Note 5 Tips and Tricks Thread

TheMatrix31

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
I'll be coming over from an HTC One M7 to a Samsung Note 5 and thought it'd be good idea to create a thread for you guys to share tips and tricks for people who may be coming over to their first Samsung device, first Note, or for anyone who just might not know something neat or useful you can do with the phone.

debdroid1a

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
Just found it's as easy to make folders, drag one app into another. I changed the name as well as the color on some.

I came from an S5,

Posted via the Android Central App

Attachments

• 431.jpg
    431.jpg
    20 KB · Views: 1,261
Last edited:

smalba

May 2, 2013
Visit site
Does anyone know how to capture a long Web page? I've seen people post screen grabs of a long Web page but I can't figure out how.

Daaku Singh

Mar 7, 2014
Visit site
Subscribing ....just picked up my Note 5 from Bestbuy today ..it wasn't too bad but spent over an hour in the store and there was a preorder line of about 9 people when I went in. No 64GB ...some guys opted for the 32GB instead.

Really cool phone but I can see I'll be spending a lot of time customizing the device. Really miss the back button on my old Note 2 :-( .........

Hopefully mods can sticky this.

TJohnsonmp01

Feb 20, 2010
Visit site
You can change the font size to be different throughout your phone from those in your text. In your text you go to settings and select size and font that you'd like. And for the rest of the phone you go to main settings display then font. I personally like my text font to be a lip smaller so ppl next to me can't easily read them.

If ur into selfies u place ur finger over the sensor near the back camera lense to snap ur shot!

da3lynx

May 23, 2011
Visit site
Is there any way to turn off the fast charge feature? Had the option in the note 4, seems to be gone in the 5.

russel5150

Jul 15, 2012
Visit site
I would think it gives the battery a more thorough charge...

I've heard it does, I've also heard it doesn't make a difference.

I would see if you a normal charger and just use that, it shouldn't hurt anything.

My experience with my Droid turbo is that it really didn't matter, but haven't tried it w a samsung.

sent with my white Note5 with nonremovable back and no SDCard!

Le0_Br4zUc4

Nov 4, 2010
Visit site
Does anybody have a work around for the note 5 having no menu button?

Those 3 dots in the app works a menu. On older Samsung phones, you could press and hold the recent apps button but on the Note 5, it activates the spit screen app.

EDIT. JUST FOUND OUT. PRESS AND HOLD BACK KEY IS YOUR MENU SHORTCUT

Attachments

• 1490.jpg
    1490.jpg
    36.8 KB · Views: 950

Tampaguy75

Jun 6, 2012
Visit site
Something that I believe is new in the Note 5 compared to the Note 4 is the ability to choose a grid size for each page of your screen. The Note 5 now offers up to 5 X 5 grid (you can also choose 4 X 5 or 4 X 4). Buy default it's 5 X 5. I personally don't care for the 5 X 5 grid size because the icons are a little small for my taste. To change the grid size, perform a "pinch to zoom" action on a screen and the click on "screen grid".

da3lynx

May 23, 2011
Visit site
Why would you want to turn that off?

I wanted to see if charging it normally would make the charge last longer. With my note 4 if I used fast charge, the battery wouldn't last as long compared to a slow charge.

co.ag.2005

Aug 28, 2010
Visit site
I've heard it does, I've also heard it doesn't make a difference.

I would see if you a normal charger and just use that, it shouldn't hurt anything.

My experience with my Droid turbo is that it really didn't matter, but haven't tried it w a samsung.

sent with my white Note5 with nonremovable back and no SDCard!

This. I use my fast charger when I need it to charge quickly, but use a standard charger to charge it overnight. Does it matter? Not sure but that's the way I've been doing it with this phone and the S6

Gray Area

Dec 5, 2012
Visit site
Subscribing ....just picked up my Note 5 from Bestbuy today ..it wasn't too bad but spent over an hour in the store and there was a preorder line of about 9 people when I went in. No 64GB ...some guys opted for the 32GB instead.

Really cool phone but I can see I'll be spending a lot of time customizing the device. Really miss the back button on my old Note 2 :-( .........

Hopefully mods can sticky this.

Same! It was packed at best buy line was long and everyone was in the mobile section talking about the n5 and s6e, was cool to see the interest in the devices but I was late getting back to work and annoyed.

Posted from my Beast Galaxy Note 5 via the Android Central App

debdroid1a

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
Something that I believe is new in the Note 5 compared to the Note 4 is the ability to choose a grid size for each page of your screen. The Note 5 now offers up to 5 X 5 grid (you can also choose 4 X 5 or 4 X 4). Buy default it's 5 X 5. I personally don't care for the 5 X 5 grid size because the icons are a little small for my taste. To change the grid size, perform a "pinch to zoom" action on a screen and the click on "screen grid".

You can also long press any screen to get that option.

I chose the 5x5, because then I can have more screen and less icons scrunched together. I'm glad we get choices.

This is also how you can get rid of the far right flipboard, just unchecked it. Or add screens.

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Glad someone started this thread. This is one we need. I haven't played with mine yet, still getting everything like I like it. Hopefully to we can get some info on the spen and what it will do, in here.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
catherinediane