Note 5 Tips and Tricks Thread

zmann

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
Thank you,, I actually figured it out myself but I'm sure the information will help others. Thanks again.

Note 5 is DOPE

debdroid1a

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
Found 2 new tips with the Spen that I thought I'd share in case someone else doesn't know.

Double tap the screen to bring up an Action Memo. When I'm using the Spen, like a word search game, but have moved the options up and deleted then so it's off my screen, I can do this and it's quick and easy. Won't interfere with my game, too much. Yes you can click the pen and choose Action Memo, but this is easier, I think.

You can play with cropped photos. If you choose the Lasso and choose, say, the head of your cat, you can put it on your dog's body. ;) I was thinking this might work when Photo Grid doesn't do what I want with multiple photos to share.

Posted via the *Note 5*

anon(9228075)

Dec 12, 2014
Visit site
S Pen Ink notes integration with Desktop Apps with GN5

Findings in experimenting with S Note sync to Samsung App (Samsung account) and Evernote:
  • Samsung S Note Desktop App is slow and ink has huge lags when updating notes
  • S Notes synced to Evernote are just screen shot images of the S Note - not dynamic

Experimenting with GN5 OneNote Mobile integration to DeskTop OneNote
  • Sync is Fast
  • Ink inputted into your note on the phone STAYS as INK in the Desktop OneNote App
  • Very tight integration - More capable than S Note integration

Two Images below:
1. Evernote's static bitmap of the S Note from the phone
2. OneNote's dynamic "live ink" integration of the Mobile OneNote now integrated into Desktop

View attachment 192675

View attachment 192676

Two More Images:
1. S Note on the phone
2. OneNote on the phone

View attachment 192677

View attachment 192679

Bottom line for me: There is a hugely effective solution in the tight and dynamic ink integration of notes between the Galaxy Note 5 and Desktop when using OneNote Mobile and OneNote Desktop.

Well done Microsoft and Samsung - this is a huge winner!

So are you saying to take notes in OneNote mobile to sync or take note in S Note and sync it to OneNote?

Posted via the Android Central App

Connert

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site
So are you saying to take notes in OneNote mobile to sync or take note in S Note and sync it to OneNote?

Take notes in OneNote. The notes will sync automatically across all devices, including "ink" notes.

AdamHLG

Trusted Member
Dec 20, 2011
Visit site
2 things:

1. On "Ok Google" there is no need to waive your hand via that setting ie no need to set that if you go to Google Settings app and make OK Google a trusted voice. Now you can unlock phone with OK Google and ask away.

2. If you connect via Bluetooth to your car or use headphones, and you like music, go to sound in the settings section and select tube amp under sound effects. This is a hidden gem. Perhaps it's just my ear but the bass sound is spectacular with that setting. Whatever they did the deep bass sounds quite good when I blast Spotify in my car over Bluetooth with that tube amp sound effect selected. It's always on now.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

AdamHLG

Trusted Member
Dec 20, 2011
Visit site
Now that you mention it, ok Google is not unlocking the phone despite my setting it as a trusted device.

phreddie04

Sep 2, 2015
Visit site
Now that you mention it, ok Google is not unlocking the phone despite my setting it as a trusted device.

My "OK Google" works when the phone is locked, but it doesn't unlock the phone. If I ask a question, like the weather or sports score, it'll answer, but if I ask it to do something like open an app, it'll tell me, "I can't do that when the phone is locked." If I unlock quick enough, though, it'll open the app for me.

tanson1011

Feb 5, 2012
Visit site
I have the s planner app on my home screen. Also have widget on a different screen... But if I have to make a quick note for a day while on the phone I can click the S planner app and hold the date I want for a couple of seconds with the S-pen, and I will be able to jot an appointment or whatever into that date.

digitalbreak

Trusted Member
Jun 13, 2013
Visit site
I have the s planner app on my home screen. Also have widget on a different screen... But if I have to make a quick note for a day while on the phone I can click the S planner app and hold the date I want for a couple of seconds with the S-pen, and I will be able to jot an appointment or whatever into that date.

I don't seem to have this S Planner app? Where can I get it?

Mariah Richardson

May 26, 2014
Visit site
I just did this and the camera focused immediately. I tapped the top, the sides. Every time it focused.

Like, you literally just lightly tap the side of the phone and it'll focus? I've got a case with a TPU bumper on it so that may be why I didn't notice anything. I just tried doing it with the case off and I think it was focusing? Lol

ctk4949

Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Like, you literally just lightly tap the side of the phone and it'll focus? I've got a case with a TPU bumper on it so that may be why I didn't notice anything. I just tried doing it with the case off and I think it was focusing? Lol

Are you sure it was the focus and not the OIS working?? lol

debdroid1a

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
That's what I'm saying, I think it's just the image stabilizing from the phone moving a bit from tapping it.. Lol I'm kinda skeptical if that's a "feature"

Someone said that's the ONLY way they could focus their phone. I tried it and it does work, but so does taping the screen.

Posted via the *Note 5*

calicocat2010

Jun 22, 2013
Visit site

I have a Verus case on mine and I noticed it focused the image after tapping the side of the phone. Yes, even small taps.