A note to samsung

Status
Not open for further replies.

Greg L Joplin

Sep 27, 2011
Visit site
A NOTE TO SAMSUNG.

Your recent launch of your two new phones,The Note 5 and the S6 Edge Plus did not give you the edge over Apple here are the reasons why.,
-no Micro Sd slot
-no external battery
Now I can live with these two choices as I realize that internal memory is much faster than external memory and the non-removable battery is not a big deal.
But,you did not stop there instead you decided that your going to push the S6 Edge Plus as your main flagship phone in two memory sizes 32/64gb and in the color black and make the Note 5 available in Black only and one size 32gb here in Canada. Last but not least some carriers did not received any phones at all and where in the dark as to when and If they would receive stock of the Note 5 in the 64gb size
I have always been under the impression that as a consumer that pays for the product I get a choice in this matter. Samsung does NOT decide what I want.

In the end have comes out on top as “THE PLUS WINNER”
They deliver across the world to multiple countries along with different models of phones in various memory sizes and colors on their launches.
In closing I have purchased the S2/3/4 and the Note 3 and 4 and was planning on buying the Note 5(64GB)

Until you can deliver phones in Canada like Apple does I will take my money elsewhere.

This is “THE NEW NOW.”

Yours truly.,
Greg Joplin

jordyd

Mar 19, 2014
Visit site
Despite the lack of features you've stated. Doesn't mean that Apple is automatically better.

Still no AMOLED, no 2K, no Pen, no customisable software, no Ultra Power saving etc... Better screen to body ratio on Sammys.

There's loads of things why I chosr a Sammy over iPhone.

miketko

Jun 30, 2012
Visit site
Same horrible experience as stated in a thread I created. Rogers stores who actually had extra stock above the reserved devices were not allowed to be sold unless you upgraded you plan. I'm an iPhone user wanting to try out the note but unable to get one in my hands.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

diego.roscetti

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
You guys are hilarious. The Note 5 is the best phone I have ever owned. Do you really think your opinion matters to anyone? Listen up to all the people that actually BOUGHT the new phones and they love them. Please go buy an IPHONE or some other phone and leave here. If you don't own a Note 5, you are still calling the world flat.

The OP is talking about the lack of choices for the Note 5 in Canada he is not talking about iPhone.

I am in the same boat and feel his frustration. I was going to upgrade to this phone but no 64 available anywhere. Not going to settle for a 32 even if it is the best Android out there currently.

Posted via the Android Central App

ray sital

Feb 23, 2014
Visit site
Despite the lack of features you've stated. Doesn't mean that Apple is automatically better.

Still no AMOLED, no 2K, no Pen, no customisable software, no Ultra Power saving etc... Better screen to body ratio on Sammys.

Those things are all subjective.

They also don't make Samsung better.

mi7chy

Nov 7, 2011
Visit site
iPhone is a mass produced low end and low quality device with more color options because it's sprayed on instead of using quality materials and finish. Furthermore, it doesn't have SAMOLED, no 14nm SoC and ~40% slower performance, 1GB DRAM instead of 4GB, made from mass produced bendable aluminum instead of aircraft grade, no precision pen, no fast charging, no fast wireless charging, no multiwindow support, no background multitasking beyond 3 minutes, a lesser camera, etc. Feel free to buy an iPhone to free up a spot in line for others that are still waiting.

manni1to

May 13, 2013
Visit site
I always switch from the iPhone to Samsung and back and forth. I think Sammy might be keeping me this time unless the new iPhone blows me away when it's released.

The iPhone 6 plus is much more buggy and laggy than the note 5

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Mod Note - Some posts have been cleaned. If you do not care for the thread please move on. Trolling / Insulting other members due to a difference of opinion will not be tolerated. Please review the rules in my signature.

Thanks.

nokia4life

May 6, 2012
Visit site
You can always buy the note 5 unlocked that's what I did got the gold platinum 32gb 739.00 USD because the carriers here only had black or white.

rushmore

May 3, 2011
Visit site

Most Apple users consider the device secondary to the ecosystem & iTunes and are not going to bail from that for a device (especially with a significant refresh coming). Apple wins that battle even if just making a device "good enough".

Samsung is now trying to lure Apple users with the Note 5 and Edge with a new add/gimmick campaign, but the only way that will work is the Apple users also get to keep all their apps, media and continue to use iTunes. Samsung is burning too much effort to a lost cause and will lose far more of their current base then they will ever gain from Apple.

ThrottleJohnny

Trusted Member
Apr 1, 2014
Visit site
I seriously doubt Samsung is trying to lure happy Apple customers to their devices, that would be a waste of time and money.

I do believe they're trying to lure customers who want a change from the Apple sameness and burnout, as well as fellow android competitors. And why wouldn't they?

rushmore

May 3, 2011
Visit site
I seriously doubt Samsung is trying to lure happy Apple customers to their devices, that would be a waste of time and money.

I do believe they're trying to lure customers who want a change from the Apple sameness and burnout, as well as fellow android competitors. And why wouldn't they?

Samsung is investing money in a Note test drive for Apple users. I did not specify what they might be expecting. They are luring though, but doubt many fish are hungry for anything but apples and fresh ones are on the way.

ThrottleJohnny

Trusted Member
Apr 1, 2014
Visit site
Samsung is investing money in a Note test drive for Apple users. I did not specify what they might be expecting. They are luring though, but doubt many fish are hungry for anything but apples and fresh ones are on the way.

Hence moving up their initial release date. Look I didn't say it would be a successful move, only time will tell. But it's a risk they need to take at this point. Simply bowing to Apple isn't a good look either.

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site

Actually they are. They are giving a free Note 5 to Apple users to use for 30 days. The demand has been so high, they ran out of devices the first day and are looking into getting more to reserve for this.

Samsung is out doing Apple across the world, everywhere but the US.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781