Hello All,

So I've got a Note 5. It's amazing. Blows me away of how good this phone really is. The S Pen is incredible. I came from the Note 4 and a lot of aspects of this device is better.

I did notice however how insanely sensitive the S Pen is. For example I can hover the pen over the screen say a quarter or half inch and the device reads it as if I'm scrolling up or down a web page. Sometimes it chooses something I didn't try selecting. It's kind of annoying. Anyone else experience this at all? Didn't notice this issue before. I have a S View case on the phone but it is a legit Samsung case.

For example, I can scroll up and down a web page or app without touching the screen while being in the middle of the screen. Like it said its almost too sensitive or something.

Anyone else have these issues? Is there a way to lower the sensitivity?

Let me know what your think,

Thanks!
    08-23-2015 03:21 AM
    I just tried mine out and I have to actually touch the screen to be able to scroll a Web page up or down. This is using Chrome.
    I've noticed that to select something or write in Action memos I have to press down harder than I would have expected. This is my first Note so I have nothing to compare to. If I just barely rest the pen on the screen, it won't write. I have to press down. Is this normal?

Posted via the Android Central App on Note 5
    08-23-2015 12:23 PM
    I just tried mine out and I have to actually touch the screen to be able to scroll a Web page up or down. This is using Chrome.
    I've noticed that to select something or write in Action memos I have to press down harder than I would have expected. This is my first Note so I have nothing to compare to. If I just barely rest the pen on the screen, it won't write. I have to press down. Is this normal?

Yea you usually have to press down on the screen in order for the device to register your pen. The Note 4 worked great. Not sure what's going on with the sensitivity. I'm pretty sure your situation sounds normal. Unless you're pushing very hard. The device has pressure sensitivity so when you apply pressure the line drawn by the pen should be darker for example. I was just testing mine again and it seems after a little while using the screen and the capacitive buttons on the phone it starts going crazy. It's really annoying. I've attempted to search for this online and I couldn't find anything regarding the S Pen situation. Maybe I just have a lemon?

Try using the S Pen through Google chrome for a few minutes then start touching the capacitive buttons with it, the multi task on the left and the back button on the right. Put the phone through its works, then try going back to chrome, gmail or any other app and see if the sensitivity increases or decreases. Let me know! I'm curious!
    08-23-2015 01:12 PM
    Just spent a good amount of time messing around with the pen, using it on both capacitive buttons. Jumping in Chrome and several other apps the sensitivity seems consistent and unchanged. Sorry man, that's an odd anomaly you've got.

08-23-2015 03:19 PM
    Just spent a good amount of time messing around with the pen, using it on both capacitive buttons. Jumping in Chrome and several other apps the sensitivity seems consistent and unchanged. Sorry man, that's an odd anomaly you've got.

Hey thanks for trying its greatly appreciated! I think I've figured it out though. So I went back into the box the phone came in and found new S Pen tips. I removed the one in it and replaced it with a new one. Seems as if everything is working fine now. Maybe something faulty with the one that was preloaded. I don't know. But just an FYI, you can always switch up the S Pen tips if you feel like somethings wonky with the pen you have.

Thanks again!
    debdroid1a and Jesse Isaacson like this.
    08-23-2015 06:09 PM
    Removed.
    08-23-2015 07:03 PM
    Removed.
    Removed?
    08-23-2015 07:45 PM
    Nice! I actually figured out my issue too. I took off my case and it made the pen much more sensitive and now requires no pressure to write. It would have been fine before, but now feels much more fluid.

Posted via the Android Central App on a Note 5
    08-23-2015 10:13 PM
    Nice! I actually figured out my issue too. I took off my case and it made the pen much more sensitive and now requires no pressure to write. It would have been fine before, but now feels much more fluid.

Posted via the Android Central App on a Note 5
    Ah yes, I've heard of issues with third party cases. Apparently there is a magnet in the case that isn't certified by Samsung and is causing issues with the S Pen. Something to do with the magnet interfering with the S Pen. Happy you figured it out!
    Jesse Isaacson likes this.
    08-23-2015 10:20 PM
    I bet if you put the old tip back in it would still work just fine. Almost sounds like the tip was stuck. There's a pressure sensor at the back of the tip cavity and was probably stuck pushed in. That's why it was registering screen touches without actually touching.
    Jesse Isaacson likes this.
    08-23-2015 10:45 PM
    I bet if you put the old tip back in it would still work just fine. Almost sounds like the tip was stuck. There's a pressure sensor at the back of the tip cavity and was probably stuck pushed in. That's why it was registering screen touches without actually touching.
    Really? That definitely makes sense! It was fine for a day or two then started acting up. I couldn't even use the S Pen, it was very annoying. I'm happy now that I've figured it out. Thanks for the pointer though, it's nice having this information.
    08-23-2015 11:39 PM
    I removed my comment because after I posted it I retested what I thought I remembered and couldn't reproduce it. So I just removed my comment since nothing else would have helped the OP.
    RionDunn likes this.
    08-24-2015 11:42 AM