02-16-2017 05:35 PM
257 ... 678910 ...
tools
    Good news.

I called t-mobile today and got tier 2 support. They know of htis problem and told me Samsung is working on a software update to address this issue.

Samsung has told t-mobile that it is a software issue

So I am going to hang onto this phone until they release this update.
    I am a born skeptic. Unless Samsung posts something in writing I always fear a hardware issue that they say is software to avoid repairing or replacing before warranty expires. If it is software why do so many people have normal bluetooth?
    11-30-2015 02:28 PM
    I agree, I wouldn't hold my breath on Samsung releasing a fix for this. If my phone starts having the problem again I am going to go to T-Mobile and get a replacement.
    11-30-2015 03:37 PM
    Yeah, I'm hopeful there will be a software fix, but not expecting one.
    11-30-2015 06:35 PM
    So today I stopped in t-mobile. I went ahead and used one of my 3 "jumps" to get another note 5 but upgraded to the 64Gig model in Gold. No Bluetooth. I had a Sapphire 32GB before. No Bluetooth problem out of the box with this phone. I will post again if this Bluetooth problem happens to this phone too though. Knocking on wood!
    12-01-2015 12:07 PM
    Trying to get an update on this.

I am using my phone at work to play music through a Bluetooth speaker. After the first couple days of owning the note 5, I started noticing that my music was skipping a lot and what appeared to be the song being sped up momentarily.

I looked at other threads and noticed on the note 4 thread people were complaining that it may have been a fingerprint sensor problem and the only way to fix it was by keeping the screen on all the time. I tried that but to no avail this did not solve my problem.

I have recently gone into my bluetooth options for my bluetooth speaker and disabled the call function on the speaker only allowing the media to be played. So far this has worked where there are no skips in my music and hopefully it solved the problem until Samsung comes out with an update.

I do not and never did have a SmartWatch to see if that was the root of my problems. But I guess I have three days left before my 14 day window comes up to see if this is a solution.

Posted via the Android Central App
    12-07-2015 04:25 PM
    Im also having this issue basically. it just started about 5 days ago. the bluetooth was working fine then the same day with nothing changing all of a sudden the range of my BT turns into about 2 ft. i have a otter box defender case and if the phone is on the belt clip on my hip it is to far away to hold a solid connection. so therefore it is like if i was 30 plus feet away from my phone before this problem started.
    it loses connection at 2 feet from my LG headset. i at first thought it was the headset because i have been using it about 18 months and figured it was finally giving up. but i tried a freinds Device and it is the same with his as well. also as well in my 2015 ford with sync.

this is obviously very annoyiong cause i use a BT headset daily for hours a day and the only way to keep it connected to the phone currently is to have it hanging on my shirt collar
    12-14-2015 06:53 PM
    I didn't have any issues when to got my phone including my Gear and head set, the blue tooth issues started to appear right after the latest update 5 weeks ago, So I'm waiting for the new marshmallow update.
    12-15-2015 03:16 AM
    I didn't have any issues when to got my phone including my Gear and head set, the blue tooth issues started to appear right after the latest update 5 weeks ago, So I'm waiting for the new marshmallow update.
    My bluetooth is still working well after nearly a month since Samsung replaced the main phone board. I have all the current updates. I don't think it is a software problem, but rather a rare hardware problem. I'd go for a replacement or repair right away.
    12-15-2015 02:51 PM
    My replacement Note 5 is now doing it again! Its exactly the same. It took about a month then BAM! It just started out of nowhere.
    Same here almost exactly. My original Note suddenly stopped holding a bluetooth connection unless the device was about a foot away in a best case scenario. I got a replacement that worked fine for about a month. Now the same issue has started again today. So frustrating
    12-18-2015 09:50 PM
    I bought a new Note 5 for the VR headset, works great! But it will not connect to my Voyager Legend headset.
    12-25-2015 03:53 PM
    I am having the same issue. Had a new phone sent to me it worked for a few days and again having the same problem.
    12-27-2015 12:44 PM
    I bought a new Note 5 for the VR headset, works great! But it will not connect to my Voyager Legend headset.
    Voyager Legend working fine on my Note 5
    12-27-2015 01:07 PM
    I got my Note 5 four weeks ago and the Bluetooth range suddenly reduced to about 12 inches (like other postings) a few days ago. This has to be a hardware issue and I am getting a replacement from AT&T (who were very helpful).

Nick
    12-29-2015 04:42 PM
    Does it improve if you shut off wifi?
    12-30-2015 12:52 PM
    Does it improve if you shut off wifi?
    When I had the issue, turning off WiFi didn't help.

12-30-2015 03:53 PM
    This is the last straw. I'm glad I didn't have the ready cash to buy a note 5. I'm sticking with my Note 3 until Note 6 comes out.
    12-30-2015 04:05 PM
    My note 5 is paired with 7 different bluetooth devices and I have no issues with any of them.
    12-30-2015 07:45 PM
    My note 5 is paired with 7 different bluetooth devices and I have no issues with any of them.
    How long have you had it? Do you have vzw version? Thanks
    12-30-2015 10:01 PM
    I am getting ready to ship my note 5 64 gig off to Samsung to be worked on. I swapped out to my backup note 5 and have no issues with the Bluetooth. I am debating if it's worth the time to send the other one in, is it going to fix anything.
    01-01-2016 05:05 PM
    I am getting ready to ship my note 5 64 gig off to Samsung to be worked on. I swapped out to my backup note 5 and have no issues with the Bluetooth. I am debating if it's worth the time to send the other one in, is it going to fix anything.
    I sent my (T-Mobile) Note 5 to Samsung for repair over a month ago. They replaced the main board and my bluetooth has been working fine ever since.

01-02-2016 11:48 AM
    I sent my (T-Mobile) Note 5 to Samsung for repair over a month ago. They replaced the main board and my bluetooth has been working fine ever since.

I did a factory reset this morning on my old note 5 and set it up WiFi only installed no apps, connected to the Bluetooth speaker. It's been playing all day now, 12 hours with zero drops.

So there is something that's causing the issue, the fun part is finding the issue. I do have a gear S, have not hooked that up yet. So is it a smart watch issue? That could explain why every once in awhile my watch would flash between blue screen and watch dial over and over till the battery died, or is it a app, to many things hooked to your Bluetooth.

But with it working now, what's Samsung going to do, they won't find a issue when they get it since its working now. Oh the fun.
    01-02-2016 04:44 PM
    I found that that happens to me if the note 5 is in my coat pocket. For those of you using a car Blue tooth. I have 2013 Subaru forester the only way to pair it and have connect every time is though the voice pairing. Press talk say setup, press talk again say phone setup etc. Manual pairing will only pair it till you turn off the car. Bright note it paired faster than my old iPhone 5c. All my blur tooth headphone work with it which did not with the iPhone.
    01-02-2016 09:06 PM
    I'm sending my phone for repair, can't use any of the Bluetooth headset or Bluetooth in the car, sucks that I have to send my phone and will be out got 7 to 15 days
    01-03-2016 07:58 PM
    When I put my hand on the top of my note 5, the Bluetooth starts disconnecting. Att is sending me a replacement via warranty.

01-03-2016 08:25 PM
    My Verizon note 5 works fine with my car and headphones. No issues.
    01-03-2016 10:16 PM
257 ... 678910 ...