I've had my Note 5 64GB for just over a day now, and I am still pleasantly surprised every time I pick it up. I'm happy I made the switch and won't be making the switch back anytime soon. Here is a partial list of what I like, and what I don't thus far. I will be comparing this to the 6+, as the last Android phone I had was the original G Flex.

The Good

1. The screen. Not even necessary to go into great detail here.
    2. The feel. Anyone who has held the 6+ knows it's "slippery" at best, and downright unpleasant at worst. This phone feels better in my hand than any other phone to date.
    3. The quick-charging battery with the quick charging battery charger. The 6+ takes considerably longer to charge. It's a nice feature to have to mitigate the lack of a replaceable battery (or a larger one, for that matter).
    4. The fingerprint scanner. I was concerned about this to be honest. I came to love Touch ID. However, I can state that this one is just as good, if not a touch quicker than the Touch ID on the 6+. I hope apps are able to take advantage of this upgraded fingerprint scanner.
    5. The camera. There was a time when this was a non-competition for Apple. No so anymore. The camera is take gorgeous pictures, and is incredibly quick to open (especially with the double-tap of the home button).
    6. Android. I missed android.

The "Meh"

1. No iMessage. Again, goes without being said, but a lot of my friends and family have iPhones, and that is one feature I really liked. Group texts and MMS simply work better with iMessage.
    2. The battery life. I'm at 33% left with 8h, 9m battery time. Screen time: 1h, 42m. Not fantastic, and I don't really feel like I should have to go into "power saving mode" or "ultra power saving mode" to get decent battery life. I'm sure others will experience better or worse battery life than this- I can only look to my limited experience thus far.
    3. OS Smoothness. It's smooth, don't get me wrong, but it's not as smooth as the 6+, which I always thought was the worst performing of any of the Apple iPhones our family has owned. For example, when typing a text, the screen input lags the physical input. Not greatly, but it's noticeable. On the flip-side, it's nice to be able to choose SwiftKey as my keyboard app, and not have it switch back to the OS keyboard every other time I open it.
    4. Fingerpints. I have the Black Sapphire one. It's mostly glass. Really, who cares.

Overall, I'm happy to be back with Android, and am very happy that it's with this phone.
    debdroid1a and dsignori like this.
    08-22-2015 05:51 PM
    I agree with most of these statements having come from a 6 plus as well. I have had better battery life than you though, and hoping it only gets better.

Posted via the Android Central App
    08-22-2015 06:18 PM
    Yeah I also agree with your same thoughts. Even though I have been playing with my device since I received it this morning and I'm just placing it on the charger. I too came from the 6 Plus and I have no regrets at all. Its funny because my 6 Plus just sold on Swappa. Rolling with the Note 5 for the long haul!
    08-22-2015 06:31 PM