Note 5 Tips and Tricks Thread

boufa

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
There are a few Note features that I can't find on the Note 5 (not hardware related)

The biggest one, that I used alot.... split screen loading of links, part of multi view/multiwindow. When I would click on a link in some apps, like twitter, in past versions it would split the window and open chrome in the new window. I could keep reading twitter, while the chrome link loaded. Was really good for clicking on instagram photo links posted in twitter.

Has anyone found that they can still do this and how?! I did get it to work by manually opening twitter using the multiwindow features, and then manually opening chrome in the other window, then pushing one down a bit until I needed it, but it was so much more handy when it was automatic.

emcknight23

Mar 28, 2012
Visit site
To get the reduce screen size, Go to Setting then DISPLAY then ONE HAND OPERATION. Have to enable it here. it's off by default. Once turned on, you can click the home button 3 times and it will reduce the screen size for one hand use. 3 clicks again and it go back to full screen

debdroid1a

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
To get the reduce screen size, Go to Setting then DISPLAY then ONE HAND OPERATION. Have to enable it here. it's off by default. Once turned on, you can click the home button 3 times and it will reduce the screen size for one hand use. 3 clicks again and it go back to full screen

That's why mine didn't work. I thought that would make it permanently that way, for one handed use, and I don't want that.

debdroid1a

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
There are a few Note features that I can't find on the Note 5 (not hardware related)

The biggest one, that I used alot.... split screen loading of links, part of multi view/multiwindow. When I would click on a link in some apps, like twitter, in past versions it would split the window and open chrome in the new window. I could keep reading twitter, while the chrome link loaded. Was really good for clicking on instagram photo links posted in twitter.

Has anyone found that they can still do this and how?! I did get it to work by manually opening twitter using the multiwindow features, and then manually opening chrome in the other window, then pushing one down a bit until I needed it, but it was so much more handy when it was automatic.

I haven't tried yet, the way to do this in in post 2, as well as other uses for the multi window. http://forums.androidcentral.com/sa...n-note-users-how-do-you-use-multi-window.html.

debdroid1a

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
On another discussion, someone had a question (http://forums.androidcentral.com/samsung-galaxy-note-5/572219-s-pen-not-filling-text.html) . I missed the app he was using, but tried the spen on gmail anyway. It worked pretty decent. I just used the spen.

Here's a screen shot of the writing part before clicking "done" a second time. The first line I had pressed done, then added more. It changed it to a handwriting font, my handwriting is not this nice. And I wrote/drew an extra line after "problem" then crossed it out and it deleted it, so there's an extra space there after the word. It does change to text though. . I used the spen and just hovered over the message box and it brought up the option for writing with a small circle and a "t" in it.

Capture.JPG

EP3K24

Aug 26, 2015
Visit site
I found out a work around the sd card issue but it will require a little be of hard ware. The reader is found on amazon just type meenova and it will be the top 2 items

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

debdroid1a

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
That is one workaround. There are also flash sticks with lots of GB, like this 32GB one, that have both a micro and regular usb port. Then you can transfer items on it from your computer, pocket it, when you need it attach it to your phone.

There are also micro card readers, like this one, that have a micro usb and it will read various sizes of cards, some read regular sized flash sticks.

Now, I'm not sure if any of these work on the Note 5, but someone might have one they've tried (I haven't tried mine, guess I should). I'm working with the 64GB phone and trying cloud computing and saving.

tmp3150

Banned
Apr 1, 2013
Visit site
Does anyone know how to take a screen shot with the S Pen? I used to push the button on the S Pen and press it against the screens and the screen shot is taken and the options pop up to draw, select or share the screen.

Posted via the Android Central App using thevAT&T Note 5, 64Gig

8100User

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
Does anyone know how to take a screen shot with the S Pen? I used to push the button on the S Pen and press it against the screens and the screen shot is taken and the options pop up to draw, select or share the screen.

Press the Power button (right side) and the Home button at the same time.

You can also take a screen shot with a hand jester... you need to turn it on first in settings. Once turned on (Settings/Motions and Gestures/Palm swipe to capture) turn your hand so that the edge of your hand faces the screen, then swipe your hand from right to left or left to right, and it'll take a screen capture.

It's a little tricky... your hand has to actually brush against the screen, I believe. Again, use the edge of your hand, with your hand open as if you're going to shake hands with someone, then brush the bottom edge of your hand across the screen.

Hope this helps!

2015-08-27 00.54.57.jpg

zmann

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
Press the Power button (right side) and the Home button at the same time.

You can also take a screen shot with a hand jester... you need to turn it on first in settings. Once turned on (Settings/Motions and Gestures/Palm swipe to capture) turn your hand so that the edge of your hand faces the screen, then swipe your hand from right to left or left to right, and it'll take a screen capture.

It's a little tricky... your hand has to actually brush against the screen, I believe. Again, use the edge of your hand, with your hand open as if you're going to shake hands with someone, then brush the bottom edge of your hand across the screen.

Hope this helps!

View attachment 193347
Question was "how to take screen shot with s pen"

Note 5 is DOPE

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Question was "how to take screen shot with s pen"

Note 5 is DOPE

The only way I know right now, and I haven't done any research or playing with the spen yet, is to choose "screen write". As before it takes a screenshot and you can write on it, but don't have to.

debdroid1a

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site

Smart select.

So activate the air commands, by pressing the button on the spen or taking the spen out.
Choose Smart Select.
You have a few options how to take the screen shot. I believe rectangle is default.
Select by dragging the pen from one corner to the next. For example from the upper left hand corner to the lower right hand corner.
Once you select, you have options to save, send, etc.

If you're adventurous or need an odd shape, try the lasso.

Posted via the *Note 5*

Mznik60620

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
I purchased this to use my SD card on the Note 5 and it works. I have a USB/SD card reader/adapter. I plug it into the device and plug the device into the phone. I am able to transfer files to and from the phone to the SD card

Attachments

• 1440644190093.jpg
    1440644190093.jpg
    43.4 KB · Views: 125

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
one01