Note 5 Bluetooth issue

TBolt

Oct 19, 2009
Visit site
So, any instructions on how to do this? How do you start the phone in safe mode for starters?

Great question.

*UPDATE* Problem seems to be solved. I told the Samsung rep that the problem was still happening. He shut the phone down, started it in safe mode, force stopped the bluetooth app, cleared the phones cache, cleared the bluetooth apps cache and rebooted the phone. To my surprise the bluetooth connection is fine now. It connects and works fine with bluetooth speakers and headphones that it was disconnecting from just moments ago. It doesn't matter if it's above, below, in my pocket, locked or unlocked. IT WORKS! I'm not sure if this will help everyone or anyone but it is worth a try. Good luck

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

XfalconX

Oct 5, 2015
Visit site
First clear the system cache

Turn off the Samsung Note 5
Press and hold the Volume Up, Power and Home buttons at the same time until the Androidlogo shows up and the phone vibrates
Then let go of the Power button and continue to hold the other buttons
Use the volume buttons to scroll down to highlight Wipe Cache Partition
Press the Power button
Scroll down to Yes and press the Power button
Scroll to Reboot System Now and press Power
Your Note 5 will reboot with a cleared system cache

Then start in SAFE MODE

Turn “OFF” the Samsung Note
Press and hold the Power/Lock button at the same time until you see the “Note 5″ logo
When the logo shows up, immediately hold the Volume Down button, while releasing the Power button
Keep holding the Volume Down until your phone finishes rebooting
If it was loaded successful, a “Safe Mode” will show on the bottom left corner of the screen
Let go of the Volume Down button
To exit “Safe Mode” press the Power/Lock key and then touch Restart

Then locate the Bluetooth app

Swipe down from the top, then click the settings gear wheel in the upper right corner.
Go down to device and then click applications.
Click the applications manager on the very top.
Swipe right to the tab on top that says "all".
Scroll down looking for the bluetooth app with a little blue bluetooth symbol next to it.
Click it and then click "force stop", "clear data" and then "clear cache".

Back all the way out and then exit “Safe Mode” press the Power/Lock key and then touch Restart.

Again, I don't know if this will help but give it a try. It can't hurt.

Theresa Humphries

Nov 6, 2014
Visit site

Press and hold the Volume Up, Power and Home buttons at the same time until the Androidlogo shows up and the phone vibrates
Press the Power button

Then start in SAFE MODE

Press and hold the Power/Lock button at the same time until you see the “Note 5″ logo
When the logo shows up, immediately hold the Volume Down button, while releasing the Power button
If it was loaded successful, a “Safe Mode” will show on the bottom left corner of the screen

Swipe down from the top, then click the settings gear wheel in the upper right corner.
Scroll down looking for the bluetooth app with a little blue bluetooth symbol next to it.

Back all the way out and then exit “Safe Mode” press the Power/Lock key and then touch Restart.

Thank you, I will try it when I get home. I hope this works

Posted via the Android Central App

boomba212

Oct 27, 2014
Visit site
Hey guys,

I came across this thread as i was searching to see if the Note 5 has any issues (just got a Nexus 6 but trying to make sure i made the right choice). Anyway, i was having a similar problem on my Nexus and fixed it, so wanted to to see if it might help you guys. Maybe you've already done this, but go to your paired connection, click on the settings for that device, and uncheck the two options-- if i remember correctly, one says "use this connection for sharing contacts," and i don't remember the second one. Anyhow, after i unchecked both, my Bluetooth started working just fine.

erocm123

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site

Press the Power button

Then start in SAFE MODE

This didn't work for me, but thanks for the help. At least now I know about Safe Mode. I had no idea that this existed in Android.

erocm123

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
Hey guys,

I came across this thread as i was searching to see if the Note 5 has any issues (just got a Nexus 6 but trying to make sure i made the right choice). Anyway, i was having a similar problem on my Nexus and fixed it, so wanted to to see if it might help you guys. Maybe you've already done this, but go to your paired connection, click on the settings for that device, and uncheck the two options-- if i remember correctly, one says "use this connection for sharing contacts," and i don't remember the second one. Anyhow, after i unchecked both, my Bluetooth started working just fine.

Unfortunately the note 5 doesn't have those options in the bluetooth pairing. The only options available are "Rename" and "Unpair".

boomba212

Oct 27, 2014
Visit site
Unfortunately the note 5 doesn't have those options in the bluetooth pairing. The only options available are "Rename" and "Unpair".

If you go into your Settings, Bluetooth, under Paired Devices where it lists the device, is there not a settings gear icon next to it? That's where I went. Then it says, "use for" and has two options, "contact sharing" and "message access," and I unchecked both. I've had Notes for a few years so I know you have Touchwiz on there, but i would think there's still a way to get to these settings (?).

Glock23-G4

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
If you go into your Settings, Bluetooth, under Paired Devices where it lists the device, is there not a settings gear icon next to it? That's where I went. Then it says, "use for" and has two options, "contact sharing" and "message access," and I unchecked both. I've had Notes for a few years so I know you have Touchwiz on there, but i would think there's still a way to get to these settings (?).
The available settings depend on what the paired device is.

Fitbit:
312cca4bd7a53fce78920f7b21500d9f.jpg

Car:
879a0eb5af574baaf93c119c815c9e60.jpg

erocm123

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site

Not showing for me

Screenshot_2015-10-06-15-30-16-1.jpg
Screenshot_2015-10-06-15-30-24.jpg

DaEXfactoR

Jun 2, 2010
Visit site
I have to say I haven't actually exerienced that. I drive an 18 wheeler. I have my note paired with my bluetooth headset, my gear 2, and my Kenworth stereo. I've left my phone in the truck all day, and have walked to the back of the trailer a few times, and I haven't lost connectivity once. Maybe I just got lucky.

Sent from my Galaxy Note V 64gb

It doesn't happen to everyone and it seems to just happen randomly at any time. I have had my Note 5 since launch with my Tone Infinums, my Moto 360 and FitBit connected everyday. No issues. Now all of a sudden in the last week I'm having the same issues as described here.

erocm123

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
I contacted Samsung support about this issue. Of course, they wouldn't do anything until I tried a factory reset. They wouldn't even log a case for the issue so there is no record that I contacted them.

Needless to say, I finally got around to doing a factory reset and of course, it did not resolve the issue.

Theresa Humphries

Nov 6, 2014
Visit site
I contacted Samsung support about this issue. Of course, they wouldn't do anything until I tried a factory reset. They wouldn't even log a case for the issue so there is no record that I contacted them.

Needless to say, I finally got around to doing a factory reset and of course, it did not resolve the issue.

Do you have the info to contact them?

Nov 3, 2010
Visit site
I am on my third week with a replacement phone and I have not had the bluthtooth issue reappear. I really think this is hardware related. AT&T did a warranty replacement for me, but they said that they normally wouldn't for a Bluetooth issue. You have to push them but they did the right thing and I am happy again :)

Maye

Nov 16, 2009
Visit site
I am on my third week with a replacement phone and I have not had the bluthtooth issue reappear. I really think this is hardware related. AT&T did a warranty replacement for me, but they said that they normally wouldn't for a Bluetooth issue. You have to push them but they did the right thing and I am happy again :)

I agree. It seems to be a hardware issue. I took my original phone back to best buy and they exchanged it. I took the OTA update (even though I thought that was the problem) and for 2 weeks I've not had any bluetooth issues. *knocks on wood*

mtbdaivd

Sep 9, 2014
Visit site
I am on my second Note 5 from T-Mobile. The bluetooth was working fine until 2-3 weeks of use and I am not sure if the bluetooth problem started occurring after I added android wear. I couldn't get any bluetooth earphones, earbuds to hold a connection and the minute I moved the phone to my waist or behind my back or in my pocket I would lose the connection. Another interesting thing I found was I could get the bluetooth connection to drop by completely covering the back camera and sensors on the back of the phone. My original suspicion was that android wear had caused a permanent software issue with the phone. I followed the directions on here to clear the phone cache and bluetooth cache but did not help at all. I am still on the first few days with the new Note 5 from T-mobile but wondering if it's just a matter of time before this phone stops holding a bluetooth connection. With this many people experiencing the same issue on different carriers there must be a Samsung hardware or software problem. It's surprising that nobody has found the actual cause. I ended returning my smart watch and purchased a new set of bluetooth earbuds before replacing the phone. I hope we find the actual cause of this problem. Besides the bluetooth issue this is a fantastic phone.
David

erocm123

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
I went to T-Mobile and explained what was going on. They were surprisingly cool about getting me a replacement. I guess it will be shipped to my house and should arrive by Tuesday. Fingers crossed this one doesn't have issues.

Daniel Caballero

Sep 14, 2015
Visit site
This note seriously sucks, first I get a replacement for battery issues then bluetooth breaks on new replacement.... Horrible phone problems... that being said I love the phone if these problems were not present. Hopefully the 3rd works right.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ParkerAdams