02-16-2017 05:35 PM
257 ... 91011
tools
    I've had this same old problem. I just took my phone in to sprint. They worked on it for over an hour. They deactivated my phone, reactivated it. Wiped the Bluetooth off my phone, put it back. They then went inside the phone, replaced a part that's for connectivity. My main Bluetooth still won't stay connected, but stays connected to a different phone. My back up Bluetooth hasn't been dropped yet by my phone. This is my 4th device since January of this year. I'm so not happy!

Posted via the Android Central App
    08-22-2016 09:45 PM
    I had this problem with my Galaxy Note 5. My solution may be relevant to some of you. If I used Bluetooth with wifi, the wifi would disconnect within a very short time. I was using a router at 2.5 GHz that could run 2.5 or 5 GHz, but not at the same time. I tried 5 GHz and the connection was maintained with bluetooth on indefinitely. It appears that the 2.5 GHz wifi interferes with the 2.5 GHz Bluetooth. I have some devices that do not have 5 GHz capability so could not leave it on 5. I bought a new router that could run on both 2.5 and 5 simultaneously. I also installed the WiFi Manager App. With this I can see what is going on with all the wifi signals in my area. I can see that within a short time after I turn on bluetooth, the 2.5 GHz signals drop out and cannot be seen at all. Occasionally the 2.5 GHz signal reappears, only to disappear a short time later. It is like the phone is jamming them. But other Android devices at my side can still see and use the 2.5 signal with no problem. And my Note 5 can now always see and use the 5 GHz wifi. So the solution, at least for me, is to use only 5 GHz. The Note 5 has some defect with this. BTW, the WiFi Manager App has necessary settings to ensure you do not change over to your 2.5 GHz signal if the 5 GHz signal drops in strength, which it will likely do since it has a little less ability to penetrate multiple walls in your house. I highly recommend this app.
    10-02-2016 07:46 PM
    First clear the system cache

Turn off the Samsung Note 5
    Press and hold the Volume Up, Power and Home buttons at the same time until the Androidlogo shows up and the phone vibrates
    Then let go of the Power button and continue to hold the other buttons
    Use the volume buttons to scroll down to highlight Wipe Cache Partition
    Press the Power button
    Scroll down to Yes and press the Power button
    Scroll to Reboot System Now and press Power
    Your Note 5 will reboot with a cleared system cache

Then start in SAFE MODE

Turn “OFF” the Samsung Note
    Press and hold the Power/Lock button at the same time until you see the “Note 5″ logo
    When the logo shows up, immediately hold the Volume Down button, while releasing the Power button
    Keep holding the Volume Down until your phone finishes rebooting
    If it was loaded successful, a “Safe Mode” will show on the bottom left corner of the screen
    Let go of the Volume Down button
    To exit “Safe Mode” press the Power/Lock key and then touch Restart

Then locate the Bluetooth app

Swipe down from the top, then click the settings gear wheel in the upper right corner.
    Go down to device and then click applications.
    Click the applications manager on the very top.
    Swipe right to the tab on top that says "all".
    Scroll down looking for the bluetooth app with a little blue bluetooth symbol next to it.
    Click it and then click "force stop", "clear data" and then "clear cache".

Back all the way out and then exit “Safe Mode” press the Power/Lock key and then touch Restart.

Again, I don't know if this will help but give it a try. It can't hurt.
    I have been having Bluetooth connectivity issues as well. BT wouldn't stay connected to my LG Tones Platinums if the phone was in my back pocket, sometimes wouldn't stay connected if I was holding right in front of me! I'm a Project Manager for a construction company, I need my "hands-free" to be hands-free!

The other thing I changed was my Mobile Network Settings. I'm on Verizon and my Note 5 was set to "Global." I changed my network setting to LTE / CDMA, after going through XFalconX's "fix."

So far so good - I'll let everyone know!
    01-13-2017 09:30 AM
    whats good all? Today my Gear S n beats wireless keep dropping Bluetooth connection. When playing music it works if I hold the phone but if it goes in my pocket it keeps skipping and cuts out. I've done the following:
    Stop all Bluetooth services and clear its cache
    Rebooted phone
    Deleted the pairings and re added them
    Cleared device cache at boot up
    Still no dice. Anyone else have this issue? I'm on TMobile if it matters
    Yes, about to receive 3rd replacement device. Use headset all the time. Mouthpiece has gone out on all. Anyone else???
    02-01-2017 10:57 PM
    I have been having Bluetooth connectivity issues as well. BT wouldn't stay connected to my LG Tones Platinums if the phone was in my back pocket, sometimes wouldn't stay connected if I was holding right in front of me! I'm a Project Manager for a construction company, I need my "hands-free" to be hands-free!

The other thing I changed was my Mobile Network Settings. I'm on Verizon and my Note 5 was set to "Global." I changed my network setting to LTE / CDMA, after going through XFalconX's "fix."

So far so good - I'll let everyone know!
    I had the same issues with this those LG headphones. I followed the instructions above but that didn't work. So I hard reset the device and, at least for a day now, I have no problems. Hopefully this is helpful to somebody. I'll keep u updated.
    02-15-2017 08:38 AM
    I had the same issues with this those LG headphones. I followed the instructions above but that didn't work. So I hard reset the device and, at least for a day now, I have no problems. Hopefully this is helpful to somebody. I'll keep u updated.
    I found that having the lg headphones and the lg app downloaded presented my problem. Got rid of the app, and no more disconnects of the phone from the headphones. It was still doing it after Sprint worked on it.
    02-16-2017 12:37 AM
    I found that having the lg headphones and the lg app downloaded presented my problem. Got rid of the app, and no more disconnects of the phone from the headphones. It was still doing it after Sprint worked on it.
    I haven't had problems since the hard reset. But if I do I'll keep this in mind. Thanks.
    02-16-2017 05:35 PM
257 ... 91011