Note 5 Bluetooth issue

princeasi

Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Wassup chiming in to add to the many post in here regarding the Bluetooth problem. Sadly i'm of those who was experiencing the sudden drop in range of the BT radio on my N5. I use a BT dongle to stream music to a stereo set. My Note 5 was purchased at launch. It worked fine up til approximately a week ago when i noticed the music would intermittently drop under conditions it used to operate normal under. Thru several troubleshooting procedures, I came to realize it's definitely a hardware issue. My phone was never rooted, no water damage, a couple minor drops not resulting in any dings, scratches, or cracks anywhere on the phone. I do charge my phone much on the wireless charger, and was successfully updated to the latest working firmware without any hiccups during the process. I've recieved my exchange phone from T-Mobile. It is updated to the latest firmware and can confirm that the BT radio on this N5 works as how my 1st phone worked before the drop in performance.

Lanae Williams

Nov 5, 2014
Visit site
Hi guys, I seem to be having the problem I am a bluetooth fanatic. I have to have a bluetooth headset so as soon as my bluetooth goes out i go and get another. I Had the lg tone infinim worked perfectly. Then one of the ear buds went out in those. (Due the pulling on the retractable ear buds I guess) Then I decided to try the samsung level U pros worked fine for a couple weeks then it just stopped connecting to the phone. So I figured those weren't any good. So next I got the lg tone pro immediately the connection was bad but I could still use it I just couldn't walk to far away from my device. So maybe about a week ago the connection got really bad I couldn't even put my phone in back pocket then it got to the point where I had to hold the phone to my face. I may as well just talked into the phone if I was going to have to hold it that close to my bluetooth. Yesterday 4/7/16 I couldn't take it anymore I went and bought another bluetooth (lg tone ultra) it started doing the exact same thing. I started thinking is LG really getting that bad. All my other LG tones worked perfectly never had a problem out of any of them. Then all of a sudden I thought to myself it has to be the PHONE. I paired the bluetooth to my son's note 4 and it worked FINE!!! So I immediately took the phone to Tmobile we cleared the cache and we did a hard reset. Still did not work. Now I'm just happy to say that my phone is still under warranty and it is on the way now!!! I'm just a little perturbed that I went through all of those bluetooth just to realize it was the phone the whole time😐😐😐. Hopefully I will not have a problem out of the replacement. I don't know what I will do. I guess upgrade to the s7 because I'm so not a APPLE 🍎fan.

Posted via the Android Central App

myrealtygal

Nov 18, 2013
Visit site
...but are they connected at the same time? My Note 5 is paired with Jabra and Genesis but unless I disconnect the Jabra, the 5 won't connect with the Genesis. My note 4 connected regardless of the Jabra. Seems the 5 has gone backwards....unless I'm doing something wrong.

jmy7213

Aug 18, 2012
Visit site
Could you let us know us know how your phone is holding up under marshmallow. Did the BT range issue come back?
Ive heard about the motherboard thing too. However, I had the same problem after one of the 5.1.1 updates. I finally got annoyed enough to bring it back. Before I did, Sprint pushed out the MM update. As soon as the update was done, my bluetooth went back to normal. Better than normal really. I get superior range now. It has been working like a charm since the update.

H3aTeRzz

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site
Having the same issues now!!!! Started about 2 weeks ago....just out of the blue. I'd like to blame it on the smaller update about a month ago, but the problem started a couple weeks or more after that. I wasn't going to update to MM right away...but might have to, in order to see if it will fix it. We shall see!

Brad Bilger

Dec 2, 2014
Visit site
Which is why I am waiting on the MM update. (AT&T). I've had bugs with my Bluetooth for several months now. It's either a motherboard or software. I've read posts that say both ways. I figure an update on the OS is easier and quicker than a motherboard.

Grog337

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
I've had the same issue and am on my 3rd Note 5 (AT&T did warranty replacement twice). It started happening after about 2 1/2 months on both phones. The rep this time mentioned that if it happens again I probably would want to go straight to Samsung (although they gave me absolutely no problems with making the replacement and said they would still do so if it fell within the warranty period of the original phone). I'm hoping this is anot issue that will be fixed with MM, but I'm not holding my breath. I guess on the plus side, I can factory reset my phone and get it back to the way I had it pretty quickly now.

jl1959

Jan 27, 2015
Visit site
I'm trying to use while gaming and can not get an answer.JABRA BT2046 works fine for calls.It would be nice to not have carry headphones too.

wdfrancis58

Oct 31, 2015
Visit site
I've had this same old problem. I just took my phone in to sprint. They worked on it for over an hour. They deactivated my phone, reactivated it. Wiped the Bluetooth off my phone, put it back. They then went inside the phone, replaced a part that's for connectivity. My main Bluetooth still won't stay connected, but stays connected to a different phone. My back up Bluetooth hasn't been dropped yet by my phone. This is my 4th device since January of this year. I'm so not happy!

shedridc

Sep 30, 2016
Visit site
I had this problem with my Galaxy Note 5. My solution may be relevant to some of you. If I used Bluetooth with wifi, the wifi would disconnect within a very short time. I was using a router at 2.5 GHz that could run 2.5 or 5 GHz, but not at the same time. I tried 5 GHz and the connection was maintained with bluetooth on indefinitely. It appears that the 2.5 GHz wifi interferes with the 2.5 GHz Bluetooth. I have some devices that do not have 5 GHz capability so could not leave it on 5. I bought a new router that could run on both 2.5 and 5 simultaneously. I also installed the WiFi Manager App. With this I can see what is going on with all the wifi signals in my area. I can see that within a short time after I turn on bluetooth, the 2.5 GHz signals drop out and cannot be seen at all. Occasionally the 2.5 GHz signal reappears, only to disappear a short time later. It is like the phone is jamming them. But other Android devices at my side can still see and use the 2.5 signal with no problem. And my Note 5 can now always see and use the 5 GHz wifi. So the solution, at least for me, is to use only 5 GHz. The Note 5 has some defect with this. BTW, the WiFi Manager App has necessary settings to ensure you do not change over to your 2.5 GHz signal if the 5 GHz signal drops in strength, which it will likely do since it has a little less ability to penetrate multiple walls in your house. I highly recommend this app.

JCinMidTN

Jan 13, 2017
Visit site
First clear the system cache

Turn off the Samsung Note 5
Press and hold the Volume Up, Power and Home buttons at the same time until the Androidlogo shows up and the phone vibrates
Then let go of the Power button and continue to hold the other buttons
Use the volume buttons to scroll down to highlight Wipe Cache Partition
Press the Power button
Scroll down to Yes and press the Power button
Scroll to Reboot System Now and press Power
Your Note 5 will reboot with a cleared system cache

Then start in SAFE MODE

Turn “OFF” the Samsung Note
Press and hold the Power/Lock button at the same time until you see the “Note 5″ logo
When the logo shows up, immediately hold the Volume Down button, while releasing the Power button
Keep holding the Volume Down until your phone finishes rebooting
If it was loaded successful, a “Safe Mode” will show on the bottom left corner of the screen
Let go of the Volume Down button
To exit “Safe Mode” press the Power/Lock key and then touch Restart

Then locate the Bluetooth app

Swipe down from the top, then click the settings gear wheel in the upper right corner.
Go down to device and then click applications.
Click the applications manager on the very top.
Swipe right to the tab on top that says "all".
Scroll down looking for the bluetooth app with a little blue bluetooth symbol next to it.
Click it and then click "force stop", "clear data" and then "clear cache".

Back all the way out and then exit “Safe Mode” press the Power/Lock key and then touch Restart.

Again, I don't know if this will help but give it a try. It can't hurt.

I have been having Bluetooth connectivity issues as well. BT wouldn't stay connected to my LG Tones Platinums if the phone was in my back pocket, sometimes wouldn't stay connected if I was holding right in front of me! I'm a Project Manager for a construction company, I need my "hands-free" to be hands-free!

The other thing I changed was my Mobile Network Settings. I'm on Verizon and my Note 5 was set to "Global." I changed my network setting to LTE / CDMA, after going through XFalconX's "fix."

So far so good - I'll let everyone know!

Last edited:

Whatseai

Feb 2, 2017
Visit site
whats good all? Today my Gear S n beats wireless keep dropping Bluetooth connection. When playing music it works if I hold the phone but if it goes in my pocket it keeps skipping and cuts out. I've done the following:
Stop all Bluetooth services and clear its cache
Rebooted phone
Deleted the pairings and re added them
Cleared device cache at boot up
Still no dice. Anyone else have this issue? I'm on TMobile if it matters

Yes, about to receive 3rd replacement device. Use headset all the time. Mouthpiece has gone out on all. Anyone else???

Byrese

Feb 4, 2016
Visit site
I have been having Bluetooth connectivity issues as well. BT wouldn't stay connected to my LG Tones Platinums if the phone was in my back pocket, sometimes wouldn't stay connected if I was holding right in front of me! I'm a Project Manager for a construction company, I need my "hands-free" to be hands-free!

The other thing I changed was my Mobile Network Settings. I'm on Verizon and my Note 5 was set to "Global." I changed my network setting to LTE / CDMA, after going through XFalconX's "fix."

So far so good - I'll let everyone know!

I had the same issues with this those LG headphones. I followed the instructions above but that didn't work. So I hard reset the device and, at least for a day now, I have no problems. Hopefully this is helpful to somebody. I'll keep u updated.

wdfrancis58

Oct 31, 2015
Visit site
I had the same issues with this those LG headphones. I followed the instructions above but that didn't work. So I hard reset the device and, at least for a day now, I have no problems. Hopefully this is helpful to somebody. I'll keep u updated.

I found that having the lg headphones and the lg app downloaded presented my problem. Got rid of the app, and no more disconnects of the phone from the headphones. It was still doing it after Sprint worked on it.

Byrese

Feb 4, 2016
Visit site
I found that having the lg headphones and the lg app downloaded presented my problem. Got rid of the app, and no more disconnects of the phone from the headphones. It was still doing it after Sprint worked on it.

I haven't had problems since the hard reset. But if I do I'll keep this in mind. Thanks.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12