Standby battery drain

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Strange I'm on the t-mobile variant of the note 5 and even though I have the phone on airplane mode with Wi-Fi calling on I still get high call standby drain. Isnt my radio supposed to be off when on airplane mode?

Overall I have great battery life so I don't really pay attention to that number

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

Airplane mode should shut off WiFi also.

Have you just tried a cache wipe? I had an issue with answering a call when the pop up for a call came on the screen. I just did a cache wipe and that took care if it. Sometimes a cache wipe can take care of many issues and it doesn't reset anything, always worth trying.

shook187

Feb 14, 2011
Visit site
Airplane mode should shut off WiFi also.

Have you just tried a cache wipe? I had an issue with answering a call when the pop up for a call came on the screen. I just did a cache wipe and that took care if it. Sometimes a cache wipe can take care of many issues and it doesn't reset anything, always worth trying.
You can still turn on WiFi while on Airplane mode.

But no I haven't tried none of that other stuff

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

rgh718

Jul 7, 2012
Visit site
I did see a case that had a extended battery and a sd slot. It was like $100 bucks. I'll find the site and post it

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
I guess I thought that's what advanced calling enabled but maybe not :(

I think T-mobile is still the only one with WiFi calling and texting, though there might be apps to be able to WiFi text. I know AT&T is supposed to be getting it soon, not sure about Verizon.

erasat

May 12, 2013
Visit site
I can be on standby for hours on both my S6 edge and S6 Active and they simply drain 1% every 4 hours or so with 2 Google accounts syncing all the time with tons of emails.

With M release in a couple of months there will be a new feature called Doze that will help with just that, Standby time, but until then you can always download this great app called the same, Doze, it does basically the same but for most Android versions and not just latest one and for all devices running them, the good thing about is that it kicks off as soon as your screen turns off.

Check the app here, https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.yirgalab.dzzz&referrer=utm_source%3Dgoogle%26utm_medium%3Dorganic%26utm_term%3Ddoze+for+better+battery&pcampaignid=APPU_1__p7fVaTmIce6eKn5nIgN

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
I can be on standby for hours on both my S6 edge and S6 Active and they simply drain 1% every 4 hours or so with 2 Google accounts syncing all the time with tons of emails.

With M release in a couple of months there will be a new feature called Doze that will help with just that, Standby time, but until then you can always download this great app called the same, Doze, it does basically the same but for most Android versions and not just latest one and for all devices running them, the good thing about is that it kicks off as soon as your screen turns off.

Check the app here, https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.yirgalab.dzzz&referrer=utm_source%3Dgoogle%26utm_medium%3Dorganic%26utm_term%3Ddoze+for+better+battery&pcampaignid=APPU_1__p7fVaTmIce6eKn5nIgN

I've installed this to see how it works.

Are you familiar with Greenify? I used it on my N4 for a while and 10 hours of not touching the phone I would lose 1% and nothing would wake my phone except the apps I selected. Does this work the same, except it starts automatically when the screen goes dark?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
livinlavidaloca