A note to samsung

Status
Not open for further replies.

MDMcAtee

Jul 4, 2014
Visit site
Actually they are. They are giving a free Note 5 to Apple users to use for 30 days. The demand has been so high, they ran out of devices the first day and are looking into getting more to reserve for this.

Samsung is out doing Apple across the world, everywhere but the US.

Talk about the ultimate test ride......

Posted via the Android Central App

rushmore

May 3, 2011
Visit site
Talk about the ultimate test ride......

Which will end for most with:

1. Where's iTunes??
2. Drag and drop- directories?? (too "technical")
3. I do not get to keep my apps??
4. What about the apps I was using??
5. Hey, how to I get my Apple purchased media to work??
6. WHERE THE HECK IS MY ITUUUUUNNES?!

Not seeing what Samsung is trying here and seems the focus again should be keeping their current install base and not trying to lure fish that will not bite long enough to keep. Maybe they are using this as marketing research and there is a preformed questionnaire when Apple users returns them.... That WOULD make sense.

Samsung's progression to becoming "Sample" will be complete! :)

Samsung will abandon Android for their awful in-house OS and create sTunes. Wait, too close for litigation perhaps, so they might call it "Stunes". ;)

Last edited:

bwlmog

Aug 13, 2015
Visit site
Limited choice is still better than no choice at all. You have the ability to choose between the Note and the Edge plus. In Europe we have the completely pointless Edge or old models. I like many I know are waiting to see what comes from LG and if the G4 Pro does show its face this year. If so, bye bye Samsmug.

anon8380037

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
They are only selling 32gb Note 5's in many world regions, including the wealthy Middle East, where they price the similar capacity S6E+ at Dh 3099, higher than the Note 32gb @ Dh2799.

This article appeared as an advert on Gumtree, our version of Swappa:
http://www.emirates247.com/business...ler-features-1-fatal-flaw-2015-08-19-1.600705

They either have technical / supply difficulties with the 64gb Note 5, they want everyone to see the S6E+ as their ultimate phone, or both.

Limiting a high percentage of early purchasers to 32gb AND no sd slot is saying we want your money but WE decide what you need.

Though I didn't use half my Note 3 storage at the time, I think 32gb today is too little on a very expensive flagship, especially when you look at available space.

Last edited:

rushmore

May 3, 2011
Visit site
Especially since "32" is really about 22gb for the user. Lollipop needs about 1GB free to update apps and function cleanly.

diego.roscetti

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
They are only selling 32gb Note 5's in many world regions, including the wealthy Middle East, where they price the similar capacity S6E+ at Dh 3099, higher than the Note 32gb @ Dh2799.

This article appeared as an advert on Gumtree, our version of Swappa:
http://www.emirates247.com/business...ler-features-1-fatal-flaw-2015-08-19-1.600705

They either have technical / supply difficulties with the 64gb Note 5, they want everyone to see the S6E+ as their ultimate phone, or both.

Limiting a high percentage of early purchasers to 32gb AND no sd slot is saying we want your money but WE decide what you need.

Though I didn't use half my Note 3 storage at the time, I think 32gb today is too little on a very expensive flagship, especially when you look at available space.

That's what pisses me off a little. It is like they are trying to entice people to buy the edge+ by only releasing that in 64.

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
They released the N5 in 64 gb, I have one. From what I understand about the N5, the release was done according to previous markets information and what did and didn't sell in that market.

diego.roscetti

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
They released the N5 in 64 gb, I have one. From what I understand about the N5, the release was done according to previous markets information and what did and didn't sell in that market.

I know they are out there but there is none available in Canada.

If they are going on previous market information like you said, then how can you explain releasing the edge plus in 64 in Canada but not the Note 5.

To me it is a clear indication of pushing one device over another like was previously rumoured.

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
I know they are out there but there is none available in Canada.

If they are going on previous market information like you said, then how can you explain releasing the edge plus in 64 in Canada but not the Note 5.

To me it is a clear indication of pushing one device over another like was previously rumoured.

Because that is what they were doing with the Note 5, never said they were doing that with the S6 Edge Plus, that is a new phone.

diego.roscetti

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
Because that is what they were doing with the Note 5, never said they were doing that with the S6 Edge Plus, that is a new phone.

Doesn't make much sense to me. This is the first Note with no SD card and internal memory options. Previous sales data of the older Note models shouldn't tell them anything about this new release.

The Note 5 is a completely new phone from the Note 4.

anon8380037

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
Part of my point, on the rare times when I make one :), was they could charge what they like in some regions for 64, or 128gb versions if they made them. People would buy them.
It seemed from many US buyers o these forums that 64gb versions were hard to get, or people elected to take a 32gb rather than wait.

The experience and performance of the phone seems great, but I would be more than peeved that I could only get a 32gb model.

If Samsung backtrack and bring them to the UK, what chance they will only bring the 32gb version here also, just like Canada.

Samsung possibly saying the allocation of 32gb only is down to their market research of user habits in different regions seems baloney in relation to the N5 (S6E+ maybe). As Diego points out the Note 4 32gb may have been a big seller but it had expansion.
If Samsung ditched the SD slot to charge more for internal storage, this doesn't make sense.
It's probably not as serious, or long term as I make out. It must be a supply issue.
I am still shocked they didn't bring out a 128gb version myself, but I would accept that that was down to market research more than not supplying many 64gb units.

Status
Not open for further replies.