New Note User --S Pen?

debdroid1a

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
I'm new to the Note series. I've always liked the idea of the S pen, but the size was what stopped me from getting one. After the S5 and seeing the Ip6+ from coworkers, I got one.

I do like to write with the Spen. One reason I got this was the ability to write on the screen with the phone off (no more lost thoughts).
Took a pic and wrote on that.
Found you can do a screen shot with it, and just what I want (yeah, no cropping) and then write in that.
Also I realized 2 games the S Pen works great for. One is "Word Search". You have to highlight the words you find and I found it difficult with my fingers, but so easy with the S Pen. Also "Spider" solitaire. The cards are tiny and the Spen works in moving then easier.

What are some other features you use the S Pen for?

ETA - I did read the post about not putting it in backwards and will avoid that.
http://forums.androidcentral.com/showthread.php?t=569378

*Note 5*

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
One thing I have used it for with every Note, is if I need to write down info while on a call. The Note 2 would automatically pop up a blank Note if you pulled the pen out while on a call. The Note 4 would save that Note with the call. If you looked on the call log, the Note was there by that specific call to that number.

I think they have taken a lot of options away from the action memo that the Note 4 had, but I'm not sure yet, haven't had time to play with the spen yet and see.

debdroid1a

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
Yes that does work. That is nice. Thanks for the tip.

I just called my work and since I'm home got my voice mail, but was able to use the S Pen. My Note stayed up too and I just deleted it.

Posted via the *Note 5*

Connert

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site
What are some "Shortcuts" others have added to the Air Command?

Posted via the *Note 5*

MyScript Calculator & OneNote.

OneNote is by far my most used data organization app. I keep track of everything in it. OneNote is like a giant filing cabinet I carry around in my phone that syncs to my laptop and desktop.

MyScript calculator is just really cool. You can write out a math equation by hand and it will calculate for you. With two kids in Highschool and one starting collage, this comes in handy.

Posted via the Android Central App

itsnotmeitsyou

Feb 9, 2014
Visit site
On the previous Note phones, you could hover the tip of the pen near the top or bottom of the screen to scroll up or down. I haven't looked into it much on this phone, but the option wasn't there in Google Chrome. Hopefully they didn't remove that feature.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

debdroid1a

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
Last edited:

debdroid1a

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
S Note Expention Pack! Did you Download it? -- You can find it by opening up the S Note App, choosing More, then choosing More Features.. I finally downloaded it this morning. It apparently has in the extension pack that includes advanced tricks like a heartier toolbar and shape recognition, handwriting "transformation" and the ability to record sketches.

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
You can even write and address, tap more, link to action and scroll to the GPS icon and it will map it and be ready to navigate.

Attachments

• 1440464004831.jpg
    1440464004831.jpg
    45.4 KB · Views: 51

goin_nil

Jul 1, 2010
Visit site
A simple but useful idea:
Take a screenshot of a Google Map and write or draw on it to help someone understand where to go or meet on a map.

I've done this a few times to describe to someone where to park their car and how to walk from the parking lot from one building to the next. Very handy.

kelmino

Oct 22, 2011
Visit site
S Note Expention Pack! Did you Download it? -- You can find it by opening up the S Note App, choosing More, then choosing More Features.. I finally downloaded it this morning. It apparently has in the extension pack that includes advanced tricks like a heartier toolbar and shape recognition, handwriting "transformation" and the ability to record sketches.

I can't seem to find the handwriting "transformation" setting. Does this turn handwritten text into actual text? Am I just missing it?

debdroid1a

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
I'm a long time paper Moleskine notebook user and downloaded their app last year, but didn't use it to much. The spen works ok on it to write with as you can see by the attachment.

Just a warning, if you lock a notebook, type in the password accurately. You get one chance and if it's wrong you have the notebook forever locked. Just found out. I'm going to let then one they need a verify password feature.

Posted via the *Note 5*

Attachments

• 643.jpg
    643.jpg
    29.4 KB · Views: 92

goin_nil

Jul 1, 2010
Visit site
I can't seem to find the handwriting "transformation" setting. Does this turn handwritten text into actual text? Am I just missing it?

This is in the basic S Note app. No add-ons needed.

See the 1, 2, 3 below.
1. Choose the selection tool
2. Select your text
3. Choose Transform into
4. Choose Text

Attachments

• 1440506842854.jpg
    1440506842854.jpg
    33.7 KB · Views: 31
  • 1440506903418.jpg
    1440506903418.jpg
    30.8 KB · Views: 30