My Nightmare Experience

Davenurse

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
I have to tell all of you my experience of getting my Note 5 yesterday, it was horrific. I preordered at Best Buy and was there at 10AM when the doors opened. They ask me before the store opens my name so they can get my order started which was cool. So I go in and we get started then it happened. There was something wrong with the way I was coded on my account that wouldn't let him proceed. Simple call to ATT right? It took several Best Buy members almost 6 hours to get it fixed. Yes I said 6. Multiple calls by several people some at the same time and just kept getting passed around from person to person. Calls to the ATT rep she couldn't figure it out. Hold times to talk to people of 1 hour at times. Finally at about 4.5 hours they tried a new phone and it worked. Then the Best Buy trade in program stopped working, another hour plus. I got there at 10am and left at 4PM. The manager from Best Buy said that I have great patience to not be snapping out which I do, what would yelling at them do, it's not their fault. He gave me extra gift cards a shirt and other stuff. I kept telling him it's not your fault. Anyway the reason I wanted to post this is because Jon and Justin from BB worked their balls off to get me this phone and I will never forget that. I mean Jon was on the phone for hours at a time and stayed with me until almost the end. Justin the manager was calling ATT rep and also was on hold for hours at a time while trying to manage the department. I hear allot of people busting on BB, I'm telling you I was amazed at the dedication and hard work to get me my phone. Oh yeah, it's a great phone!! I'm actually thinking of bringing in some pizza or something for these guys, they ROCKED!!!

Posted via the Android Central App

russel5150

Jul 15, 2012
Visit site
Im sorry to hear you had such trouble, but ill be the first to say i really respect that you didn't lash out at them.

Im not a salesperson, never have been, but i hate it when i am in a store and i see someone giving crap to a sales rep, esp when they didn't do anything wrong and are working hard to fix an issue. It's disrespectful, and it shows what kind of "me" person someone is.

So again, it's cool that you kept your cool while they tried to take care you.

Hope you enjoy the phone more than the experience of getting it lol!

sent with my white Note5 with nonremovable back and no SDCard!

seventeenseconds

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
Very thoughtful of you on the pizza and writing this post. I'd ask for the district managers email (or whatever BB's equivalent is) and/or contact info for corporate and share this story with them directly. Pizza is very nice, but the internal recognition might be as well.

Thanks for sharing!

nvrenough

Mar 4, 2011
Visit site
Great to hear that they stuck it out with you. I have had some really great experiences with BB and some not so good ones. But in the end the ticket is to never loose your cool and to keep your on the prize when buying a phone and in life :) phone freaking rocks right :)

Katrina White1

Dec 20, 2013
Visit site
Yes. Definitely let their higher ups know about the awesome service. People yell negativity from the rooftops, so it'll be refreshing to get a pat on the back. Wtg for u to be so nice about it. Glad it worked out for u. No doubt, if you'd have handed them their butts, you may not have walked out with your prize. I always work harder for those that deserve it! Great story.

ctk4949

Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Worst Buy wouldnt accept my trade in for the $200 gift card and then they tried to take away the wireless charger cause I was paying full price for the phone.

I was able to get the wireless charger cause the ad said that I only had to preorder the phone from them, not activate a phone with Worst Buy!!

JoePa2624

Sep 15, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for sharing. It's nice to hear a positive experience online bc all we ever hear is people complaining.

If you were really that happy with their service I would strongly urge you to call their hotline and give them kudos so they will be recognized for it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

jneusch

May 18, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for sharing. I almost always have a great experience at BB. I was there at 10 yesterday as well. Fortunately for me, I was out in 30 minutes with my phone, charger and $200 gift card. They were very ready and prepared and the Samsung experience guy was taking pictures of everyone getting their new phones.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Hate you had to go through all that. I went to T-Mobile, was first there and told him he didn't have to switch things from my old phone or set up my new one. He was thrilled because people were lined up. I was in and out in 5 mins.

beldark

Jun 27, 2012
Visit site
Wanted to share my Best Buy experience as well..

Started out at a Verizon corporate store. I haven't been to one in many years so I guess I didn't realize that someone is supposed to come around and take your name to get you queued up to speak with a rep. This didn't happen and after an hour of playing with phones waiting for someone to free up I realize people who came in after me were being helped. I explained this to someone who seemed to be a manger and they were not sympathetic... a half hour later we were ready to upgrade only for him to tell me, "oh, no Verizon stores are getting the 64GB models." Really? That would have been my first question if someone had just approached me when I got there... I was livid and headed down to Best Buy as a last-ditch effort. .

Long story short, as soon as I walked in someone started helping me. They had the phone in stock at 8:30 at night and getting it set up was a breeze - the people there were super professional. I didn't even know about the free wireless charger until they threw it in. I was out of there in 20 minutes with an activated phone. Personally I'll never step foot in a Verizon store again.

Having worked in retail, my experience is that it REALLY stands out when someone sends in positive feedback to corporate unsolicited (if there's nothing on the receipt like "get a coupon for filling out a survey"). It almost never happens. If you have such a good experience in any retail store that you'd post it in a place like this, send it in to corporate too! They will always make sure it gets back to the people involved.

ScottH323

Jun 5, 2012
Visit site
Last Tuesday I was also at Best Buy and went through a similar horrible experience. I was going to get the S6 as a upgrade on AT&T on the Next program. As soon as they went to scan the phone, the contract options were not available. After 2 hours of calling AT&T 5 times with no luck I walked out without a new phone. The sales representative said he has seen this problem before and no one knows what's wrong. Well, my issue was because I am a unified billing customer. If you have any other AT&T service with your wireless service, only AT&T.Com or a AT&T store has access to your account. I made a post about this concern, yet everyone says they never heard of this issue and blame Best Buy. The issue is on AT&T

MDMcAtee

Jul 4, 2014
Visit site
My experience today was totally different from my last phone experience with my LG g4.

Today I went in and in 1 hour walked out with my new Note 5. This was with taking my son's upgrade for the Note and letting him take my s6 Active, and trading in his iPhone 4s. Mine was on the Next plan his was paid for already.

Both phones were updated and all contacts, pictures, ringtones,videos saved to them.

The last time with my g4 was a similar nightmare and my pre-ordered phone they couldn't find.

Night and day differences both in the results and in the knowledge and attitude of the staff.

verks

Jun 5, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for the positive story. As a former retail att manager we loved positive stories. I know Best Buy is the same. Your idea for the pizza will hit the hearts and stomachs of the reps and really have a good impact. The time you take to email the DM and use your own money for giving thanks is a great gesture.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

smooth4lyfe

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
Best Buy sucks with pre-ordering phones... I had a bad experience with the S6 preordered from there...they gave away my phone... Never doing pre-ordering with them again

Sent from my Galaxy Note 5!

EMGSM

Trusted Member
Apr 8, 2015
Visit site
Nice story. Glad it all worked out. It's nice to know that there are still people with patience in the word. That's a long time to wait.

mcgeorge36

Dec 8, 2009
Visit site
As someone who works in retail, when all you hear is how much such and such store sucks, it is good to hear of a positive experience. I'm glad those guys helped you out as much as they did, and I'm sure it went a lot farther that you were extremely patient. I agree with the others here, try to find the higher ups info or just send an email to their corporate office to let them know how great the employees really were. The fact that someone would take the time to do that can really make a difference for those guys.
Most importantly, glad you were able you get your phone and hope you are enjoying the hell out of it

Davenurse

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
Just an update I brought the guys at BB some treats yesterday and they were so appreciative. I am going to call BB corporate tomorrow since it's the weekend. I try to treat people like I would like to be treated. Karma is a you know what. I am a hospice nurse and I don't think you could pay me enough money to work retail, hats off to all those who do it. Oh and BTW this phone ROCKS!!!!

Sent from my awesome Note 5

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wei34