Thanks Theresa! Are you using Bluetooth ear phones only

Posted via the Android Central App
    10-21-2015 07:07 PM
    Thanks Theresa! Are you using Bluetooth ear phones only

Yes

10-21-2015 07:37 PM
    Crap! The problem is back! Bluetooth range dropped mid call. Checked that HD voice was still disabled, restarted phone but problem remains.
    10-21-2015 08:47 PM
    I turned off wifi on my phone and all js okay. Weird. I shouldn't have to do that.
    10-21-2015 09:21 PM
    I am on the second week with my second new Note 5 from Tmobile. First Note 5 I paired with samsung gear S2 and a huawei watch. I also used Jabra and jaybird earbuds when cycling. Lost most functionality with both sets of bluetooth earbuds yet huawei watch still held a connection via bluetooth. The minute I put the phone in my pocket or covered the rear camera and sensors with my hand the bluetooth earbuds would drop. Again, I am on the second week with the second new note 5 and just picked up a used samsung gear s which is linked while listening to podcasts with bluetooth jabra earbuds. So far no problems for a few hours. I loaded up a ton of apps on this phone and using the bluetooth while on wifi. So far no problems. I will report back in a few days.
    10-22-2015 02:51 AM
    I only use Bluetooth in my car and I haven't had any issues whatsoever. Always connects as soon as I start the car and never drops the connection or anything. It syncs my contacts and everything just fine as well. I don't use Smart Lock however. Maybe try turning that off?
    plumcrazy likes this.
    10-22-2015 03:49 AM
    I'm on my second note 5 and now I've had this problem come up again. My situation is that the bluetooth cuts out when in the car. I don't have any Android wear, and it had been working fine for almost two weeks. I got a message earlier today letting me know that bluetooth has stopped working, I reset the phone, but the problem remains.
    10-22-2015 01:10 PM
    I have the intermittent disconnect issue as well with a Note 5 and Gear S. It started several weeks into owning the phone, after a few updates, but not right after. Even RMA'd a Gear S thinking it was the problem because I somewhat reproduced the issue with a Tab 4. If you have a Samsung tablet that can install Gear Manager, please try it out. Leave it connected for at least a day and play with the watch a lot. That seems to trigger it.

Another strange thing I noticed is after giving up for a while or trying the new watch I got, it stayed connected nonstop for the first several hours before beginning the disconnect/reconnect cycle. Could the issue involve how long Bluetooth is enabled on the phone? Is it some sort of sleep setting or overheat protection?
    Matt Behnken likes this.
    10-24-2015 12:10 AM
    I have just finished the second week with my second brand new note 5 from T-Mobile due to bluetooth dropping issues. I have now loaded up a Samsung gear S watch, Lg Watch urbane, Jabra sports pulse bluetooth earbuds, Jaybird bluebuds X bluetooth earbuds and and automatic connection to my car navigation system all to the note 5. I am usually running 2 of the 4 devices at any given time. So far the bluetooth connection has not dropped. As soon as it starts dropping bluetooth connection I will call Samsung directly and let them troubleshoot this.
    David
    10-25-2015 03:40 PM
    Unfortunately, no change here. I followed all of the instructions, cleared the main cache then cleared the bluetooth cache in safe mode. The watch still disconnects from my phone within seconds of putting my phone into my pants pocket.

I tried a test yesterday to see if it was just the watch. I connected up to a bluetooth stereo. Then while it was playing music I turned my back on the stereo (putting my body in the path between the phone and the stereo which was not more than 5 feet away from me). As soon as I blocked the path the music stopped and restarted when I turned around.

It seems like it has to be a signal strength issue. The bluetooth signal just isn't strong enough to go through or around objects.
    edglock21 likes this.
    10-27-2015 11:55 AM
    Since the day it came out. Then I needed another replacement for the spen not working. Now I got one replaced yesterday because of the Bluetooth issue. It's working great now

thanks T, i'm gonna hit up T_Mobile and see what they can do for me
    10-27-2015 12:22 PM
    Hi. Did you have both a gear s watch and beats headphones paired to your note 5?
    I had the same problem after pairing both a smart watch and Bluetooth headphones.

David

i tried both paired, one at a time..didn't matter which way i did it
    10-27-2015 12:24 PM
    Goodness! My note 5 was working fine...until...(not sure which ones) I downloaded Samsung Link, Sidesync (on PC) stuff or few other apps. After that, the bluetooth range became just few feet (at most two feet). It was working FINE before.

SO I reset the note 5 to factory reset but it still has the same bluetooth problem. Mystery!!!
    edglock21 likes this.
    10-28-2015 01:06 PM
    That's why I haven't done the factory reset. Hate do have to re setup the phone if the issue still comes back. This sux. Phone is the sh!t outside of this though

10-28-2015 01:28 PM
    Sometimes my bluetooth drains the battery rather aggressively. Seems its always scanning. The issue came out of no where. Had the phone since launch and haven't paired anything new since. Cleared system cache. See if that works. But I always did get a good connection.
    10-28-2015 02:05 PM
    One interesting this is this: when I turn off wifi, the range improves to maybe 5 feet at most. It's still an improvement. Wow...I really regret switching from iphone 6. Another interesting fact is that the whole Samsunglink and Sidesync messed up my PC's bluetooth connection. It no longer recognizes some of the bluetooth speakers and it won't even connect! I'm using Surface pro 3 and windows 10. Wow...this is getting worse by the day.

Galaxy note 5 is a messed up phone IMHO.
    edglock21 likes this.
    10-28-2015 03:58 PM
    Yep, same here. The bluetooth range drops big time when I'm on my home wifi. Let me know if you find a fix.
    10-28-2015 04:14 PM
    OK..i'll try but this is really getting out of hand so I might just give up and switch back to an iphone. Man...this phone is costing me a lot of headache and money.
    10-28-2015 04:28 PM
    I had mine replaced under warranty because of the issue mentioned in this thread. I have been using the replacement since Sunday and the issue has been resolved.

My only concern is that this issue did not pop up until maybe about 1 month of usage. Seems like a hardware component fails after some period of time (I guess that is possible). So, who knows if the problem is going to come back in the future . . .
    10-28-2015 04:32 PM
    Me too. Mine worked fine for about 1 month maybe a month and a half. Then it started.

The replacement has been fine though. So far.
    10-28-2015 04:57 PM
    OK...a possibly good update: I uninstalled my ant+ app. I have a Garmin heart rate monitor and it seems to have dramatically improved the bluetooth connection. It's still a problem since the distance is about 5 feet before it garbles the signal.
    10-28-2015 05:56 PM
    I'd like to thank everyone participating in this thread, I'm trying to decide on a replacement for my Razr Maxx and the Note 5 was at the top of my list.

Unless/until this issue is resolved, I'll have continue my search...
    10-29-2015 07:46 AM
    the issue is a bit of a pain in the ***. some worse than others but the phone is top notch with everything else. i wouldn't let this keep you from getting the phone as not everyone has this issue. i would definitely keep it on your list though
    10-29-2015 07:48 AM
    Does the note 5 work well with gear 2?
    10-29-2015 09:57 AM
    Not the problem a lot of you are having, but I still wanted to throw this out there. I was having an issue with my phone having Bluetooth dropouts while paired with my car. Based on another Samsung phone and complaints I tried unpairing phone (delete the phone from the car as well). When I re-synced it I didn't allow it to sync the phone book or messages. Sure enough that worked great! I tried going back after the fact and downloading the phone book, and immediately the problem came back. Hopefully this helps some of you out!
    edglock21 likes this.
    10-29-2015 02:24 PM
257 ... 23456 ...