02-20-2016 05:33 AM
227 ... 45678 ...
tools
    I'm glad you mentioned that. Let me correct myself: What I want to do is remove the "Apps" icon and replace it with something else. I don't have a need for that icon because I keep all of my apps in folders on the home screen.

Posted via the Android Central App
    From my Note 5
    Maybe a launcher or definitely rooting!
    08-30-2015 10:01 PM
    Were you on the iPhone 6+ ?
    Yes I was

Sent from my Note 5
    08-30-2015 10:03 PM
    Maybe a launcher or definitely rooting!
    Rooting Note 5's in the US is a problem. AT&T and Verizon for sure do not need to be rooted. You root them and you boot up to a black screen, it is done.
    08-30-2015 11:18 PM
    Vowing the pictures in the sticky thread, sometime mentioned a "food theme". It's one you have to download. There are others.

Open the camera to take a picture. Lower left hand corner had various modes. Press the "mode". Choose downloads.

I downloaded "beauty mode". Not sure why this isn't standard (at least for me . It's for selfies to sort of airbrush the face. I had it on my S5. I'm not a selfie person, but take some with people. When I'm bored I'll take some then usually delete them. But this actually did something.

Posted via the *Note 5*
    08-31-2015 08:24 AM
    Vowing the pictures in the sticky thread, sometime mentioned a "food theme". It's one you have to download. There are others.

Open the camera to take a picture. Lower left hand corner had various modes. Press the "mode". Choose downloads.

I downloaded "beauty mode". Not sure why this isn't standard (at least for me . It's for selfies to sort of airbrush the face. I had it on my S5. I'm not a selfie person, but take some with people. When I'm bored I'll take some then usually delete them. But this actually did something.

Posted via the *Note 5*
    Using "portrait" in editing lets u almost photoshop yourself. You can change the shape of your eyes, slim down your face, change your skin tone. It's crazy! Having so much fun with that.

debdroid1a likes this.
    08-31-2015 01:26 PM
    You can also download more filters and effects. Hit the effect button at the top in the camera and more options are available. Tons of stuff I'm learning!

debdroid1a likes this.
    08-31-2015 01:33 PM
    Just upgraded from a S4. On the bottom of the home screen, I could press the square for the page that I wanted to go to and it would go directly to that page. With my Note 5, when I press the square at the bottom, it only slides one page at a time in that direction. Does anyone know if there is a setting or something to allow you to jump to the page that you want?
    09-01-2015 10:58 PM
    Just upgraded from a S4. On the bottom of the home screen, I could press the square for the page that I wanted to go to and it would go directly to that page. With my Note 5, when I press the square at the bottom, it only slides one page at a time in that direction. Does anyone know if there is a setting or something to allow you to jump to the page that you want?
    I would love to know this too. I switched from my note 2 and it was so nice being able to just press the little square to go to the homepage I wanted. Im used to using 7 pages and keeping things categorized to each page. But on the note 5 it's a pain having to keep swiping back and forth. If there's no way to change it I'm seriously contemplating only have 1 home page and putting everything in categorized folders instead.
    09-02-2015 07:31 PM
    Nova launcher. Create a Nova shortcut.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
    metropolitim likes this.
    09-02-2015 07:41 PM
    I would love to know this too. I switched from my note 2 and it was so nice being able to just press the little square to go to the homepage I wanted. Im used to using 7 pages and keeping things categorized to each page. But on the note 5 it's a pain having to keep swiping back and forth. If there's no way to change it I'm seriously contemplating only have 1 home page and putting everything in categorized folders instead.
    I don't see a way to do that either. I could do that with my S5 as well. I made the center page my home screen so I can get back there easily. I also have folders. It's a fairly boring screen because of that. I'm going to see what I use most and want and change things around.

Posted via the *Note 5*
    09-02-2015 08:41 PM
    S Pen Ink notes integration with Desktop Apps with GN5

Findings in experimenting with S Note sync to Samsung App (Samsung account) and Evernote:
    • Samsung S Note Desktop App is slow and ink has huge lags when updating notes
    • S Notes synced to Evernote are just screen shot images of the S Note - not dynamic

Experimenting with GN5 OneNote Mobile integration to DeskTop OneNote
    • Sync is Fast
    • Ink inputted into your note on the phone STAYS as INK in the Desktop OneNote App
    • Very tight integration - More capable than S Note integration

Two Images below:
    1. Evernote's static bitmap of the S Note from the phone
    2. OneNote's dynamic "live ink" integration of the Mobile OneNote now integrated into Desktop

Attachment 192675

Attachment 192676

Two More Images:
    1. S Note on the phone
    2. OneNote on the phone

Attachment 192677

Attachment 192679

Bottom line for me: There is a hugely effective solution in the tight and dynamic ink integration of notes between the Galaxy Note 5 and Desktop when using OneNote Mobile and OneNote Desktop.

Well done Microsoft and Samsung - this is a huge winner!
    Thank you so much for this! I love snote and hardly ever used one note. However I have a Galaxy note 10.1 gt-n8013 which is the original note tablet so the updated snote wouldn't install on it. I recently rooted and upgraded it to 5.1.1 but lost all spen functionality so it's basically a regular stylus on that tablet. Snote wouldn't even install on it after the upgrade because I didn't have access to the galaxy app store. So after reading your post I downloaded one note and it works great on the tablet with the dumbed down spen. I also pulled up one note on my pc (something that was impossible with snote) and my note 5 and they all sync seamlessly with the same quality as Snote. This is awesome. Thanks again!

Posted from my Beast Galaxy Note 5

DEVICE HISTORY (since they got smart)
    PHONES: Galaxy Nexus, LG viper, Galaxy s3, HTC Evo 4g, Galaxy Note 2, Galaxy s5, LG G-Flex, Galaxy Mega 6.3, Galaxy s6 edge, Galaxy Note 5. TABLETS: Galaxy Note 10.1 gt-n8013, Galaxy tab 3 7.0. WATCH: Galaxy gear
    09-03-2015 07:42 AM
    I shut off my camera sound as sin as I figure out how. Here's a link on how to do that is you haven't yet and want to.

http://forums.androidcentral.com/sho...d.php?t=577430

Posted via the *Note 5*
    qwerty875 likes this.
    09-06-2015 06:14 AM
    If you own a Amazon Fire Stick, it's easy to connect your phone to it wirelessly. Mirror you phone on your TV. Just put enable display mirroring on the stick the enable screen mirror on the phone (pull down notification bar, select edit, then select screen mirror. It will recognize the Amazon stick and just select it
    Attached Thumbnails Note 5 Tips and Tricks Thread-1441764220257.jpg  
    09-08-2015 09:03 PM
    For those who may not know, when you write with the screen off, it's black and white writing. Once saved and open it, it becomes your default setting colors.

Posted via the *Note 5*
    Attached Thumbnails Note 5 Tips and Tricks Thread-1524.jpg  
    jimd1050, TheDonJ77 and AdamHLG like this.
    09-09-2015 08:05 AM
    I've been seeing this image on a lot of YouTube videos and have not been able to figure out what it is. I'm talking about the video camera icon on the bottom left. Is this a native video calling function or an app that works within the phone app? I have a voicemail icon on my ATT Note 5,Attachment 192646
    For those of us not in the US it's video calling. It's available on just about all newer android devices. My G4 had it and my wife's note 4 has it as well. It's better quality then hangouts or Skype and probably about the same as kakao (not sure if that's really a thing in the US) but not quite as good as FaceTime. I will post a screen shot tomorrow from a voice call over LTE.
    Attached Thumbnails Note 5 Tips and Tricks Thread-1441810573391.jpg  
    09-09-2015 09:57 AM
    Shortcuts for those that don't like the air command menu to popup when the spen is removed

Spen - Holding the button while double tapping the screen will start a new action memo (from any screen)

Hovering the spen near the screen and pressing the button brings up the air command menu

Sent from my Note 5 using Tapatalk
    09-09-2015 02:35 PM
    For those that use Google Now and want to go hands free

You can wake your phone by waving your hand over the screen, then just say "OK Google"

To enable gesture wakeup go to
    Settings > Accessibility > Dexterity and interaction > Gesture wakeup

Now set Google Now to open on any screen and your set

Sent from my Note 5 using Tapatalk
    09-09-2015 02:47 PM
    I would think it gives the battery a more thorough charge...
    Uh, no dude. The battery is capable of taking a charge faster....i get 6.5 hours of SOT whether I use the fast charger or whether i just plug it into a 2.0 USB port on my laptop.
    09-09-2015 03:01 PM
    If you own a Amazon Fire Stick, it's easy to connect your phone to it wirelessly. Mirror you phone on your TV. Just put enable display mirroring on the stick the enable screen mirror on the phone (pull down notification bar, select edit, then select screen mirror. It will recognize the Amazon stick and just select it
    Do you have to have WiFi for that feature to work? I drive an 18 wheeler. With my last note, I just plugged and MHL adapter in and plugged to the TV to watch Netflix. But now we. Can't do that. It would be awesome to watch netflix on the TV again. Without a wiFi connection.

Sent from my:

Beautiful Note V
    64 GB
    Black Sapphire
    Paired with Samsung Gear 2 Neo
    Sprint PCS
    09-09-2015 03:45 PM
    Do you have to have WiFi for that feature to work? I drive an 18 wheeler. With my last note, I just plugged and MHL adapter in and plugged to the TV to watch Netflix. But now we. Can't do that. It would be awesome to watch netflix on the TV again. Without a wiFi connection.

Sent from my:

Beautiful Note V
    64 GB
    Black Sapphire
    Sprint PCS
    You can also mirror using a Roku....not just using a Firestick
    09-09-2015 04:17 PM
    If you also happen own a Samsung smart TV it has the screen mirroring built into the TV, no need for other devices.
    09-09-2015 05:35 PM
    this is not note 5 specific but thanks to this thread i discovered side sync which is now my favorite samsung feature. using the app on my surface now and i can make and receive phone calls all while charging my phone in the other room. i can even view my note's screen.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk
    Sammuel1973 likes this.
    09-09-2015 06:50 PM
    You can also mirror using a Roku....not just using a Firestick
    Right. But do I need wifi?

Here's what I'm looking to use a roku or fire stick as.

I'm out in the middle nowhere in my rig. Just got done for the night and wanna watch a movie. Oh darn. No wifi. Can I plug either of these devices into the hdmi plug on my. HITACHI flat screen here in the truck, turn on mirroring on my note 5, have it sync up with either of these devices, hit play on netflix on my phone, and watch it on my tv?

I'm looking for an alternative the mhl adapter I used to use to stream netflix from my phone to the tv.

Thanks. Sorry for the long explanation. I just wanted explain how I'm looking to use it.

Sent from my:

Beautiful Note V
    64 GB
    Black Sapphire
    Sprint PCS
    09-09-2015 09:10 PM
    Hey jmy,

My understanding is that you can connect to a fire stick via Wi-Fi direct without needing an existing Wi-Fi connection. Not having use Wi-Fi direct before I'm not sure if you still have access to mobile network while broadcasting to the Wi-Fi direct. However you should still be able to broadcast videos recorded on your note 5, which you can now record Amazon Prime videos to your device either from some random Wi-Fi hotspot or from the mobile network before connecting to the fire stick.

I have a link to a web page that explains the Wi-Fi direct connection to a fire stick however I'm not allowed to post links yet being a rookie.

Hope this helps.
    09-09-2015 09:43 PM
    Hey jmy,

My understanding is that you can connect to a fire stick via Wi-Fi direct without needing an existing Wi-Fi connection. Not having use Wi-Fi direct before I'm not sure if you still have access to mobile network while broadcasting to the Wi-Fi direct. However you should still be able to broadcast videos recorded on your note 5, which you can now record Amazon Prime videos to your device either from some random Wi-Fi hotspot or from the mobile network before connecting to the fire stick.

I have a link to a web page that explains the Wi-Fi direct connection to a fire stick however I'm not allowed to post links yet being a rookie.

Hope this helps.
    Sure just message me the link and I will check it out. Thanks. Never needed it before as everything had mhl support.

Sent from my:

Beautiful Note V
    64 GB
    Black Sapphire
    Sprint PCS
    09-09-2015 10:12 PM
227 ... 45678 ...