"Fast" wireless charging?

purpleclad

Oct 17, 2011
Visit site
Same problem here. My Samsung charger that I got free from Best Buy, charges my N5 for about 3 minutes before the light starts blinking blue and it stops charging. I took it back to Best Buy this morning, thinking I got a dud, but the new one does the exact same thing.

ctk4949

Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
I tried my Nokia wireless charger and my phone was 100% the whole night. Will try the Samsung one again. Maybe its different than how my S6 edge charged on it.

beandoc

Aug 11, 2011
Visit site
Add me to the list of people whose free charger does not work. Charges for about 3-5 minutes and starts blinking blue. I had read that it could be related to the screen lock time, so I made the screen lock 15 seconds, and the experience was unchanged. I also tried deleting Facebook (also a suggestion I read) with no avail.

I hate to hear that some are having trouble with the Tylt VU, as that's the one I'm thinking about trying.

Apr 28, 2014
Visit site
I got a free wireless charger from Best Buy and bought a 2nd one from Amazon. So far they both work great. Used it overnight and once it hit 100% it stopped, so I was at 97% when I woke up. No biggie.

Posted via the Android Central App on Note 5

mmohn01

Aug 31, 2010
Visit site
I've got a Kool Pad and it doesn't like the 2.0 USB cables. It won't charge more than about 30 minutes. You have to use the cable it came with or an older usb.

rustypixel

Aug 4, 2010
Visit site
The paper "solution" worked for a day and failed. It's back to not charging fully. I tried folding the paper more and that didn't do anything. I'm off to BB now to replace (or see if they will replace) the free charger and maybe by a Tylt Vu as well.

dridas

Aug 15, 2015
Visit site
I paid for mine, but it's the same one from BB that came free with the n5 or s6e+. I Uninstalled my live wallpaper, and set up daydreaming, and it began working.

I also moved it to a 2A charging port on my computer, orange usb port on a Thermaltake 3.5" card reader thingie, and it charged without issue.

Posted via the Android Central App

stanleybb50

Jan 20, 2011
Visit site
Same here! I got the regular one (not fast charging) free from buying the phone from Best Buy. The package says it was made for the s6 and s6 edge (which I obviously know doesn't matter, but just for reference).

The last 2 nights... My only two nights with the phone I threw it on the Samsung charger and got the satisfying blue (solid) light and the phone lit up and indicated it was charging. I was so pumped as my first experience with wireless charging... I woke up all excited not to have to pull a wire out both mornings only to see that the blue light on the charger was now flashing and the phone didn't charge.....

One night you could say my fault... 2 nights I scratch my head. I am using an Otterbox Symmetry (thin-ish) and if it wasn't going to work, I would have thought I wouldn't get the solid blue light and phone indicating it's charging...

Both mornings I had to throw it in the quick charger and use my note 4 while it charged... Kind of annoyed me.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

credo

May 1, 2010
Visit site
I also got the free Samsung wireless charger from Best buy. All it does is blink blue. Phone never charges.

Posted via the Android Central App

Davenurse

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
I got free BB charger have been using it over night and has worked well. Last night I put on charger with 69% and this morning it was fill. I have cheap clear tpu cover on it, wondering if that has something to do with it. Maybe it had to sit higher off charger to work well. That or Samsung had a bunch of defective chargers and decided to dump them on BB customers.

Sent from my awesome Note 5

samsungnian

Oct 13, 2013
Visit site
The Samsung wireless charger handed out free with pre-order is NOT a fast-charge enable. It is the older version. The new one will have the word "Fast charging" written on the surface, which I believe is not yet available or availability is very limited. The BestBuy staff is pretty much clueless. I asked BB sale person and they told me it is fast one, righttttttt. I typically don't rely on the info given by BB sale person (no offense).

rustypixel

Aug 4, 2010
Visit site
BB only had the red Tylt Vu so I decided to wait for another day to get a black one. They exchanged the puck (essentially giving me a whole new kit even though I told them I only need the puck and they should keep the box and cables) and, for now, this one seems to be OK. For now. I spoke the the Samsung rep who said he never heard anything about the charger issue but when that rep was busy with another customer I asked the same question to the second Samsung rep and he said that a few people have already come in to exchange the charger or get something different and that he has heard other reps from other stores tell a similar story.
Hopefully this one works for me and I can use it for home and overnight charging. The Tylt Vu will be for work.

stanleybb50

Jan 20, 2011
Visit site
BB only had the red Tylt Vu so I decided to wait for another day to get a black one. They exchanged the puck (essentially giving me a whole new kit even though I told them I only need the puck and they should keep the box and cables) and, for now, this one seems to be OK. For now. I spoke the the Samsung rep who said he never heard anything about the charger issue but when that rep was busy with another customer I asked the same question to the second Samsung rep and he said that a few people have already come in to exchange the charger or get something different and that he has heard other reps from other stores tell a similar story.
Hopefully this one works for me and I can use it for home and overnight charging. The Tylt Vu will be for work.
This figures I threw the packaging away for the charger... Lol. I usually save packaging for the phone, but not accessories...

rustypixel

Aug 4, 2010
Visit site
I know it hasn't been a long time but this one seems to be working fine. Though I'm still ver weary and I'm waiting for it to stop a charge after a few minutes like the old one did. I've topped off the N5 a few times with no issues. Fingers crossed.

beandoc

Aug 11, 2011
Visit site
My local BB had a Tylt Vu sitting at their mobile services desk. They let me put my phone on it for ~10 minutes (longer than it ever worked on the Samsung charger), and it continued to charge without incident. They did me the favor of exchanging my Samsung charger for a new Tylt (yess!!!), so I'll be trying that for real this evening.

stanleybb50

Jan 20, 2011
Visit site
Re: "Fast" wireless charging?

Welp... I think I'm back to using the cord at night at least and not looking back.

Maybe I'll pick up the Samsung fast wireless charger for top off's some where else in the house though...

ihbsbA

May 16, 2010
Visit site
Same here. Had my Note 5 on the pad for over an hour (which, plugged in would have easily been a full charge) - and only got from 19% to 65%. Bummer.

I came to this thread to find out:
- does the CORD matter? Apparently so - I have the white cable from my N4 plugged in to the puck and it didn't initiate a charge.
- does the unit support fast charge? No - so, where ARE the units that support the fast charge mode? Anyone have a link for an after market version?

I got my Samsung "coupon" of 30% off - interesting, it used to be 50% off... grr

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rockpaperreality36