Standby battery drain

stanleybb50

Jan 20, 2011
Visit site
Is anyone using the wireless charger from samsung? My first night using the phone it hit 100% when I picked it up then placed it back on the charger till morning. When I woke up it was at 83% . Been charging with a wire since.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk
YES! I got the regular one (not fast charging) free from buying the phone from Best Buy. The package says it was made for the s6 and s6 edge (which I obviously know doesn't matter, but just for reference).

The last 2 nights... My only two nights with the phone I threw it on the Samsung charger and got the satisfying blue (solid) light and the phone lit up and indicated it was charging. I was so pumped as my first experience with wireless charging... I woke up all excited not to have to pull a wire out both mornings only to see that the blue light on the charger was now flashing and the phone didn't charge.....

One night you could say my fault... 2 nights I scratch my head. I am using an Otterbox Symmetry (thin-ish) and if it wasn't going to work, I would have thought I wouldn't get the solid blue light and phone indicating it's charging...

Both mornings I had to throw it in the quick charger and use my note 4 while it charged... Kind of annoyed me.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

rsohne

Sep 26, 2011
Visit site
What I think happened to me is the quick charger isn't keeping the phone charged overnight. I would have to try again to test my theory.

Posted via the Android Central App

MedicD

Jul 30, 2011
Visit site
Looks like I'm now back to play services drain, cell standby seems to have chilled out. At least it's an issue I'm used to

emad1995

Jul 6, 2013
Visit site
Biggest battery drain is google play services that I have no idea how to get rid of.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

For me turning off these 2 things:
1. Google now
2. Location history
Will take play services out of my battery stats. Give it a try and see if you get the same reaults.

sup3r1or

May 13, 2011
Visit site
It sucks taht this is the only way. I actually use Google now for google voice search. Actually will OKAY google still work if I switch off google now? I have widget that came with stock Note 5 for google search on main screen and I use commands quite often, will it still work if I have google now OFF?

russel5150

Jul 15, 2012
Visit site
For me turning off these 2 things:
1. Google now
2. Location history
Will take play services out of my battery stats. Give it a try and see if you get the same reaults.

How do you disable google now? Is it the regular google app?

sent with my white Note5 with nonremovable back and no SDCard!

sup3r1or

May 13, 2011
Visit site
Open google search app press 3 lines on the left go to settings, SHOW NOW CARDS press off and then Okay. Im not sure if I will loose voice commands and control if I do that, will try later.

russel5150

Jul 15, 2012
Visit site
Open google search app press 3 lines on the left go to settings, SHOW NOW CARDS press off and then Okay. Im not sure if I will loose voice commands and control if I do that, will try later.

Okay thanks I just turned it off.

sent with my white Note5 with nonremovable back and no SDCard!

TheMatrix31

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
Is there a good replacement for quick traffic updates for "going home" if I disable Google Now? I love just opening my notification panel and seeing whether it's 30 minutes to work or 50.

That's really what I use it for the most. And reminders but I can DL a separate app for that.

sup3r1or

May 13, 2011
Visit site
Not that i know if and it wont integrate on this level. Maybe here maps but not sure.
I wanted to ask if i diaable google now can instill use ok google and ask it to do things for me?

tanson1011

Feb 5, 2012
Visit site
People please twll me ifnyou have smart on enabled in setting display that tracks your eyes?

I have mine off. I use an app called Screebl. It keeps your screen on depending what angle your phone is at. Totally customizable. Screen shuts off when phone is flat, or whatever angle you configured in the app.

Battery life still isn't great if you're wondering if turning that off helps.

sup3r1or

May 13, 2011
Visit site
So here is my stats for today not even close to 3 hours SOT but already down to 36%. People how donyou manage 5 hours SOT?

Attachments

• 1440423105010.jpg
    1440423105010.jpg
    55.9 KB · Views: 66
  • 1440423117194.jpg
    1440423117194.jpg
    51.4 KB · Views: 66

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member