02-16-2017 05:35 PM
257 123 ...
tools
    whats good all? Today my Gear S n beats wireless keep dropping Bluetooth connection. When playing music it works if I hold the phone but if it goes in my pocket it keeps skipping and cuts out. I've done the following:
    Stop all Bluetooth services and clear its cache
    Rebooted phone
    Deleted the pairings and re added them
    Cleared device cache at boot up
    Still no dice. Anyone else have this issue? I'm on TMobile if it matters
    vdrivn8o8 and hatem ali1 like this.
    08-21-2015 08:36 PM
    It is a bluetooth issue, but it's not just the Note 5's that will do it. The S6/S6 Edge would do the same thing, so I think it's more to do with a software issue than anything else. At first I thought it was a power amp issue until I noticed that even my Gear S will do it if I put my arm in a weird position while driving.
    Chino32 likes this.
    08-21-2015 08:49 PM
    Thanks Paul. Makes sense now good to know. I'll wait for an inevitable update to fix this. Loving this phone though!

Posted via the Android Central App
    08-21-2015 09:53 PM
    I have to say I haven't actually exerienced that. I drive an 18 wheeler. I have my note paired with my bluetooth headset, my gear 2, and my Kenworth stereo. I've left my phone in the truck all day, and have walked to the back of the trailer a few times, and I haven't lost connectivity once. Maybe I just got lucky.

Sent from my Galaxy Note V 64gb
    Chino32 and jimd1050 like this.
    08-21-2015 10:57 PM
    I cant even get my note 5 to connect to my tone infinims.

Sent using my gorgeous Korean Phone and its clicky stick...
    08-22-2015 12:04 PM

08-22-2015 05:31 PM

I had the same issue...try hitting scan on ur Bluetooth settings and shutting on an off ur Infinium every minute till it appears on ur list of devices
    Delirious D likes this.
    08-22-2015 05:37 PM
    I had the same issue...try hitting scan on ur Bluetooth settings and shutting on an off ur Infinium every minute till it appears on ur list of devices
    Haha that's exactly what i did and eventually they got paired..

08-22-2015 06:13 PM
    They removed the option to make your device invisible to other devices your are not paired with while Bluetooth is on
    94gixxerod likes this.
    08-22-2015 06:34 PM
    I have my Note 5 paired with 4 or 5 items, all with no issues.
    08-22-2015 06:49 PM
    whats good all? Today my Gear S n beats wireless keep dropping Bluetooth connection. When playing music it works if I hold the phone but if it goes in my pocket it keeps skipping and cuts out. I've done the following:
    Rebooted phone
    09-06-2015 11:15 PM
    I have the Note 5 and Gears S and I started having connection problems also, especially when the phone is in my cargo pocket (it constantly disconnects & reconnects) The Gear S worked great with the Note 4!
    I've also noticed that the Note 5 is very sluggish when trying to locate & pair with other Bluetooth Devices!
    09-06-2015 11:20 PM
    Stopped by a Best Buy Store today and spoke to a Samsung Rep about my Gears S not staying connected to my Note 5 (he watched it disconnect & reconnect several times) it was less than a foot away!
    I suggested we do a comparison with his Note 5, my wife's Note 5 and mine. He searched for new bluetooth devices on all 3 Note 5s.... 2 of the Note 5s found all of the Samsung TVs inside the store!
    It was a very long list of TVs!! My Note 5 only found 3 devices (the ones that were ONLY a few inches away)
    My Note 5 is definitely Deaf/Blind in Bluetooth Mode!! I'm getting it replaced tomorrow!
    TBolt likes this.
    09-07-2015 09:25 PM
    Stopped by a Best Buy Store today and spoke to a Samsung Rep about my Gears S not staying connected to my Note 5 (he watched it disconnect & reconnect several times) it was less than a foot away!
    I suggested we do a comparison with his Note 5, my wife's Note 5 and mine. He searched for new bluetooth devices on all 3 Note 5s.... 2 of the Note 5s found all of the Samsung TVs inside the store!
    It was a very long list of TVs!! My Note 5 only found 3 devices (the ones that were ONLY a few inches away)
    My Note 5 is definitely Deaf/Blind in Bluetooth Mode!! I'm getting it replaced tomorrow!
    09-08-2015 10:53 PM
    I tried this and the best buy guy said try hard reset. I did. No dice. I went back to change out and they said no returns cause it's day 16. Aargh. A holes pushed me off just long enough to screw me.
    09-08-2015 10:55 PM
    Thanks Paul. Makes sense now good to know. I'll wait for an inevitable update to fix this. Loving this phone though!

Just wanted to let you know, I was aable to pair to the Plantronics here in the truck. I got 50/50 results. Sometimes it would pick up the call, and hang onto it. Other times id have to manually connect to it. I did notice witg the plantronic headset, I had better luck keeping the call on BT, if I answered the call with the button on the headset for some reason. I don't think Plantronics is playing very nicely with the Note 5.

Sent from my:

Beautiful Note V
    64 GB
    Black Sapphire
    Paired with Samsung Gear 2 Neo
    Sprint PCS
    09-09-2015 11:54 AM
    Note 5 Experience for me
    Blue tooth when connected to the car won't stay connected when music is played

Gingle maps if used more than 15 minutes will make the phone almost iron a shirt

I have since gotten a new Note5 and am not able to use it yet on the road.

If the problem persists I shall keep you all posted.

Rebooted phone
    09-10-2015 09:24 PM
    I have the same problem. 1. Gear S connects and disconnects randomly, sometimes I have to switch note 5 Bluetooth on and off to connect.
    2. BlueAnt Q2 is practically worthless everybody I talk to can't understand me and I get weird crackling background.
    3. Beats Studio wireless connects fairly well but once I put the phone in my pocket the music starts "skipping"
    4. 2015 Dodge Durango connects and works flawlessly as a phone or as a music player. I even tested it with tunein worked with no problems on 30 minute drive home.
    I hope there is some kind of fix I hate putting a phone to my face I use Bluetooth exclusively for phone calls.
    09-10-2015 10:49 PM
    Yeah this bluetooth thing is driving me nuts!! Just got this damn phone because my note 4 broke...every time I manage to get my note 5 to connect to my car audio it will play music for 30 seconds and lose connection... and after 5 minutes it may reconnect but will do the same thing!! I've tried everything to try and get it to work from clearing all the phone cache to a factory reset!!! The small non removable battery and no micro SD was really a downer for me. But this is just a spit in the face.I figured there would have everything else running seamlessly by now especially something as basic as bluetooth conectivity..I'll be returning this overpriced p.o.s tomorrow
    09-14-2015 02:07 AM
    Before the Lollipop update was pushed to my Samsung Note 3 back in May, my bluetooth, which previously worked flawlessly when paired to my car, began disconnecting and completely shutting down my car bluetooth. After hours on the phone with Verizon, 3 trips to the dealership, multiple 3-way calls with Toyota, myself and, Verizon, and then a replacement Note 3 (which had exact same problem), Verizon indicated they were "confident" the Note 5 would not have these issues. Yay. So I received the device last Friday and Guess what? EXACT SAME PROBLEM...but the 5 is worse because the screen freezes like crazy rendering the thing practically unusable! I could not be more disappointed especially given the price point of the Note 5. Samsung should be ashamed to have not addressed this yet! I am returning the device tomorrow, and probably going to iPhone which I never thought I'd ever do. Ugh.

09-14-2015 05:29 PM
    Before the Lollipop update was pushed to my Samsung Note 3 back in May, my bluetooth, which previously worked flawlessly when paired to my car, began disconnecting and completely shutting down my car bluetooth. After hours on the phone with Verizon, 3 trips to the dealership, multiple 3-way calls with Toyota, myself and, Verizon, and then a replacement Note 3 (which had exact same problem), Verizon indicated they were "confident" the Note 5 would not have these issues. Yay. So I received the device last Friday and Guess what? EXACT SAME PROBLEM...but the 5 is worse because the screen freezes like crazy rendering the thing practically unusable! I could not be more disappointed especially given the price point of the Note 5. Samsung should be ashamed to have not addressed this yet! I am returning the device tomorrow, and probably going to iPhone which I never thought I'd ever do. Ugh.

This is bad news. I have had BT issues on my note 3 since it was new. Verizon promised a fix 2 years ago. I sure hope they can figure this out. It is ridiculous that I have a Bluetooth headset for motorcycling that can reach a 1/4 mile or more, but I can't connect my phone to my stereo 2 feet away. It's absurd considering the cost of these devices. I will be testing and returning phones to best buy until I get a good one. Apparently some work? It's just like my proximity sensor that was bad on my note 3. Verizon made me get a refurbished phone to fix it under warranty. Oh well here's to my new note 5 that will be here on Wed.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
    Saddison43 likes this.
    09-14-2015 06:29 PM
    this issue sucks and is the only issue i have with the 5, the skipping audio when i put the phone down or in my pocket. the gear s constantly drops bluetooth connection too. other than this the phone has been a beast..i hope there's some type of fix. i have to either bring a dummy iphone to the gym to use my wireless beats or use some crappy plug in ones with the note 5..weak man, they need to get this fixed. i've tried clearing the cache, delete the devices all that. don't want to do the factory reset since its not fixing it for anyone
    09-17-2015 09:40 AM
    I am having this issue too. Started about two weeks ago. Was fine for the first month or so. This is very irritating. Causes issue with headphones when phone is in pocket and constantly disconnects from Pebble watch. Is anyone having this problem before getting the 5.1.1 update?

09-20-2015 09:06 AM
    Has anyone traced this to a hardware issue? My phone's Bluetooth is almost unusable.

09-21-2015 06:52 PM
    I've got the same problem. I am trying to have it replaced. I have missed my first 15 days also. Great phone but can't use Bluetooth with my phone in my pocket. I actually had to hold it while cutting the grass, just to hear music. Sucks
    09-21-2015 07:37 PM
257 123 ...