02-16-2017 05:35 PM
257 12345 ...
tools
    Me either but he has a fitbit on his, so his settings are different

Posted via the Android Central App
    10-06-2015 04:54 PM
    that sucks. i was hoping i could help you all... but that's all i got.
    10-06-2015 05:02 PM
    I have to say I haven't actually exerienced that. I drive an 18 wheeler. I have my note paired with my bluetooth headset, my gear 2, and my Kenworth stereo. I've left my phone in the truck all day, and have walked to the back of the trailer a few times, and I haven't lost connectivity once. Maybe I just got lucky.

Sent from my Galaxy Note V 64gb
    It doesn't happen to everyone and it seems to just happen randomly at any time. I have had my Note 5 since launch with my Tone Infinums, my Moto 360 and FitBit connected everyday. No issues. Now all of a sudden in the last week I'm having the same issues as described here.

10-09-2015 10:22 AM
    I contacted Samsung support about this issue. Of course, they wouldn't do anything until I tried a factory reset. They wouldn't even log a case for the issue so there is no record that I contacted them.

Needless to say, I finally got around to doing a factory reset and of course, it did not resolve the issue.
    10-14-2015 11:29 AM
    I contacted Samsung support about this issue. Of course, they wouldn't do anything until I tried a factory reset. They wouldn't even log a case for the issue so there is no record that I contacted them.

Needless to say, I finally got around to doing a factory reset and of course, it did not resolve the issue.
    Do you have the info to contact them?

10-14-2015 12:18 PM
    I am on my third week with a replacement phone and I have not had the bluthtooth issue reappear. I really think this is hardware related. AT&T did a warranty replacement for me, but they said that they normally wouldn't for a Bluetooth issue. You have to push them but they did the right thing and I am happy again

10-14-2015 12:30 PM
    I am on my third week with a replacement phone and I have not had the bluthtooth issue reappear. I really think this is hardware related. AT&T did a warranty replacement for me, but they said that they normally wouldn't for a Bluetooth issue. You have to push them but they did the right thing and I am happy again

I agree. It seems to be a hardware issue. I took my original phone back to best buy and they exchanged it. I took the OTA update (even though I thought that was the problem) and for 2 weeks I've not had any bluetooth issues. *knocks on wood*
    10-14-2015 03:36 PM
    I am on my second Note 5 from T-Mobile. The bluetooth was working fine until 2-3 weeks of use and I am not sure if the bluetooth problem started occurring after I added android wear. I couldn't get any bluetooth earphones, earbuds to hold a connection and the minute I moved the phone to my waist or behind my back or in my pocket I would lose the connection. Another interesting thing I found was I could get the bluetooth connection to drop by completely covering the back camera and sensors on the back of the phone. My original suspicion was that android wear had caused a permanent software issue with the phone. I followed the directions on here to clear the phone cache and bluetooth cache but did not help at all. I am still on the first few days with the new Note 5 from T-mobile but wondering if it's just a matter of time before this phone stops holding a bluetooth connection. With this many people experiencing the same issue on different carriers there must be a Samsung hardware or software problem. It's surprising that nobody has found the actual cause. I ended returning my smart watch and purchased a new set of bluetooth earbuds before replacing the phone. I hope we find the actual cause of this problem. Besides the bluetooth issue this is a fantastic phone.
    David
    hatem ali1 likes this.
    10-15-2015 02:48 AM
    I went to T-Mobile and explained what was going on. They were surprisingly cool about getting me a replacement. I guess it will be shipped to my house and should arrive by Tuesday. Fingers crossed this one doesn't have issues.
    10-16-2015 03:36 PM
    This note seriously sucks, first I get a replacement for battery issues then bluetooth breaks on new replacement.... Horrible phone problems... that being said I love the phone if these problems were not present. Hopefully the 3rd works right.
    10-16-2015 05:44 PM
    This will be my third replacement also. Hopefully no issues arise on this one. I'll see Monday.

10-17-2015 09:00 AM
    [edit]
    Are these bluetooth issues intermittent for anyone here?
    On one long drive, the bluetooth connection was scratchy, like a bad phone connection. Every time I've gotten back in the car since, no issues.

Trying to recreate the problem.
    [/edit]

My 14 day return window ends tomorrow. My Bluetooth stutters incessantly in my Chevy now. Bummer as I am driving a lot now. This was a good phone otherwise.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
    10-17-2015 12:16 PM
    I had this issue when I had the Note 2 last year (after an OTA update). I took it to the Samsung rep at Best Buy and he reflashed the phone. Issue fixed. I've had the Note 5 one week and same bluetooth range issue started yesterday. I will be visiting the same Best Buy store tomorrow and will post with results.
    Theresa Humphries likes this.
    10-18-2015 07:23 PM
    FWIW, I was having issues similar to this: dropouts at seemingly random intervals from a few per minute to several minutes in between, sometimes going as long as 10-15 minutes between. Occasionally it would seem to work well with no dropouts, and other times constant enough to make me stop listening. Dropouts were just like silent pauses lasting anywhere from a few seconds to a few minutes. Sometimes, it would get very "scratchy" and even a few times go into a strange "beeping" or "screeching" noise... kind of like feeding meaningless data into the audio stream. In the last case, it wouldn't stop and I had to reset/power-off the Bluetooth device to fix.

Seemed like a range issue, although none of my devices ever registered a disconnect, and the audio apps all continued to play as if Bluetooth was fine during the silence (most apps tend to pause after losing the BT device.) One thing I did notice was that when the connection was poor, I either had my moto 360 on the charging stand in another room (long/frequent dropouts), or I had it on but fairly far away from the phone (short/sparse dropouts.) When I had it on, and I was very close to the phone, the BT connection was pretty good (for a couple of hours in one case.) During one of the dropouts, I went into Android Wear and it showed "trying to connect."

In the end, I told my phone to "forget" my android wear watch (moto 360 original) and it's been perfect ever since--YMMV. Didn't uninstall anything or change any other settings (except Google Fit--which I uninstalled just before for another reason--although that didn't seem to have any effect on the BT issue.)
    hatem ali1 likes this.
    10-19-2015 09:18 AM
    for people that are getting replacements, how long have you all had your phones? i was thinking of doing this but i had mine since the day it came out. wonder if its too late
    10-19-2015 09:48 AM
    I got mine on launch day through T-Mobile. They are handling the warranty exchange and I'll be getting my replacement tomorrow I believe.
    10-19-2015 11:43 AM
    I just read another thread on android central where someone suggested disabling "Enhanced 4G LTE Services." Settings/Mobile Networks/Mobile Data/Enhanced 4G LTE Services/uncheck. It fixed my problem! Hope this helps.
    edglock21 and hatem ali1 like this.
    10-19-2015 04:44 PM
    for people that are getting replacements, how long have you all had your phones? i was thinking of doing this but i had mine since the day it came out. wonder if its too late
    Since the day it came out. Then I needed another replacement for the spen not working. Now I got one replaced yesterday because of the Bluetooth issue. It's working great now

10-20-2015 12:00 PM
    whats good all? Today my Gear S n beats wireless keep dropping Bluetooth connection. When playing music it works if I hold the phone but if it goes in my pocket it keeps skipping and cuts out. I've done the following:
    Stop all Bluetooth services and clear its cache
    Rebooted phone
    Deleted the pairings and re added them
    Cleared device cache at boot up
    Still no dice. Anyone else have this issue? I'm on TMobile if it matters
    I'm soo happy im not the only one having the same issue! Everytime I put my phone in my pocket or even hold it against my clothing it would cut off. Also, the range is short distance, it would cut off less than 5ft away. I literally have to hold it anywhere above chest area for my bluetooth headsets to work fine. I thought it was my beats that were having issues so I exchanged them not once but twice. So I finally tried pairing it on my mom's s5, which I should have done in the first place, and it worked perfectly fine. Contacted samsung support, did everything I was told. Cleared device cache, hard reset etc. It was a no go, so they finally sent me to best buy and had the Samsung reps help me there. They told me it WAS a Bluetooth issue and that the phone maybe defective. I'm gonna get it replaced through my phone insurance. But for now I'll have to deal with using the headphone jack.
    Chino32 likes this.
    10-20-2015 12:03 PM
    Hi. Did you have both a gear s watch and beats headphones paired to your note 5?
    I had the same problem after pairing both a smart watch and Bluetooth headphones.

David

10-21-2015 09:49 AM
    I'm starting to suspect that this is an issue when adding a gear s watch or Android wear watch to a note 5 while having bluetooth headphones paired. Has anyone had these Bluetooth issues with just bluetooth headphones paired and no SmartWatch?

10-21-2015 09:51 AM
    I agree. This definitely has something to do with the Watches. My story...

I bought my Note 5 on launch day. Was perfect. Then I bought the new Gear S2 watch about a month later. I had a lot of trouble pairing that watch at first. Eventually it did pair. But then immediately after, the Bluetooth range was history. Simply covering the note with my hand would cause the Bluetooth connections to disconnect. Then I also noticed the watch would hardly ever connect. At first I thought it was caused by the latest update that came from t-mobile. Because that update seemed really close to when I started having problems. But after seeing others with the watch commonality I think its has to do with the watch.

I factory reset, flushed the cache. Restored the phone using the "Smartswitch" application from Samsung. No change.

Eventually called t-mobile and got a cool guy to skip all the crap and send me a replacement phone. He did so. New phone works fine even with the three updates from t-mobile. I returned the S2 watch before getting the new phone so I never paired it to the new phone because I was so fed up. But I also decided I just don't want the watch anyway.

So my problem did not start until the pairing of the new S2 watch. Then BAM!!! No more Bluetooth.
    edglock21 likes this.
    10-21-2015 10:28 AM
    I have had the Note 5 since launch day. Had a Moto 360 and LG G Watch R paired with it since the day I got it. Everything was fine for several weeks and then (what seemed like after an update), bluetooth went to pot.

I've used these watches with so many phones without a single bluetooth issue. Nexus 4, Nexus 5, Nexus 6, Note 3, Note 4, Note 5, Galaxy S4 Zoom. Not a single bluetooth issue with any of those phones and they have all been paired with my watch(es).
    10-21-2015 10:40 AM
    I am very suspicious that something in these smartwatch software apps is creating a permanent Bluetooth problem in our new Samsung Note 5 phones. Is anyone having Bluetooth issues without ever pairing a smart watch? I think we should file a group complaint to Samsung. There are over 60 responses to this forum thread. Obviously there is a real problem with the note 5.
    10-21-2015 02:24 PM
    I am very suspicious that something in these smartwatch software apps is creating a permanent Bluetooth problem in our new Samsung Note 5 phones. Is anyone having Bluetooth issues without ever pairing a smart watch? I think we should file a group complaint to Samsung. There are over 60 responses to this forum thread. Obviously there is a real problem with the note 5.
    I don't own a smart watch and this is my 3rd phone replaceable

10-21-2015 04:25 PM
257 12345 ...