Note 5 Bluetooth issue

thaidamen

Jan 5, 2016
Visit site
Hi all,

I came across this thread because i was having bluetooth issues suddenly with my gear and note 5, it will auto disconnect and reconnect all the time.
after reading all the posts in this thread, i tried the following to see if it is the cause and if it can be fixed,

1- check wireless charging ( stop using it ) - didn't solve the issue
2- remove my silcon case and use the phone naked - didn't solve the issue
3- clear bluetooth cache/data - didn't solve the issue
4- reset gear / reinstall gear app - didn't solve the issue

what did solve my bluetooth issue is this....
i figure it was because i change the sim card without turning the phone off 1st
so ..
Off the phone...
remove my sim card and re-insert it...
On the phone...

and the bluetooth issues seems to be gone .

You might want to try it

Reinallt

Nov 3, 2015
Visit site
Hi all,

I came across this thread because i was having bluetooth issues suddenly with my gear and note 5, it will auto disconnect and reconnect all the time.
after reading all the posts in this thread, i tried the following to see if it is the cause and if it can be fixed,

1- check wireless charging ( stop using it ) - didn't solve the issue
2- remove my silcon case and use the phone naked - didn't solve the issue
3- clear bluetooth cache/data - didn't solve the issue
4- reset gear / reinstall gear app - didn't solve the issue

what did solve my bluetooth issue is this....
i figure it was because i change the sim card without turning the phone off 1st
so ..
Off the phone...
remove my sim card and re-insert it...
On the phone...

and the bluetooth issues seems to be gone .

You might want to try it

Same, I'll just wait for the marshmallow update. I wish that fixes the issue.

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
Well I just put my gear 2 back on to see if the problem comes back. I have not sent my phone in to Samsung yet, I have my doubts it is a hardware issue when a factory reset fixed the issue.

zipro

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site
Wouldn't hold my breath: Marshmallow has bluetooth issues as well. I have an EDGE+ and a Nexus 6P, neither of which work well with my VW bluetooth radio. I can connect, it'll play music, but it won't show the titles (well, it'll show the first, but then stop working) and will sporadically disconnect.

razorspine

Jan 10, 2016
Visit site
I was having the same issues after about two months of having the note 5. Got in car one day and it would not connect. I have Uconnect for car, Jay x2 head phones and S2 watch. Seemed to happen after I got the watch before xmas. BUT. I could not get the car to connect at all. So went into work and did all the thing you all tried, and the only thing that worked was banging the phone on the table. Watch connected instantly, then the car without issue and then the head phones when i got home. All worked for a few weeks until today. So here looking for another answer before I try smacking it again. Ill post back if this works again.

Interesting side note (no pun), my headphones had trouble connecting today then drop outs. until I went across the street to work on my kids car. Then worked flawlessly in 10 degree weather until i came back inside, in range of my router or my watch, maybe?

Mdgolf775

Jul 7, 2015
Visit site
I really believe this is a hardware issue. I can make any content via bluetooth stop playing by simply resting my finger along the bottom spine of the phone where the speaker, headphone jack etc are located. When I move my hand/finger away and hold on the side, media continues playing. I can duplicate it at will with BT headphones, speakers, car connection etc Has this been the experience others have had, and have any of the remedies shared been effective long term?

Jagadalic

Nov 23, 2015
Visit site
I had the same problem except my problem area was by the sim card. Any time I had my hand over that part of the phone, bluetooth would not work. I was given a replacement from att and have had no problems with it.

Posted via the Android Central App

Mdgolf775

Jul 7, 2015
Visit site
I had the same problem except my problem area was by the sim card. Any time I had my hand over that part of the phone, bluetooth would not work. I was given a replacement from att and have had no problems with it.

Posted via the Android Central App

Thanks. I was hoping to avoid that but don't think I'll be able to. Love this device, it's my only real issue....hopefully TMo will be cooperative

pmarky59

Jan 13, 2016
Visit site
smart watch issues with bluetooth.

My watch keeps shutting down and loosing bluetooth...i have a note 5 it seems to have started after i bought a gold wrap around case for it.my wife has had the similar problem with her galaxy 6 she also had a metal case around her phone she had a bluetooth issue in her car phone connetion loosing signal as of tonight we have removed the metal cases will check back if this resolves our issues.

Mark and lula.

amesghali

Jan 26, 2016
Visit site
I have the same problem. Started right after a mandatory update. I tried every fix reported. none worked.

will be doing a return to TM tomorrow.

Zanderos

Sep 12, 2015
Visit site
Having the same issue with my Bluetooth. I do have a smartwatch (Huawei Watch), it was fine for about a month but now the BT range is extremely poor. Currently have the phone across the table and it's not able to connect to my watch. Hopefully an update will come and fix this issue (if it's software related, which I'm hoping for, Samsung doesn't really do replacements here).

Dec 15, 2015
Visit site
I have had the same issues. After about a month or so the bluetooth was disconnecting periodically. My samsung headset, Gear S2 and also my car audio. Tried every other workaround known to man. Did factory reset several times (what a PITA). Finally called Verizon and they sent me a replacement phone. Very frustrating experience.

amesghali

Jan 26, 2016
Visit site
having the same issue with this new phone. Spent hours on the phone with tech support from TM and Samsung. They still can't solve this issue. I'm about to turn in this Note 5 and get another phone.

I think this problem may be more rampant that people have reported. The fact is that many people don't use their blue tooth. I'm sure if they did, Samsung would be swamped with returns.

F - Samsung! was a long-time Samsung user but now I'm done with them.

chi_love78

Mar 18, 2014
Visit site
whats good all? Today my Gear S n beats wireless keep dropping Bluetooth connection. When playing music it works if I hold the phone but if it goes in my pocket it keeps skipping and cuts out. I've done the following:
Stop all Bluetooth services and clear its cache
Rebooted phone
Deleted the pairings and re added them
Cleared device cache at boot up
Still no dice. Anyone else have this issue? I'm on TMobile if it matters

Also with Tmobile, having connection issues with Bluetooth on 2 different LG Bluetooth headsets and Braun Bluetooth speaker. Disconnect at will, trying to connect when a foot away. It's very bothersome. No problems on LG flex, Galaxy S4, and Galaxy Mega

Last edited:

zhudm66

Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
My problem has to do with Gear S2's Exercise & Music app working its Bluetooth connectivity to phone while Note5 has a Bluetooth connection to Bose Soundlink Mini & is playing music from Spotify. I first noticed that Gear S2 dropped it's BT connection to Note5 when Soundlink is connected. I was able to get Gear S2 to re-establish BT connection to phone. So now both watch and speakers are connected to phone. Now I am exercising in the gym and want to remotely control Spotify on the phone via Gear S2's Music app. NO LUCK - even after toggling music source to Phone (instead of GEAR) the Music app shows Music source as "Unknown app" and none of the controls such as Play, FF, Rewind or Volume would work... bummer (all these worked just fine in an iPhone + Apple Watch + Soundlink scenario). Also now I tried the above but this time without Soundlink connection to Phone, Gear S2 IS ABLE TO remotely control Spotify on the phone. So it looks like when Soundlink is connected, Note 5 doesn't seem to be able to do this and something is "blocked. Any help? Edit:- Honestly, I'm not sure where the problem is- Gear S2 or Note5's Bluetooth. Any inputs or advise (in similar setup and circumstances) appreciated.

Last edited:

Grog337

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
I've had mine a little over 2 months. I know it was working fine a few weeks ago. It still connects to my Sync system in my car, although I keep it about a foot away from the receiver. A few weeks ago I went to mess with my BB8 and the app wouldn't connect. Thought "no problem, I'll just reinstall". Didn't work. I also noticed that I couldn't locate my Tiles on my keys, except when they were sitting on my bedside table. The app couldn't find the Tile when it was in my pocket and the phone was all but directly over it. Experimented and found that both BB8 and the Tiles worked fine with my old Moto G. Found this thread and did the clearing of Bluetooth data, phone cache, etc.... no dice. Finally tried full reset....no dice.

After reading about the Samsung rep (or whatever they are) at Best Buy being helpful (and since I bought the phone there) I went in to see what they might recommend. I explained what seemed to be going on and hadn't yet said what steps I had already taken. Before I could even finish, the guy just said I could call the Samsung help/warranty service line that you could get in the stuff that came with the phone. Wouldn't even look at the phone to make sure I didn't just have BT turned off or something. I definitely call B.S. on the "When you’re looking for the next level of customer service, expertise, and support you need for any Samsung mobile device, think Best Buy." that they use to describe the Samsung Experience Shop. Don't try and advertise support and expertise if it's just knowing phone specs and how to activate the phone. Not pleased.

I then went to the AT&T store. At least there the guy listened and explained that they really were pretty much only sales and didn't have people there that could help with anything but the most basic tech issues and to call the 611 tech support.

I must say the AT&T tech person was very polite and helpful. Asked what the problem was and listened to what had I done already. Basically said I was making this call easy as I had already done everything they would ask me to do and they would get a warranty replacement sent out on Monday. (Hopefully that one won't have the same problem.)

Hendri Hendri

Feb 19, 2015
Visit site
I have trouble using bluetooth on my note 5 as well, first I didn't realise it. I use my bluetooth to connect to my bluetooth speaker. If i used it within around 1 meter, i have no issue, but when i moved to another room and seperate by door, it will disconnect. Tried to turn off the wifi, and no disconnect. How can I use streaming music to my bluetooth speaker if not using wifi as well -_-

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robbyworkman1995