Note 5, how do I transfer pics to computer?

A

AC Question

Note 5, transfer pics to computer

I'm trying to transfer my pictures from my sd card but can't get my note 5 to connect to my computer.

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
Re: How do I get my note 5 to connect to my computer to transfer pics

I'm trying to transfer my pictures from my sd card but can't get my note 5 to connect to my computer.
Welcome to Android Central!

You need to install the drivers and/or Kies. Get Kies here: Samsung Smart Switch™: Transfer Contacts, Music & More

Drivers: Download Center: Download Software, Firmware, Drivers & Manuals | Samsung

Enter the model number of the Note 5 you have and the resulting product should show up with an option to choose USB Drivers to download and install on your computer. On a side Note, how are you enjoying the device?

Rarri

Feb 24, 2016
Visit site
how do I import photos FROM my NOTE 5 to my computer?? Found an app, then they wanted $$$$. Was real easy & quick with an apple phone... :-(

ctvette2003

Jan 23, 2016
Visit site
Just sign up for Box, dropBox or One drive and then install it on your computer, during set up you can link it to your camera and all pics will be copied to your computer. These are all free services with upgrades for more storage

blackhemi4x4

Dec 8, 2013
Visit site
Re: Note 5, transfer pics to computer

I use Google photos. It's simple, can automatically back up, so all my pictures are available at any PC I'm at.

prolongExistence

Aug 19, 2011
Visit site
I agree with using Google Photos to back up all your photos. It's a good practice anyway so that you'll have all your photos if your device is ever lost or stolen. SD cards have also been known to be volatile storage so not always the best for archiving. Then you just have to go to https://photos.google.com on your computer and everything is right there.

You can also download the Wifi File Transfer app as long as your phone & computer can be on the same wifi network. The free version works just fine.
https://forums.androidcentral.com/e....smarterdroid.wififiletransfer&token=nqkkEAxy

Or, most newer computers have card readers built in. You could always take the SD card out of your phone & put it in the computer.

vithar1066

Apr 21, 2016
Visit site
to the person that suggested using the card reader on the PC, Note5's do not have removeable SD cards.. unfortunately. It's a huge de-evolution from the note4. I would like to know an easy, free way to transfer pics as well. I've tried sidesync, but sometimes it just will not work.

zsufi

Aug 10, 2013
Visit site
Didn't really think this was asked.
Steps
Remove the USB cord from the charger
Plug the USB cord that charges your phone to note 5
Plug the other end to a USB port on your computer, there is at least one port maybe 2 or 3
Windows will automatically install the drivers
Windows will automatically pop up the note 5 folder
Browse the note 5 folder and find folder named dcim
All your photos and videos you took with your phone will be there
Copy and paste the files to a new folder you created on your computer
For whatsapp and other messaging services each will have their own folder for media under media folder on note 5
Copy paste those as well

Simple as simple gets

ksg80

May 17, 2016
Visit site
kinda new to android. Was an IOS user before. Using a Note 5 now. When i was using IOS i connect it to my notebook the windows option pops up i select copy pic and it only copied from the right folder all the pictures & videos.

Now with the Note 5 it copied every single image on the phone not only from the camera. Every icon from every app is copied each and every time. and it does not remember which one was done before. so it kinda seems to start all over every time i connect it to my notebook.

So how do i ensure that it only copies from the right folder when every i use the windows auto transfer option? besides going to that folder in the phone specifically i would like to know other options. I have checked all possible settings for the auto transfer but there is no option to pick a folder to copy from..

burwil

Dec 11, 2009
Visit site
Didn't really think this was asked.
Steps
Remove the USB cord from the charger
Plug the USB cord that charges your phone to note 5
Plug the other end to a USB port on your computer, there is at least one port maybe 2 or 3
Windows will automatically install the drivers
Windows will automatically pop up the note 5 folder
Browse the note 5 folder and find folder named dcim
All your photos and videos you took with your phone will be there
Copy and paste the files to a new folder you created on your computer
For whatsapp and other messaging services each will have their own folder for media under media folder on note 5
Copy paste those as well

Simple as simple gets

I typically copy my entire phone over to the PC in this way when I change phones.

Trees

Sep 20, 2012
Visit site
kinda new to android. Was an IOS user before. Using a Note 5 now. When i was using IOS i connect it to my notebook the windows option pops up i select copy pic and it only copied from the right folder all the pictures & videos.

Now with the Note 5 it copied every single image on the phone not only from the camera. Every icon from every app is copied each and every time. and it does not remember which one was done before. so it kinda seems to start all over every time i connect it to my notebook.

So how do i ensure that it only copies from the right folder when every i use the windows auto transfer option? besides going to that folder in the phone specifically i would like to know other options. I have checked all possible settings for the auto transfer but there is no option to pick a folder to copy from..

I go into the Pictures folder and copy the photos from there, since I organize photos in subdirectories. Or if you just keep your photos in the default DCIM folder, you could copy from that location.

TeknoBlast

May 20, 2016
Visit site
I have mine auto-upload to my OneDrive whenever I connect to my WiFi. If I dont want to wait for the uploads to complete, then I just use the good old USB cable.

Carlo Villa

Feb 7, 2013
Visit site

I use Google photos. It's simple, can automatically back up, so all my pictures are available at any PC I'm at.
Google photos is the best, you can take pics on your Android phone and open the pics in Android or IOS or Windows 10 computers, as long as you have a Google account 😊

No wires to connect, no special set ups, just open Google photos go to settings and back up to your Google mail account !

f3aa6446d935fe91c919eb128ba41536.jpg

bluebearone

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site
This doesn't work. You can see the device on windows explorer, but it is completely empty. Despite my phone being full. I've NEVER had a problem copying from a cell phone to a computer. Then again, I've never had a phone REMOVE something so common place and necessary as an SD slot. Filled it with video/pictures of my kid within the first month. I've never been able to download what I need or take more pictures since!

Trees

Sep 20, 2012
Visit site
I think the default USB mode is now set to charging, so changing it to MTP mode should enable the phone's storage to show up in Windows Explorer.

owensch1

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site

I keep getting an access denied error when I try to transfer pictures to my photos in my computer.

beechiegirl1953

Mar 27, 2012
Visit site
Someone here suggested taking the SD card out of the Samsung Galaxy Note 5 and inserting it into the computer to which you want to transfer pics and videos. This particular smartphone does not have an SD card, so that's not a valid solution. I have 1200 pics and a few videos to transfer and am still looking for a (free) means to do this. I tried connecting the two by cable, but nothing pops up on my laptop after doing this to indicate it has installed any means to make a transfer. I would not have bought this model if I had known this.

jkarwow

Apr 24, 2011
Visit site

Uploading to the cloud is the easiest. Second choice is an OTG cable and thumb drive.

Posted via the Android Central App