Note 5 Tips and Tricks Thread

AdamHLG

Trusted Member
Dec 20, 2011
Visit site
Tip... setup speed dial entries in the phone app. Ie., my wife is long press "2". She would be number 1 however that's set for voicemail and it won't allow me to change it. Now I'll show her this post to get the "awww" .

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

AllPhones

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
I'm glad you mentioned that. Let me correct myself: What I want to do is remove the "Apps" icon and replace it with something else. I don't have a need for that icon because I keep all of my apps in folders on the home screen.

Posted via the Android Central App
From my Note 5

Maybe a launcher or definitely rooting!

debdroid1a

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
Vowing the pictures in the sticky thread, sometime mentioned a "food theme". It's one you have to download. There are others.

Open the camera to take a picture. Lower left hand corner had various modes. Press the "mode". Choose downloads.

I downloaded "beauty mode". Not sure why this isn't standard (at least for me ;). It's for selfies to sort of airbrush the face. I had it on my S5. I'm not a selfie person, but take some with people. When I'm bored I'll take some then usually delete them. But this actually did something.

Posted via the *Note 5*

Katrina White1

Dec 20, 2013
Visit site
Vowing the pictures in the sticky thread, sometime mentioned a "food theme". It's one you have to download. There are others.

Open the camera to take a picture. Lower left hand corner had various modes. Press the "mode". Choose downloads.

I downloaded "beauty mode". Not sure why this isn't standard (at least for me ;). It's for selfies to sort of airbrush the face. I had it on my S5. I'm not a selfie person, but take some with people. When I'm bored I'll take some then usually delete them. But this actually did something.

Posted via the *Note 5*

Using "portrait" in editing lets u almost photoshop yourself. You can change the shape of your eyes, slim down your face, change your skin tone. It's crazy! Having so much fun with that.

Katrina White1

Dec 20, 2013
Visit site
You can also download more filters and effects. Hit the effect button at the top in the camera and more options are available. Tons of stuff I'm learning!

phreddie04

Sep 2, 2015
Visit site
Just upgraded from a S4. On the bottom of the home screen, I could press the square for the page that I wanted to go to and it would go directly to that page. With my Note 5, when I press the square at the bottom, it only slides one page at a time in that direction. Does anyone know if there is a setting or something to allow you to jump to the page that you want?

tom7476

Aug 20, 2015
Visit site
Just upgraded from a S4. On the bottom of the home screen, I could press the square for the page that I wanted to go to and it would go directly to that page. With my Note 5, when I press the square at the bottom, it only slides one page at a time in that direction. Does anyone know if there is a setting or something to allow you to jump to the page that you want?

I would love to know this too. I switched from my note 2 and it was so nice being able to just press the little square to go to the homepage I wanted. Im used to using 7 pages and keeping things categorized to each page. But on the note 5 it's a pain having to keep swiping back and forth. If there's no way to change it I'm seriously contemplating only have 1 home page and putting everything in categorized folders instead.

debdroid1a

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
I would love to know this too. I switched from my note 2 and it was so nice being able to just press the little square to go to the homepage I wanted. Im used to using 7 pages and keeping things categorized to each page. But on the note 5 it's a pain having to keep swiping back and forth. If there's no way to change it I'm seriously contemplating only have 1 home page and putting everything in categorized folders instead.

I don't see a way to do that either. I could do that with my S5 as well. I made the center page my home screen so I can get back there easily. I also have folders. It's a fairly boring screen because of that. I'm going to see what I use most and want and change things around.

Posted via the *Note 5*

Gray Area

Dec 5, 2012
Visit site
S Pen Ink notes integration with Desktop Apps with GN5

Findings in experimenting with S Note sync to Samsung App (Samsung account) and Evernote:
  • Samsung S Note Desktop App is slow and ink has huge lags when updating notes
  • S Notes synced to Evernote are just screen shot images of the S Note - not dynamic

Experimenting with GN5 OneNote Mobile integration to DeskTop OneNote
  • Sync is Fast
  • Ink inputted into your note on the phone STAYS as INK in the Desktop OneNote App
  • Very tight integration - More capable than S Note integration

Two Images below:
1. Evernote's static bitmap of the S Note from the phone
2. OneNote's dynamic "live ink" integration of the Mobile OneNote now integrated into Desktop

View attachment 192675

View attachment 192676

Two More Images:
1. S Note on the phone
2. OneNote on the phone

View attachment 192677

View attachment 192679

Bottom line for me: There is a hugely effective solution in the tight and dynamic ink integration of notes between the Galaxy Note 5 and Desktop when using OneNote Mobile and OneNote Desktop.

Well done Microsoft and Samsung - this is a huge winner!

Thank you so much for this! I love snote and hardly ever used one note. However I have a Galaxy note 10.1 gt-n8013 which is the original note tablet so the updated snote wouldn't install on it. I recently rooted and upgraded it to 5.1.1 but lost all spen functionality so it's basically a regular stylus on that tablet. Snote wouldn't even install on it after the upgrade because I didn't have access to the galaxy app store. So after reading your post I downloaded one note and it works great on the tablet with the dumbed down spen. I also pulled up one note on my pc (something that was impossible with snote) and my note 5 and they all sync seamlessly with the same quality as Snote. This is awesome. Thanks again!

Posted from my Beast Galaxy Note 5

DEVICE HISTORY (since they got smart)
PHONES: Galaxy Nexus, LG viper, Galaxy s3, HTC Evo 4g, Galaxy Note 2, Galaxy s5, LG G-Flex, Galaxy Mega 6.3, Galaxy s6 edge, Galaxy Note 5. TABLETS: Galaxy Note 10.1 gt-n8013, Galaxy tab 3 7.0. WATCH: Galaxy gear

emcknight23

Mar 28, 2012
Visit site
If you own a Amazon Fire Stick, it's easy to connect your phone to it wirelessly. Mirror you phone on your TV. Just put enable display mirroring on the stick the enable screen mirror on the phone (pull down notification bar, select edit, then select screen mirror. It will recognize the Amazon stick and just select it

Attachments

• 1441764220257.jpg
    1441764220257.jpg
    55.5 KB · Views: 112

debdroid1a

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
For those who may not know, when you write with the screen off, it's black and white writing. Once saved and open it, it becomes your default setting colors.

Posted via the *Note 5*

Attachments

• 1524.jpg
    1524.jpg
    45 KB · Views: 104

StevenJ_AK

May 9, 2014
Visit site
I've been seeing this image on a lot of YouTube videos and have not been able to figure out what it is. I'm talking about the video camera icon on the bottom left. Is this a native video calling function or an app that works within the phone app? I have a voicemail icon on my ATT Note 5,View attachment 192646

For those of us not in the US it's video calling. It's available on just about all newer android devices. My G4 had it and my wife's note 4 has it as well. It's better quality then hangouts or Skype and probably about the same as kakao (not sure if that's really a thing in the US) but not quite as good as FaceTime. I will post a screen shot tomorrow from a voice call over LTE.

Attachments

• 1441810573391.jpg
    1441810573391.jpg
    27.8 KB · Views: 101

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
catherinediane