I just realized that I wasn't offered or given the free wireless charger after I bought my Note 5 at full retail price today... but I see on Best Buy's site that it says "Free with purchase and activation" so I'm assuming the activation part ruled me out.

Did any of you get one while buying the phone outright?
    08-22-2015 04:23 PM
    I just realized that I wasn't offered or given the free wireless charger after I bought my Note 5 at full retail price today... but I see on Best Buy's site that it says "Free with purchase and activation" so I'm assuming the activation part ruled me out.

I got the free wireless charger for pre-ordering. But you're not missing anything because it doesn't even give a full charge. There are threads about it. It stops and blinks before it's done. I think they are just getting rid of inventory so people will purchase the fast wireless charging puck

Posted via the Android Central App
    jdfry15 and stanleybb50 like this.
    08-22-2015 04:31 PM
    I think that deal is for people not paying full price and financing or signing a new 2 year contract.
    Either way thats bull.
    And from what I read, there's nothing wrong with the charger, just that the protection kicks in after its charges to 100 and then cuts off to protect the battery. Some stated that when they wake up in the morning it may have 98% battery showing, but again that's may be due to the protection features.
    08-22-2015 04:39 PM
    I got the free wireless charger and paid full price but pre-ordered.
    08-22-2015 06:42 PM
    Same situation for me. As long as one preordered they were suppose to get a charger which I did.
    08-22-2015 07:05 PM
    I think samsung saved all their promotion money for the own a iPhone try a n5 or s6e plus free for a month.

08-22-2015 07:09 PM
    I think that deal is for people not paying full price and financing or signing a new 2 year contract.
    Either way thats bull.
    And from what I read, there's nothing wrong with the charger, just that the protection kicks in after its charges to 100 and then cuts off to protect the battery. Some stated that when they wake up in the morning it may have 98% battery showing, but again that's may be due to the protection features.
    There is a bad batch of these chargers out there and i received one of them when i used my in store credit at sprint. Phone starts to charge and sometimes after only a few minute it will disconnect itself and the charger will start blinking. Talked to the store i got it at today and they only have 1 left in Stock so they pulled it off the shelf and put my name on it so i can exchange it Monday when I'm back over that way. Doesn't matter where i place it at on the pad it disconnects. We got 2 and the other one works prefect.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk
    08-22-2015 07:38 PM
    No I asked about it but the rep said no. All I got was a Samsung t-shirt lol.....
    08-22-2015 07:50 PM

I paid full retail, didn't preorder, but did in store pick up on launch day and it was included when I placed the order online.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
    08-22-2015 08:12 PM
    There is a bad batch of these chargers out there and i received one of them when i used my in store credit at sprint. Phone starts to charge and sometimes after only a few minute it will disconnect itself and the charger will start blinking. Talked to the store i got it at today and they only have 1 left in Stock so they pulled it off the shelf and put my name on it so i can exchange it Monday when I'm back over that way. Doesn't matter where i place it at on the pad it disconnects. We got 2 and the other one works prefect.

That's terrible because those chargers been out since the S6. I wonder why there would be a bad batch still out there after so much time.
    08-22-2015 08:17 PM
    Got the charger but not the $200 for a trade in phone. Unlimited data so was not interested in a new plan

08-24-2015 09:35 PM
    Depending on the rep they were more than happy to give them out to anyone getting a Note 5. Might've been because they had a lot of extra. Got enough Samsung stuff for one day. Did you get the free charger at Best Buy paying Full Retail?-uploadfromtaptalk1440470276861.jpg

Sent from my Note 5
    08-24-2015 09:38 PM
    You should get free charger, unless they ran out. They did say while supply last. You won't get the $200 gc unless you trade in and activate a line.
    08-24-2015 10:25 PM

I think this is a note 5 issue as I have multiple wireless chargers that aren't the same brand and have the same issue. It won't reliably charge on my tylt or Samsung charger that worked fine with the s6. Very odd.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
    08-24-2015 10:26 PM
    Full purchase price paid and got a charger and some swag with my pre order.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    08-25-2015 06:14 AM
    I paid full price online and clicked in store pick up and it gave me the wireless charger.. ordered my phone the day after it was released..

Also with the wireless charger not working, I found that the phone has to be laid on there just right
    08-25-2015 06:33 AM
    Worst Buy tried to tell me the same thing about having to have it activated. But that is only for the $200 gift card. They had the advertisement printed out on the table and it only said Pre-order Note5/S6e+ for free wireless charger. So they gave it to me for free.
    08-25-2015 08:36 AM
    Yeah I got it for free but I had to ask for it.
    Also, I had issues with the wireless charger at first but I tried it last night and it worked. I woke up this and it was at 100%. I'm also wondering if it has to be set perfectly on it.

08-25-2015 09:24 AM