Can I get some help with inconsistent ATT call quality?

yogidog98

Apr 7, 2011
Visit site
Need help with inconsistent ATT call quality

I just got a white 64GB Note 5 from AT&T today, switching carriers from Sprint. With 3 bars in my office, about half the time the calls sound fine, but the other half of the time the calls cut out every couple of seconds and I can only hear short snippets of sentences. I have the same problem in my home, also with 2-3 bars. It almost sounds like the phone is buffering the audio stream. If the connection starts good, it tends to stay good, and if it starts bad, it doesn't recover.

My standard test, which fails about 50% of the time, is to call my AT&T voicemail and listen to the prompts on speaker. I can sit in the same position with the phone in the same orientation and dial voicemail repeatedly. Sometimes the connection is fine and other times it "buffers". I'd say about 50/50. When I get a bad connection, it can't even recognize my voicemail pin.

Since I haven't used AT&T before, I'm not sure what to expect, but I have several coworkers within 20ft of me with AT&T phones who say they haven't experienced this type of issue in that location. I'm not sure whether I should just assume this is my new AT&T existence, or whether there could be an issue with the Note 5 or my particular phone and I should try to exchange it.

Has anyone else had a similar trouble with their Note 5 or have any advice?

jneusch

May 18, 2011
Visit site
Re: Need help with inconsistent ATT call quality

I would call AT&T and have them reprovision your phone. Sound like something didn't get set up right.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk