02-16-2017 05:35 PM
257 ... 45678 ...
tools
    Man...I got warranty service on my Note 5 today and it will take almost two weeks for them to fix the phone but they won't give me a replacement phone. It did not take long for them to admit that they had a hardware problem. NOW... I REALLY regret switching out of iphone. I used to go to Apple store with a problem phone and they would just give out a replacement phone! Premium service. Here is a huge difference between Samsung and Apple....Apple is a real premium company. You get what you paid for.

Samsung is a lousy company.

OK...two weeks without my phone.
    11-11-2015 03:42 PM
    Never mind. The problem came back. It did not work!
    11-11-2015 03:44 PM
    Yes, the Apple Store is nice, but all in all, I don't regret going to Android phones. I haven't heard back from them how long it will take to fix my phone and get it back. It should be getting to the repair center tomorrow.
    11-11-2015 03:49 PM
    Perhaps you didn't buy your phone from a carrier, but with T-Mobile I went into the store and they ordered me a replacement phone. When the new one came, I put the defective one in the box and shipped it back. So, I was never without a phone.
    Matt Behnken likes this.
    11-11-2015 03:53 PM
    Man...I got warranty service on my Note 5 today and it will take almost two weeks for them to fix the phone but they won't give me a replacement phone. It did not take long for them to admit that they had a hardware problem. NOW... I REALLY regret switching out of iphone. I used to go to Apple store with a problem phone and they would just give out a replacement phone! Premium service. Here is a huge difference between Samsung and Apple....Apple is a real premium company. You get what you paid for.

Samsung doesn't do replacement phones for carrier phones, never has.
    11-11-2015 04:19 PM
    When I first got my note 5 I paired 2 to 3 Bluetooth devices Motorola Bluetooth earpiece a Plantronics Bluetooth earpiece... And a beats speaker... After installing updates all three devices would not work more than a foot away from my phone... I definitely believe it has to do something with the software updates because the Bluetooth was working fine when I just bought it and now it doesn't. I just received my note 5 replacement phone yesterday... right out of the box all 3 Bluetooth devices worked perfectly... After the updates within hours all three Bluetooth devices went back to the same problem again they don't work more than a foot away very choppy sound... I hope Samsung fixes this quick because I'm tired of using my phone without bluetooth
    11-12-2015 07:00 PM
    My experience was the same. It was working fine for about 3-4 weeks before everything fell apart for the bluetooth connection AFTER installing few more apps like ANT+ heartrate stuff. However, once it gets messed up, there is no way to correct what appears to be a software issue. I think it actually becomes a hardware issue afterwards... I agree that they need to make sure this does not happen at the firmware level.
    11-13-2015 11:49 AM
    I don't know, I had the problem, got a replacement from T-Mobile, installed all updates, and it has been working fine ever since. I've been completely up to date for weeks.

It may be a hardware problem that surfaces after a software update (for certain devices). I would think that if it was purely software there would be a lot more people complaining.

That would mean you are extremely unlucky though to get 2 bad phones.
    11-13-2015 11:53 AM
    I was hoping to find a fix posted at the end of this thread but I guess I have to go to the T-Mobile store since I have the same exact problem. Happened about a week ago.
    11-14-2015 05:02 PM
    Samsung says they will have my phone repaired on 11/20. They got it 11/13. Mine had a broken back glass as well as the bluetooth problem. The BT was so weak, I had it in my shirt pocket to reach my headphones! It fell out and broke the rear glass. Samsung said this was my fault and they are charging me $70.31 for the repair. Damn!

Are all of the phones having problems T-mobile? If so, I wonder what is different about them?
    11-14-2015 05:58 PM
    I just signed up to say, I have the exact same problem. Worked fine for about a month after I got the phone, then boom, dropped connections, skipping audio, etc. For weeks I hoped a software update would fix it but it hasn't. Some people are suggesting that this is a smartwatch issue. I do have four smartwatches, but I tried three factory resets and had the issue every time before pairing any watches (or installing anything else) so I'm inclined to say it's caused by something else. Also, it's not just a T-Mobile issue as I have AT&T. I was really hoping it wouldn't come to this, but I'm going to try to exchange it at the AT&T store later today. I'll post my results later.

Also, I have a problem where my Wi-Fi cuts out. At first I thought it was a problem with the internet, but then I realized that it happens at home and work and all other devices work fine. I'm not sure if anyone else is experiencing this or if it's related to the Bluetooth issue at all. It also still happened after factory resets for me. This is my first time buying a Samsung phone, and it may very well be my last.

Update: AT&T is going to send me a replacement. I'll let you guys know how it goes. Seems that a replacement has been fixing the issue for most people.
    Chino32 likes this.
    11-16-2015 11:39 AM
    My N5 still under warranty with ATT so I got a new replacement a week ago. So far the Bluetooth issue is fixed for now even I have updated to the latest firmware.
    11-16-2015 05:20 PM
    I have been experiencing same issues with my N5.
    I called Tmobil the tech.said it has to be a hardware issue. He's replacing my phone. 5 bucks and I have the new one tomorrow. I will repost in a couple of days.
    11-17-2015 08:04 AM
    That must be nice. I had the same issue, Bluetooth devices seem to only work with line of sight. T-mobile is sending me a replacement, but they say it's back ordered and will take 12 days.
    11-17-2015 08:00 PM
    Yeah good luck with T-Mobile, I went through the same thing for the Bluetooth issue where they said I would get it the next day and its been over a week and I still don't have it. Now they say I'll get it today so we will see if that actually happens.
    11-18-2015 11:17 AM
    i'm going to jump on the 6S Plus..the bluetooth wonkiness is killing me. i can't use my wireless beats at the gym or my watch. let me know how some people waiting for their new phones works out. i still have a week and a half for my next Tmobile jump
    11-18-2015 11:21 AM
    Yeah good luck with T-Mobile, I went through the same thing for the Bluetooth issue where they said I would get it the next day and its been over a week and I still don't have it. Now they say I'll get it today so we will see if that actually happens.
    Yeah, t-mobile told me it was going to be shipped next day air. They ended up shipping it the next week with ground shipping. It came from East Coast ups which is a 5 business day zone from where I am at. Ended up being almost 2 weeks total and they charged me a $20 "processing fee".

The replacement has been working great though for several weeks. This phone is awesome when it is working right.
    Chino32 likes this.
    11-18-2015 11:44 AM
    AT&T just asking me to update a new software again today. My bluetooth has been working fine so far I don't know if I update to new software will ruin again. Has anyone try to update a new software yet?
    11-18-2015 12:55 PM
    Yeah, t-mobile told me it was going to be shipped next day air. They ended up shipping it the next week with ground shipping. It came from East Coast ups which is a 5 business day zone from where I am at. Ended up being almost 2 weeks total and they charged me a $20 "processing fee".

The replacement has been working great though for several weeks. This phone is awesome when it is working right.
    The other thing that bothers me is multiple times they said it was delayed due to waiting on Samsung to send out replacement phones when in the end I found out that they are just different T-Mobile exchange and refurbs that don't even come from Samsung.
    11-18-2015 01:59 PM
    I've got the same problem. I am trying to have it replaced. I have missed my first 15 days also. Great phone but can't use Bluetooth with my phone in my pocket. I actually had to hold it while cutting the grass, just to hear music. Sucks
    make sure music app isn't "optimizing" and phone power saving IS off

Posted via the Android Central App
    11-18-2015 03:35 PM
    I got my replace phone yesterday!!
    Same exactly piece of *%####!
    I am going to the store today.
    I connect my bluetooth to an Iphone no problem.
    I do the same to my galaxy 5 No problem the moment I connect it to N5 I cant even turn my head because I lost connection.
    I am done with it!!
    11-19-2015 07:09 AM
    welcome to the forum and i'm in the same boat..no reason we should have to get refurb'd phones for an issue we shouldn't even be dealing with..iPhone 6s Plus it is
    11-19-2015 07:12 AM
    I gave up and jumped to a 64GB Note 5 to avoid getting someone else's return in the warranty process. After all the updates it still has incredible range. As I move into it, I'll see if any specific app or setting triggers the problem again. This has been a frustrating mess.
    11-19-2015 09:38 AM

OK...Just got a UPS shipping notification that my phone was shipped from Samsung Repair center in TX. They replaced the board so let's see what happens to my bluetooth connection when it arrives here. Took exactly a week (shipped out Fri and should be received by Fri).

FYI...I think people should just RETURN the phone RIGHT AWAY if you have any bluetooth problem. The phone DOES have a bluetooth hardware problem. Don't waste your time. Again, mine worked well for more than a month before it started to get weird.
    11-19-2015 01:24 PM
    Well I just got my replacement phone today and so far its working well. I'm just worried about it happening again in another month. It will get pretty old always having to send it in for this problem. I might just have to get a V10 if it happens again.
    11-19-2015 02:03 PM
257 ... 45678 ...