Hello all. I have t-mobile and they have a native wifi calling setup. That's great, but when turned on it shows an icon in the notification bar/tray. Not a big deal for some but for me I like a clean notification bar. Does anyone know how to get rid of that constant notification?

Posted via the Android Central App
    08-23-2015 02:57 PM
    Only way is to turn the feature off and don't use it

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk
    08-23-2015 03:38 PM
    Hello all. I have t-mobile and they have a native wifi calling setup. That's great, but when turned on it shows an icon in the notification bar/tray. Not a big deal for some but for me I like a clean notification bar. Does anyone know how to get rid of that constant notification?

I don't know of a way to turn it off. Personally, I prefer to know if WiFi calling is on, it is the last choice I want to use and only use it if I am where I have WiFi and cell signal is bad.
    08-23-2015 04:12 PM
    Why don't you want to use it ? It's a question to all actually. I don't know enough about it to have an opinion , I just assume it was better. ..

08-23-2015 04:20 PM
    It isn't any better and if your WiFi is having problems your calls will. I don't need it, I have good signal. There is no advantage to me using it and it would be just another unnecessary drain on my WiFi when it isn't needed.
    08-23-2015 04:37 PM
    you guys are on t-mobile? does your wifi calling actually work? Every time I try and connect i don't get any information that it is connected but when I goto the wifi calling menu It says "reg99 - unable to connect" calling t-mobile hasn't helped as they tried everything on their end. Putting the sim card into another phone and the other phone connected to wifi calling no problem.
    08-24-2015 05:32 PM
    I am on T-Mobile and WiFi calling works. I made a call at the mall this morning and I just finished another here at home. Make sure your 911 address is listed. Mines started working after T-Mobile rep put my 911 address on.
    08-24-2015 05:42 PM
    Yeah, i've updated my 911 address they have sent push downloads to the sim card, had me factory reset the phone, had me do a cache clear on the phone and still nothing. It's been since last wednesday now. I went to a tmobile store today and a representative told me that it is a known issue and they would be releasing an update to fix it. I don't know how true that is though.
    08-24-2015 05:50 PM
    i have t-mobile and have been using wifi calling with the note 5 without any problems. my note 2 would frequently ask me to update my 911 address, though. sometimes, even after updating it, it still wouldn't make wifi calls.
    08-24-2015 06:05 PM
    I haven't tried it on my N5 yet.. Let me try..
    08-24-2015 10:31 PM
    Mine worked fine on my N5.
    08-24-2015 10:34 PM
    Why don't you want to use it ? It's a question to all actually. I don't know enough about it to have an opinion , I just assume it was better. ..

I have great t-mobile signal at my home and in my neighborhood. So don't see any reason to use it. Good for me since I use lots of unbranded devices so it would have sucked if signal was bad.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk
    08-24-2015 10:46 PM