Couldn't help myself and got a N5 yesterday at VZW. $200 trade in helped and I'm keeping this one for a while I think. I started playing with the demo model in the store and that was all she wrote. It's on the charger now for the first time so we'll see how battery life goes. 20 hours on the initial charge with heavy use (setting up screen, downloading apps, playing, etc.) I think it'll be great, certainly a full day at the minimum which is all I am looking forward. I'll get the negatives out of the way first: None! Joking. I really miss the SD card from my N2. Being an audiophreak and headphone snob, I want my hi res files and that's just not going to happen now (or not all of them). But I'll get over it and survive on Spotify extreme bit rate and the few files I want to keep locally on there. And it's slippery. I am riding nekked right now but am case shopping this afternoon. Oh, and where's the damn flashlight in the pull down menu!

The Good:

Display - dear God, what a display. Pictures and text are at a different level. All the accolades gushed upon it are true.

Battery - see above. I'm happy so far. Probably going to be very happy after a few charge cycles.

Stylus - never used it that much except for a toy previously. It's so much faster and more responsive than my N2 was. I used the "pull pen, write with power off" feature twice yesterday. It's awesome for scribbling down a quick phone number or something.

Form factor - spectacular. The design is beautiful. I never changed batteries anyway so not a huge loss for me. But it almost demands a case, especially if you walk/run. It is so light and blows away the iPhone Plus with its huge bezels and top/bottom overhangs.

Fingerprint scanner - had a GS5, that scanner was worthless and never used. This one rivals Apple for "getting it right". It's very fast, almost always picks it up on the first attempt and is much better than keying a PIN. Now if there was damned software and app support for using fingerprints instead of passwords!

Camera - not as good as Wife's iP6. But very, very close and very, very good.

TouchWiz - toned down and tolerable now. With 4GB of RAM onboard, there is no lag or delay or anything. Just the most responsive phone I've ever seen.

Bottom line: extremely happy. This may eliminate any tablet need I have, fits every phone need certainly. VZW needs to allow Samsung Pay.
    08-22-2015 11:56 AM
    Here's battery life and usage stats

Posted via the Android Central App
    Attached Thumbnails phone addiction satisfied for a while I think-776.jpg  
    08-22-2015 01:26 PM
    Nice!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    08-22-2015 01:28 PM
    I am a phone addict and I get bored with devices really quickly, especially once I've figured out and used all the features. But I find myself keeping the Note5 until 2016 because of the reasons you've stated above. I also plan on using Samsung Pay a lot and I love that it'll be available at least on AT&T.
    08-22-2015 01:45 PM
    Couldn't help myself and got a N5 yesterday at VZW. $200 trade in helped and I'm keeping this one for a while I think. I started playing with the demo model in the store and that was all she wrote. It's on the charger now for the first time so we'll see how battery life goes. 20 hours on the initial charge with heavy use (setting up screen, downloading apps, playing, etc.) I think it'll be great, certainly a full day at the minimum which is all I am looking forward. I'll get the negatives out of the way first: None! Joking. I really miss the SD card from my N2. Being an audiophreak and headphone snob, I want my hi res files and that's just not going to happen now (or not all of them). But I'll get over it and survive on Spotify extreme bit rate and the few files I want to keep locally on there. And it's slippery. I am riding nekked right now but am case shopping this afternoon. Oh, and where's the damn flashlight in the pull down menu!

The Good:

Display - dear God, what a display. Pictures and text are at a different level. All the accolades gushed upon it are true.

Battery - see above. I'm happy so far. Probably going to be very happy after a few charge cycles.

Stylus - never used it that much except for a toy previously. It's so much faster and more responsive than my N2 was. I used the "pull pen, write with power off" feature twice yesterday. It's awesome for scribbling down a quick phone number or something.

Form factor - spectacular. The design is beautiful. I never changed batteries anyway so not a huge loss for me. But it almost demands a case, especially if you walk/run. It is so light and blows away the iPhone Plus with its huge bezels and top/bottom overhangs.

Fingerprint scanner - had a GS5, that scanner was worthless and never used. This one rivals Apple for "getting it right". It's very fast, almost always picks it up on the first attempt and is much better than keying a PIN. Now if there was damned software and app support for using fingerprints instead of passwords!

Camera - not as good as Wife's iP6. But very, very close and very, very good.

TouchWiz - toned down and tolerable now. With 4GB of RAM onboard, there is no lag or delay or anything. Just the most responsive phone I've ever seen.

Bottom line: extremely happy. This may eliminate any tablet need I have, fits every phone need certainly. VZW needs to allow Samsung Pay.
    I picked one up on att yesterday, loving it so far to access the flashlight you need to pull down notifications and click the edit tab then you can add the flashlight button it's not there by default for some reason

Posted via the Android Central App
    Attached Thumbnails phone addiction satisfied for a while I think-102.jpg  
    geekaren likes this.
    08-22-2015 02:11 PM