So I got the Samsung Wireless charger but....

sx4dude2013

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
So I just got my note 5 on verizon outright. I got the samsung round hockeypuck style charger as well for free.
The phone seems great but I havent used it much since I have to get a case today.

I charged it last night on the charger, and the blue light started flashing. I repositioned and it charged all night. I woke up in the middle of the night and the light was green.

This moring I grabbed the phone and it was at 98%, meaning the charger charged it to 100% and then stopped. I read online that this has happened before and maybe I should invest in a better wireless charger?

I dont want anything too pricey and I want something that will slowly charge overnight. Not burn up my phone and over charge.

Anyone haveing this issue with the samsung charger or know a fix?
Anyone using another charger that doesnt have heating/placement issues?
Thanks!!!

smalba

May 2, 2013
Visit site
Mine did this last night too. It reached 100% and then started flashing the light and stopped charging my phone. I looked at battery stats and it said it had been off the charger for 2.5 hours . A little weird and annoying. I'm assuming it just stops once it reaches 100.

Posted via the Android Central App

sx4dude2013

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Mine did this last night too. It reached 100% and then started flashing the light and stopped charging my phone. I looked at battery stats and it said it had been off the charger for 2.5 hours . A little weird and annoying. I'm assuming it just stops once it reaches 100.

Yes. So whats your plan? I DO NOT want to use USB charging. Ive had way way way too many android phone have faulty/loose usb ports. I plan to NEVER use the usb port. lol

mavrrick

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
It should go into a maintenance charging mode. Basically charge to 100 then stop charging. When the phone drops to a certain point it should start charging again. This is actually to preserve the battery. You don't want it to continously charge as it would ruin the battery.

volsfan0911

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
I didn't get the wireless charger but want one. Will be following to see if people like the Sammie unit or if their are better aftermarket units.

ctk4949

Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
I dont think its the wireless charger that is stopping it, its the phone. So no matter what wireless charger you get, it will do the samething??

I will try it out on a Tylt Vu and a Nokia Wireless charger.

dt81

Sep 25, 2010
Visit site
There js one on amazon thst I use for my s6 edge that will charge all night and not stop. I love it. I'll post the link in a few.

sx4dude2013

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
It should go into a maintenance charging mode. Basically charge to 100 then stop charging. When the phone drops to a certain point it should start charging again. This is actually to preserve the battery. You don't want it to continously charge as it would ruin the battery.

I wonder if it will recharge at like 95%. I will keep an eye on it

lbccpt

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
mine dropped me down to 90% in the morning. The damn thing makes the phone beep when it is placed on the pad and also beeps once it reaches 100% (with the phone on do not disturb) and lights up the screen. Anyway to prevent this?

honda-Dave

Mar 10, 2014
Visit site
I think I'm going to take mine back to Best Buy, for some reason, it's not charging. I put it on the charger, the phone was at 42 %, came back 2 hours later, it was at 44%. And sometimes when I put it on, it keeps making the charging noise, like when you put it on the first time, over and over again. Anyone have that issue?

play: Note 5 work:GS6 Edge
Samsung Galaxy Gear S
Samsung Galaxy Tab S 8.4
Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1
Samsung Gear Circle
Samsung Gear Level

samsungnian

Oct 13, 2013
Visit site
What I have noticed with the wireless charger is: it seems to be very sensitive. It has very narrow sweet spot especially if you are using the case! When I first got my Note 5, I have been using it without the case with wireless charger. It has been working great and I am very happy with result minus the fact that it is not a fast charge version that BB handed out. I got a Note 5 case yesterday, one of those thin clear plastic thingy. Ever since I had the case on my Note 5. The wireless has been off and on during the charge unless you put it on the perfect sweet spot. In some case, don't even charge!.. Once I remove the case, everything is fine. Just to let people know what I have seen.

Mcislak

Aug 26, 2015
Visit site
has anyone tried using the adaptive fast charger that came with the note 5 with the wireless charger. does this make a fast wireless charger?

angelpie1976

Nov 10, 2011
Visit site
I got mine at Best Buy as well. I put it on the charger and it would work for a minute and then would start flashing and stop charging. I have tried moving it around to find the sweet spot but still have not gotten it to work. Probably going to be taking it back to Best Buy.

OldTrader

Aug 21, 2015
Visit site
I've already taken my free wireless charger back once to BB and the new one does the exact same thing. Guess, I'm going to have to shop for alternatives.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kemberley1