Why don't I have a smart manager on my Verizon Note 5?

A

AC Question

No smart manager on Verizon note 5

Purchased note 5 on Verizon yesterday. But there is no smart manager which allows you to manage ram usage. I saw a video with r-i-c-k-y the android guy explaining how the smart manager works but I read that a few carriers removed it from their phones. How do I manage ram on my note to keep battery consumption lower.

maf113

Nov 15, 2009
Visit site
Re: No smart manager on Verizon note 5

Purchased note 5 on Verizon yesterday. But there is no smart manager which allows you to manage ram usage. I saw a video with r-i-c-k-y the android guy explaining how the smart manager works but I read that a few carriers removed it from their phones. How do I manage ram on my note to keep battery consumption lower.

Another feature/app Verizon is blocking. I cannot find the APK yet so connotations verify if it can be sideloaded.

Posted using my Verizon crippled Note 5.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site

Another feature/app Verizon is blocking. I cannot find the APK yet so connotations verify if it can be sideloaded.

Posted using my Verizon crippled Note 5.
A majority of the major carriers are blocking it....

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 5

pamelany80

May 9, 2013
Visit site
Carriers really need to stop policing our phones. You would think samsung is popular enough to have similar authority like Apple and tell them to back off you aren't controlling our software. It's bad enough we have to wait so long for phone updates because of them. I will go the nexus route as soon as they make a phone I like.

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site

You don't need to manage RAM, Android does a very good job of that.

RevLauren

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
View attachment 237112

Here's what Verizon told me

There are no good answers to give the public because the motivations are greed, arrogance, and "control issues." Sixteen years with VZW and I'm just about done with them. They also semi-crippled the Note 7, removing several features including the FREE 15 GB Samsung cloud storage so we would be forced to pay for Verizon's offering. Fortunately, there was a way to get it back. Unfortunately, the Note 7 had to be recalled.