S Note extension pack? DId you download it?

8100User

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
For those of you that are unaware, there are numerous features that (I believe) came standard on S Note in earlier Galaxy Note phablets, that were left out of the Note5's S Note.

However, you can download an update to S Note, and get these features added to your S Note app!

These include:
Shape recognition mode
Magnified notes
Handwriting transformation
Locked notes
,,,,, and numerous other features!

To update your S Note, go to your S Notes app, click on More, then More Features, and download the extension pack.

So... have any of you updated your S Note? What feature, in particular, did you miss that pushed you to update?

Just curious......

haus

Feb 5, 2011
Visit site
This seems like a huge thing. I wonder why they made it separate? Maybe it wasn't ready to include in the system image at build time? Seems there are more people asking about some of these "missing" features, so this is a good tip and thanks for sharing.

Waiting for Fedex... :)

matt3166

Jan 23, 2011
Visit site
For those of you that are unaware, there are numerous features that (I believe) came standard on S Note in earlier Galaxy Note phablets, that were left out of the Note5's S Note.

However, you can download an update to S Note, and get these features added to your S Note app!

These include:
Shape recognition mode
Magnified notes
Handwriting transformation
Locked notes
,,,,, and numerous other features!

To update your S Note, go to your S Notes app, click on More, then More Features, and download the extension pack.

So... have any of you updated your S Note? What feature, in particular, did you miss that pushed you to update?

Just curious......

I was looking for some of those features, thanks for posting this

Posted via the Android Central App

oshogg

Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
I installed the extension pack but can't figure out how to turn on handwriting.. Especially for the screen locked action memo creation app

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

debdroid1a

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
I installed the extension pack but can't figure out how to turn on handwriting.. Especially for the screen locked action memo creation app

As soon as you take out the spen you can write on your note 5 screen when the phone is off. When it's on you get choices. So page 7-9 of the guide that came with your note 5.

Posted via the *Note 5*

oshogg

Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
As soon as you take out the spen you can write on your note 5 screen when the phone is off. When it's on you get choices. So page 7-9 of the guide that came with your note 5.

Posted via the *Note 5*
Yes, I know that. My question is how to make it recognize my handwriting and convert it into text? I don't see any option to do that even after installing extensions app.

Osho

debdroid1a

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
Yes, I know that. My question is how to make it recognize my handwriting and convert it into text? I don't see any option to do that even after installing extensions app.

Osho

I think it just recognizes it if you write half decent. I didn't do anything.

What happened when you tried? Did it only recognize a little of handwriting?

Posted via the *Note 5*

oshogg

Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
I think it just recognizes it if you write half decent. I didn't do anything.

What happened when you tried? Did it only recognize a little of handwriting?

Posted via the *Note 5*
It did not recognize at all.. And I wrote pretty well.. Also, I didn't see any icon to r option to explicitly convert it to text either..

Osho

mhunter6378

May 15, 2013
Visit site
It did not recognize at all.. And I wrote pretty well.. Also, I didn't see any icon to r option to explicitly convert it to text either..

Osho

In S Note, with the extension pack installed, write your text on the screen then hold down the button on the Spen, drag a selection box around the text, a pop up window will display, select Transform and you will get a new pop up window where you can select Text. It will then convert your hand written text to typed.

oshogg

Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
In S Note, with the extension pack installed, write your text on the screen then hold down the button on the Spen, drag a selection box around the text, a pop up window will display, select Transform and you will get a new pop up window where you can select Text. It will then convert your hand written text to typed.
Thanks, this works.. But not on the screen off memos. Anyways, this is a great feature. Thanks for giving details on how to use it.

Osho

TheDonJ77

May 13, 2011
Visit site
Just installed this, thanks for the tip. It's like the lollipop with the bubble gum inside, a treat within a treat.

Trees

Sep 20, 2012
Visit site
The "Extension pack" is from Samsung, as are the other "More features"? The "Extension pack" requires quite a few permissions/access to phone and data. I understand why, but want to be sure I know who makes the pack before installing. I read through the pack's description, but didn't see a developer named like you see in Google Play or the Galaxy app store app descriptions.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12