02-16-2017 05:35 PM
257 1234 ...
tools
    Hey guys I think it is bad hardware. I had the misfortune of my phone slipping out of my hand and fell 18 inches unto concrete. Needless to say the screen broke. I got my replacement and connected everything and it works 100 times better. Gear S, Blueant headset all work fine now. I will hook up my wireless beats and see how that works. So I would recommend going back and demanding a replacement device.
    09-22-2015 06:26 PM
    Hey guys I think it is bad hardware. I had the misfortune of my phone slipping out of my hand and fell 18 inches unto concrete. Needless to say the screen broke. I got my replacement and connected everything and it works 100 times better. Gear S, Blueant headset all work fine now. I will hook up my wireless beats and see how that works. So I would recommend going back and demanding a replacement device.
    Hooked up my wireless beats this weekend and used it for about 3 hours for music and calls no problems whatsoever.
    09-27-2015 09:01 PM
    Hey Folks, new here but experiencing this issue. Is there a concensus that this is a software issue or a hardware issue? If hardware I want to exchange since I am in within my 14 days. Plus I have to have them order it since it is a 64bg unit.
    09-28-2015 09:42 AM
    I was able to convince AT&T to do a warranty replacement on my phone and all is working correctly now. However, I didn't have Bluetooth issues until about the third week after initially buying the phone in the first place.

Posted via the Android Central App
    09-30-2015 07:52 AM
    I haven't had problems with mine. My Gear 2 Neo stays connected unless I'm out of range or doing an update for my Note 5. I got my Note 5 on launch day. T-Mobile. Black sapphire. 64GB.
    09-30-2015 09:21 AM
    I'm also having the same problem with the LG tone pro and the LG tone infinim. This is ridiculous. Any solutions yet

09-30-2015 10:49 PM
    My problems started yesterday. It's happening with my Jaybird X2's and LG tone infinim. Music skips and headsets disconnect constantly. I've tried clearing Bluetooth data, unpairing and re-pairing but still the same problem.
    10-01-2015 09:31 AM
    Mine just started this connecting and disconnecting yesterday. I'm wondering if the latest Verizon Update caused this. It was fine until then.

10-02-2015 05:18 AM
    Mine just started this connecting and disconnecting yesterday. I'm wondering if the latest Verizon Update caused this. It was fine until then.

I'm on T-Mobile so this must be widespread

10-02-2015 10:24 AM
    I have had the Note 5 on T-Mobile since launch. This problem just started happening this week. Maybe after the latest update, but I can't be sure.

Android Wear devices constantly show disconnected. Bluetooth headphones disconnect and have poor connection.

Again, bluetooth was fine for the first few weeks, then all the sudden, broken.
    10-02-2015 11:37 AM
    I just got my moto 360 v2 today and it won't stay connected. As soon as I put my phone in my pocket it disconnects 😠
    10-02-2015 08:35 PM
    Same problem here. I'm on T Mobile. It is not a hardware issue. I got my Note 5 and everything worked fine. A few weeks later I had a software update, after the last update all but killed my Note 3 I was hesitant but I did it anyway. Sure enough as soon as my Note 5 updated and reset my Gear S started to disconnect and reconnect, over and over. My phone was on a table with my Gear S touching it and it would still disconnect and reconnect. I turned the phone off and turned it back on, I turned the Gear off and back on, I turned the bluetooth off and back on, I unpaired and repaired, I factory reset the Gear and repaired, I factory reset the phone and nothing worked. I thought maybe it was just the Gear so when I got home I connected my bluetooth head phones and noticed if I held my phone at waist level or above the connection was fine, if it was below my waist it would cut out and disconnect. I work for Best Buy so I went in and had the Samsung rep make sure the Note 5 and Gear was update and still the problem continued. Just to be sure it wasn't my body causing the problem I connected my phone to one of our demo bluetooth speakers at the store and if I held the phone level or above the speaker on the shelf it was fine but below the speaker it broke up and disconnected. The Samsung rep was baffled, as was I. So I called Samsung and they had my reset everything again just to be sure. After nothing helped they had me send my phone in for repair, specifically for the bluetooth. Two weeks went by and today my "fixed" phone was dropped off by UPS. I opened it and the first thing I did was connect my bluetooth head phones and cross my fingers. I instantly realized the problem was not fixed. So now I have a $800 phone that doesn't do what it should and a $300 watch that is useless. What really makes me angry is that I planned on buying the Gear S2 in the next couple of weeks but I'm not going to buy a smart watch I can't use. I hate to say it because I have defended Samsung so many times but this is the type of stuff that makes people go to the IPhone.
    10-05-2015 11:55 AM
    *UPDATE* Problem seems to be solved. I told the Samsung rep that the problem was still happening. He shut the phone down, started it in safe mode, force stopped the bluetooth app, cleared the phones cache, cleared the bluetooth apps cache and rebooted the phone. To my surprise the bluetooth connection is fine now. It connects and works fine with bluetooth speakers and headphones that it was disconnecting from just moments ago. It doesn't matter if it's above, below, in my pocket, locked or unlocked. IT WORKS! I'm not sure if this will help everyone or anyone but it is worth a try. Good luck
    TBolt, debdroid1a and hatem ali1 like this.
    10-05-2015 12:31 PM
    Same problem here. I'm on T Mobile. It is not a hardware issue. I got my Note 5 and everything worked fine. A few weeks later I had a software update, after the last update all but killed my Note 3 I was hesitant but I did it anyway. Sure enough as soon as my Note 5 updated and reset my Gear S started to disconnect and reconnect, over and over. My phone was on a table with my Gear S touching it and it would still disconnect and reconnect. I turned the phone off and turned it back on, I turned the Gear off and back on, I turned the bluetooth off and back on, I unpaired and repaired, I factory reset the Gear and repaired, I factory reset the phone and nothing worked. I thought maybe it was just the Gear so when I got home I connected my bluetooth head phones and noticed if I held my phone at waist level or above the connection was fine, if it was below my waist it would cut out and disconnect. I work for Best Buy so I went in and had the Samsung rep make sure the Note 5 and Gear was update and still the problem continued. Just to be sure it wasn't my body causing the problem I connected my phone to one of our demo bluetooth speakers at the store and if I held the phone level or above the speaker on the shelf it was fine but below the speaker it broke up and disconnected. The Samsung rep was baffled, as was I. So I called Samsung and they had my reset everything again just to be sure. After nothing helped they had me send my phone in for repair, specifically for the bluetooth. Two weeks went by and today my "fixed" phone was dropped off by UPS. I opened it and the first thing I did was connect my bluetooth head phones and cross my fingers. I instantly realized the problem was not fixed. So now I have a $800 phone that doesn't do what it should and a $300 watch that is useless. What really makes me angry is that I planned on buying the Gear S2 in the next couple of weeks but I'm not going to buy a smart watch I can't use. I hate to say it because I have defended Samsung so many times but this is the type of stuff that makes people go to the IPhone.
    I'm so frustrated with this. I actually contacted lg and had a replacement sent AFTER I went and bought the new lg Bluetooth. Now I have 3 and none of them are working but my son is able to use them on the note 4 perfectly.

10-05-2015 12:31 PM
    *UPDATE* Problem seems to be solved. I told the Samsung rep that the problem was still happening. He shut the phone down, started it in safe mode, force stopped the bluetooth app, cleared the phones cache, cleared the bluetooth apps cache and rebooted the phone. To my surprise the bluetooth connection is fine now. It connects and works fine with bluetooth speakers and headphones that it was disconnecting from just moments ago. It doesn't matter if it's above, below, in my pocket, locked or unlocked. IT WORKS! I'm not sure if this will help everyone or anyone but it is worth a try. Good luck
    So, any instructions on how to do this? How do you start the phone in safe mode for starters?
    10-05-2015 02:21 PM
    So, any instructions on how to do this? How do you start the phone in safe mode for starters?
    Great question.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    10-05-2015 03:11 PM
    First clear the system cache

Turn off the Samsung Note 5
    Press and hold the Volume Up, Power and Home buttons at the same time until the Androidlogo shows up and the phone vibrates
    Then let go of the Power button and continue to hold the other buttons
    Use the volume buttons to scroll down to highlight Wipe Cache Partition
    Press the Power button
    Scroll down to Yes and press the Power button
    Scroll to Reboot System Now and press Power
    Your Note 5 will reboot with a cleared system cache

Then start in SAFE MODE

Turn “OFF” the Samsung Note
    Press and hold the Power/Lock button at the same time until you see the “Note 5″ logo
    When the logo shows up, immediately hold the Volume Down button, while releasing the Power button
    Keep holding the Volume Down until your phone finishes rebooting
    If it was loaded successful, a “Safe Mode” will show on the bottom left corner of the screen
    Let go of the Volume Down button
    To exit “Safe Mode” press the Power/Lock key and then touch Restart

Then locate the Bluetooth app

Swipe down from the top, then click the settings gear wheel in the upper right corner.
    Go down to device and then click applications.
    Click the applications manager on the very top.
    Swipe right to the tab on top that says "all".
    Scroll down looking for the bluetooth app with a little blue bluetooth symbol next to it.
    Click it and then click "force stop", "clear data" and then "clear cache".

Back all the way out and then exit “Safe Mode” press the Power/Lock key and then touch Restart.

Again, I don't know if this will help but give it a try. It can't hurt.
    10-05-2015 03:54 PM

Press and hold the Volume Up, Power and Home buttons at the same time until the Androidlogo shows up and the phone vibrates
    Press the Power button

Then start in SAFE MODE

Press and hold the Power/Lock button at the same time until you see the “Note 5″ logo
    When the logo shows up, immediately hold the Volume Down button, while releasing the Power button
    If it was loaded successful, a “Safe Mode” will show on the bottom left corner of the screen

Swipe down from the top, then click the settings gear wheel in the upper right corner.
    Scroll down looking for the bluetooth app with a little blue bluetooth symbol next to it.

Back all the way out and then exit “Safe Mode” press the Power/Lock key and then touch Restart.

Thank you, I will try it when I get home. I hope this works

10-05-2015 04:24 PM
    Hey guys,

I came across this thread as i was searching to see if the Note 5 has any issues (just got a Nexus 6 but trying to make sure i made the right choice). Anyway, i was having a similar problem on my Nexus and fixed it, so wanted to to see if it might help you guys. Maybe you've already done this, but go to your paired connection, click on the settings for that device, and uncheck the two options-- if i remember correctly, one says "use this connection for sharing contacts," and i don't remember the second one. Anyhow, after i unchecked both, my Bluetooth started working just fine.
    edglock21 and hatem ali1 like this.
    10-05-2015 06:06 PM

Press the Power button

Then start in SAFE MODE

This didn't work for me, but thanks for the help. At least now I know about Safe Mode. I had no idea that this existed in Android.
    10-06-2015 04:17 PM
    Hey guys,

I came across this thread as i was searching to see if the Note 5 has any issues (just got a Nexus 6 but trying to make sure i made the right choice). Anyway, i was having a similar problem on my Nexus and fixed it, so wanted to to see if it might help you guys. Maybe you've already done this, but go to your paired connection, click on the settings for that device, and uncheck the two options-- if i remember correctly, one says "use this connection for sharing contacts," and i don't remember the second one. Anyhow, after i unchecked both, my Bluetooth started working just fine.
    Unfortunately the note 5 doesn't have those options in the bluetooth pairing. The only options available are "Rename" and "Unpair".
    10-06-2015 04:19 PM
    Unfortunately the note 5 doesn't have those options in the bluetooth pairing. The only options available are "Rename" and "Unpair".
    If you go into your Settings, Bluetooth, under Paired Devices where it lists the device, is there not a settings gear icon next to it? That's where I went. Then it says, "use for" and has two options, "contact sharing" and "message access," and I unchecked both. I've had Notes for a few years so I know you have Touchwiz on there, but i would think there's still a way to get to these settings (?).
    10-06-2015 04:25 PM
    If you go into your Settings, Bluetooth, under Paired Devices where it lists the device, is there not a settings gear icon next to it? That's where I went. Then it says, "use for" and has two options, "contact sharing" and "message access," and I unchecked both. I've had Notes for a few years so I know you have Touchwiz on there, but i would think there's still a way to get to these settings (?).
    The available settings depend on what the paired device is.

Fitbit:

Car:
    10-06-2015 04:30 PM
    so in this case, does your phone work fine in your car for music?
    10-06-2015 04:34 PM
    Not showing for me

Note 5 Bluetooth issue-screenshot_2015-10-06-15-30-16-1.jpg
    Note 5 Bluetooth issue-screenshot_2015-10-06-15-30-24.jpg
    10-06-2015 04:36 PM
257 1234 ...