Note 5 Tips and Tricks Thread

baggyp

May 8, 2010
Visit site
I don't know if this is something that is well know already but....

If you have an app that shows in your status bar and you can swipe it away, if you long press a menu will pop up. Turn off the top and bottom option and you won't see that notification anymore.

I did this with the mytmobile app, worked great.

Posted via the Android Central App

debdroid1a

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
Glad someone started this thread. This is one we need. I haven't played with mine yet, still getting everything like I like it. Hopefully to we can get some info on the spen and what it will do, in here.

I was thinking of starting a new thread, might get more replies. Just haven't stated it yet. I'm new to the Note and Spen.

*Note 5*

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
I was thinking of starting a new thread, might get more replies. Just haven't stated it yet. I'm new to the Note and Spen.

*Note 5*

One separate for the spen might be good. I need to do some research on the spen, watch a couple of videos etc, and find some info. I am shocked how many Note owners of all the Notes, on this site, never use the spen.

Last edited:

russel5150

Jul 15, 2012
Visit site
So i have a question.

Is there a trick to zooming on the camera in auto mode, which i believe is the default setting?

I cant seem to find how to zoom in lol.

sent with my white Note5 with nonremovable back and no SDCard!

ctk4949

Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Triple click the home button to reduce the screen and easier to use one handed.
Have to enable in Settings...Display...1-handed operation.

debdroid1a

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
One separate for the spen might be good. I need to do some research on the spen, watch a couple of videos etc, and find some info. I am shocked how many Note owners of all the Notes, on this site, never use the spen.

I realized 2 games the Spen works great for. "Word Search". You have to highlight the words you find and I found it difficult with my fingers, but so easy with the Spen. Also "Spider" solitaire. The cards are tiny and the Spen works in moving then easier.

*Note 5*

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
I realized 2 games the Spen works great for. "Word Search". You have to highlight the words you find and I found it difficult with my fingers, but so easy with the Spen. Also "Spider" solitaire. The cards are tiny and the Spen works in moving then easier.

*Note 5*

Spen works great for many games because of that. I've had a jigsaw puzzle game for years and it is much easier to drag pieces with the spen.

tmp3150

Banned
Apr 1, 2013
Visit site
Awesome feature. Thanks for the tip

Posted via the Android Central App using thevAT&T Note 5, 64Gig

Attachments

• 294.jpg
    294.jpg
    52.6 KB · Views: 268

lyingfromyou

May 5, 2011
Visit site
I don't know if this is new or available on other phones. I've seen 3rd party apps for this in the past, but now Google has it baked right in! For those of you who enjoy your privacy and have some sort of security set, you can now add trusted locations to allow your Note 5 to automatically disable the lock screen!

Settings > Lock Screen & Security > Secure Lock Settings > Smart Lock
tempFileForShare_2015-08-23-07-34-48.jpg

Connert

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site
I don't know if this is new or available on other phones. I've seen 3rd party apps for this in the past, but now Google has it baked right in! For those of you who enjoy your privacy and have some sort of security set, you can now add trusted locations to allow your Note 5 to automatically disable the lock screen!

View attachment 192583

Also trusted devices. I use an LG Tone + Bluetooth headset at work all day, so the phone stays unlocked unless I get to far away and the headset disconnects. Once disconnected, the phone will lock right away. Also, if you do not use the phone for 4 hours it will lock.

Posted via the Android Central App

Earl_E_Adopter

Aug 22, 2015
Visit site
I've been seeing this image on a lot of YouTube videos and have not been able to figure out what it is. I'm talking about the video camera icon on the bottom left. Is this a native video calling function or an app that works within the phone app? I have a voicemail icon on my ATT Note 5,Screenshot_2015-08-23-14-18-01~2.jpg

debdroid1a

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
I've been seeing this image on a lot of YouTube videos and have not been able to figure out what it is. I'm talking about the video camera icon on the bottom left. Is this a native video calling function or an app that works within the phone app? I have a voicemail icon on my ATT Note 5,View attachment 192646

Mine has an icon that goes to t-mobile voice mail. I use Google voice so it's useless to me, but I couldn't see a way to change it in settings. So I'm not sure what yours is.

Posted via the *Note 5*

Last edited:

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site

View attachment 192583

That came in Lollipop. I used it on my Note 4.

Terry Tigner

Aug 23, 2015
Visit site
S Pen Ink notes integration with Desktop Apps with GN5

Findings in experimenting with S Note sync to Samsung App (Samsung account) and Evernote:
  • Samsung S Note Desktop App is slow and ink has huge lags when updating notes
  • S Notes synced to Evernote are just screen shot images of the S Note - not dynamic

Experimenting with GN5 OneNote Mobile integration to DeskTop OneNote
  • Sync is Fast
  • Ink inputted into your note on the phone STAYS as INK in the Desktop OneNote App
  • Very tight integration - More capable than S Note integration

Two Images below:
1. Evernote's static bitmap of the S Note from the phone
2. OneNote's dynamic "live ink" integration of the Mobile OneNote now integrated into Desktop

GN5 S Note in Evernote.jpg

GN5 Note in OneNote.jpg

Two More Images:
1. S Note on the phone
2. OneNote on the phone

GN5 Note in S Note.jpg

GN5 Note in Mobil OneNote.jpg

Bottom line for me: There is a hugely effective solution in the tight and dynamic ink integration of notes between the Galaxy Note 5 and Desktop when using OneNote Mobile and OneNote Desktop.

Well done Microsoft and Samsung - this is a huge winner!

mcgeorge36

Dec 8, 2009
Visit site
I've been seeing this image on a lot of YouTube videos and have not been able to figure out what it is. I'm talking about the video camera icon on the bottom left. Is this a native video calling function or an app that works within the phone app? I have a voicemail icon on my ATT Note 5,View attachment 192646

That might be for Advanced Calling. I have that on mine and I have Verizon.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Akshay