02-20-2016 05:33 AM
227 1234 ...
tools
    Triple click the home button to reduce the screen and easier to use one handed.
    Have to enable in Settings...Display...1-handed operation.
    gregg6942 likes this.
    08-22-2015 01:02 PM
    Double click home button for camera to come up. Does so very fast too!!!
    zmann and gregg6942 like this.
    08-22-2015 01:16 PM
    Pinch in/out
    Well that worked! Thank you!

sent with my white Note5 with nonremovable back and no SDCard!
    08-22-2015 01:21 PM
    One separate for the spen might be good. I need to do some research on the spen, watch a couple of videos etc, and find some info. I am shocked how many Note owners of all the Notes, on this site, never use the spen.
    I realized 2 games the Spen works great for. "Word Search". You have to highlight the words you find and I found it difficult with my fingers, but so easy with the Spen. Also "Spider" solitaire. The cards are tiny and the Spen works in moving then easier.

*Note 5*
    kevinpleasants likes this.
    08-22-2015 05:09 PM
    Best hidden features video I've seen so far. Not the same stuff the other reviews show.

Note 5 Tips & Tricks: http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list...EECkqzELgX-HQl

Posted via the Android Central App
    08-22-2015 11:32 PM
    I realized 2 games the Spen works great for. "Word Search". You have to highlight the words you find and I found it difficult with my fingers, but so easy with the Spen. Also "Spider" solitaire. The cards are tiny and the Spen works in moving then easier.

*Note 5*
    Spen works great for many games because of that. I've had a jigsaw puzzle game for years and it is much easier to drag pieces with the spen.
    08-23-2015 02:07 AM
    Awesome feature. Thanks for the tip

Posted via the Android Central App using thevAT&T Note 5, 64Gig
    Attached Thumbnails Note 5 Tips and Tricks Thread-294.jpg  
    08-23-2015 02:25 AM
    I don't know if this is new or available on other phones. I've seen 3rd party apps for this in the past, but now Google has it baked right in! For those of you who enjoy your privacy and have some sort of security set, you can now add trusted locations to allow your Note 5 to automatically disable the lock screen!

Settings > Lock Screen & Security > Secure Lock Settings > Smart Lock
    Note 5 Tips and Tricks Thread-tempfileforshare_2015-08-23-07-34-48.jpg
    08-23-2015 07:48 AM
    I don't know if this is new or available on other phones. I've seen 3rd party apps for this in the past, but now Google has it baked right in! For those of you who enjoy your privacy and have some sort of security set, you can now add trusted locations to allow your Note 5 to automatically disable the lock screen!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	tempFileForShare_2015-08-23-07-34-48.jpg 
Views:	345 
Size:	81.9 KB 
ID:	192583
    Also trusted devices. I use an LG Tone + Bluetooth headset at work all day, so the phone stays unlocked unless I get to far away and the headset disconnects. Once disconnected, the phone will lock right away. Also, if you do not use the phone for 4 hours it will lock.

lyingfromyou and ladyc0524 like this.
    08-23-2015 12:01 PM
    I've been seeing this image on a lot of YouTube videos and have not been able to figure out what it is. I'm talking about the video camera icon on the bottom left. Is this a native video calling function or an app that works within the phone app? I have a voicemail icon on my ATT Note 5,Note 5 Tips and Tricks Thread-screenshot_2015-08-23-14-18-01-2.jpg
    08-23-2015 01:16 PM
    I've been seeing this image on a lot of YouTube videos and have not been able to figure out what it is. I'm talking about the video camera icon on the bottom left. Is this a native video calling function or an app that works within the phone app? I have a voicemail icon on my ATT Note 5,Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_2015-08-23-14-18-01~2.jpg 
Views:	364 
Size:	138.1 KB 
ID:	192646
    Mine has an icon that goes to t-mobile voice mail. I use Google voice so it's useless to me, but I couldn't see a way to change it in settings. So I'm not sure what yours is.

Posted via the *Note 5*
    08-23-2015 01:29 PM

Name:	tempFileForShare_2015-08-23-07-34-48.jpg 
Views:	345 
Size:	81.9 KB 
ID:	192583
    That came in Lollipop. I used it on my Note 4.
    08-23-2015 02:29 PM
    S Pen Ink notes integration with Desktop Apps with GN5

Findings in experimenting with S Note sync to Samsung App (Samsung account) and Evernote:
    • Samsung S Note Desktop App is slow and ink has huge lags when updating notes
    • S Notes synced to Evernote are just screen shot images of the S Note - not dynamic

Experimenting with GN5 OneNote Mobile integration to DeskTop OneNote
    • Sync is Fast
    • Ink inputted into your note on the phone STAYS as INK in the Desktop OneNote App
    • Very tight integration - More capable than S Note integration

Two Images below:
    1. Evernote's static bitmap of the S Note from the phone
    2. OneNote's dynamic "live ink" integration of the Mobile OneNote now integrated into Desktop

Note 5 Tips and Tricks Thread-gn5-s-note-evernote.jpg

Note 5 Tips and Tricks Thread-gn5-note-onenote.jpg

Two More Images:
    1. S Note on the phone
    2. OneNote on the phone

Note 5 Tips and Tricks Thread-gn5-note-s-note.jpg

Note 5 Tips and Tricks Thread-gn5-note-mobil-onenote.jpg

Bottom line for me: There is a hugely effective solution in the tight and dynamic ink integration of notes between the Galaxy Note 5 and Desktop when using OneNote Mobile and OneNote Desktop.

Well done Microsoft and Samsung - this is a huge winner!
    08-23-2015 04:28 PM
    I've been seeing this image on a lot of YouTube videos and have not been able to figure out what it is. I'm talking about the video camera icon on the bottom left. Is this a native video calling function or an app that works within the phone app? I have a voicemail icon on my ATT Note 5,Click image for larger version. 

That might be for Advanced Calling. I have that on mine and I have Verizon.
    08-23-2015 04:58 PM
    Found this video to be pretty helpful.

08-23-2015 05:07 PM

Advanced Calling on VZW... I guess it only works on VZW Android phones that also have Advanced Calling (VoLTE) enabled? My wife has an iPhone 6 so it doesn't work with her phone.

Posted via my Note 5
    Attached Thumbnails Note 5 Tips and Tricks Thread-2588.jpg   Note 5 Tips and Tricks Thread-2589.jpg  
    08-23-2015 05:08 PM
    S Pen Ink notes integration with Desktop Apps with GN5

Findings in experimenting with S Note sync to Samsung App (Samsung account) and Evernote:
    • Samsung S Note Desktop App is slow and ink has huge lags when updating notes
    • S Notes synced to Evernote are just screen shot images of the S Note - not dynamic

Experimenting with GN5 OneNote Mobile integration to DeskTop OneNote
    • Sync is Fast
    • Ink inputted into your note on the phone STAYS as INK in the Desktop OneNote App
    • Very tight integration - More capable than S Note integration

Two Images below:
    1. Evernote's static bitmap of the S Note from the phone
    2. OneNote's dynamic "live ink" integration of the Mobile OneNote now integrated into Desktop

Name:	GN5 S Note in Evernote.jpg 
Views:	360 
Size:	146.5 KB 
ID:	192675

Name:	GN5 Note in OneNote.jpg 
Views:	635 
Size:	129.9 KB 
ID:	192676

Two More Images:
    1. S Note on the phone
    2. OneNote on the phone

Name:	GN5 Note in S Note.jpg 
Views:	353 
Size:	423.2 KB 
ID:	192677

Name:	GN5 Note in Mobil OneNote.jpg 
Views:	354 
Size:	429.9 KB 
ID:	192679

Bottom line for me: There is a hugely effective solution in the tight and dynamic ink integration of notes between the Galaxy Note 5 and Desktop when using OneNote Mobile and OneNote Desktop.

Well done Microsoft and Samsung - this is a huge winner!
    Couldn't agree with you more. I've been using this same set up for about a year now. In my opinion you just can't beat OneNote between your Note Phone, Note Tablet and PC.

08-23-2015 05:17 PM
    I noticed the app drawer was just dropping apps in as I downloaded them. I prefer them alphabetically. I noticed in the upper right hand corner there's an A-Z option. Changed mine.

Also, there's an "edit", and you can drag and drop the first into the other app and it creates a folder. Rename, etc., and you have a folder for unused or unliked apps.

Posted via the *Note 5*
    08-23-2015 07:40 PM

Nice ! Good primer for Spen functionality. Thanks.
    08-23-2015 08:33 PM
    It is Video Calling on Verizon. not sure if other carriers have that feature.
    08-24-2015 08:53 AM

Mine has an icon that goes to t-mobile voice mail. I use Google voice so it's useless to me, but I couldn't see a way to change it in settings. So I'm not sure what yours is.

Posted via the *Note 5*
    This is the native Video Calling available in most if not all Unlocked variants and maybe some other non-US carriers.
    debdroid1a and Earl_E_Adopter like this.
    08-24-2015 09:05 AM
    This is the native Video Calling available in most if not all Unlocked variants and maybe some other non-US carriers.
    Like iPhone FaceTime?
    08-24-2015 09:44 AM

Thank you for that. Some I have learned, but that is great. I started a thread here, http://forums.androidcentral.com/sam...ml#post4631730, but this video helps a lot.

I didn't realize that you could rest your hand on the screen while you write with the Spen. That is good to know.

I also discovered that you can "remove" the icon by dragging it up and then into the garbage can. Bring it back by clicking on the clicker on the Spen.
    08-24-2015 12:52 PM
    Like iPhone FaceTime?
    Can't really tell because I don't have anybody else to try this with, but in my Unlocked Galaxy S6 as soon as you press that Icon it immediately changes to Video Call, it will be interesting to test it to see how good it is.
    08-24-2015 02:50 PM
    Advanced Calling on VZW... I guess it only works on VZW Android phones that also have Advanced Calling (VoLTE) enabled? My wife has an iPhone 6 so it doesn't work with her phone.

Posted via my Note 5
    VZW may not have gotten Samsung Pay but they got native video calling instead. Worth it?

Posted from my Note 5 via the Android Central App
    Attached Thumbnails Note 5 Tips and Tricks Thread-242.jpg   Note 5 Tips and Tricks Thread-241.jpg  
    08-24-2015 07:22 PM
227 1234 ...