Looking for a good txt app

sx4dude2013

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
So I have my note 5 and I love it. I have tried textra and I don't like it. I'm looking for something similar to iPhone txt message. Where the screen lights up from the lock screen when a txt arrives. A FLUID quick reply option would be nice too :)

Any ideas on a simple txt app that works well with the note?

What are you using on your note?

Posted via the Android Central App

itsnotmeitsyou

Feb 9, 2014
Visit site
Which carrier are you with? Just an FYI if you're with Tmobile, I've never had luck with 3rd party messaging apps. On every phone I've had, and every messaging app I've tried, they will start to delay sending and receiving texts or just fail completely.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

Last edited:

co.ag.2005

Aug 28, 2010
Visit site
I know you said you didn't like Textra, but it has the ability to wake your lock screen and you can have a floating notification (similar to an unlocked iPhone), tap that notification and it brings up a reply window.

jmy7213

Aug 18, 2012
Visit site
Has anyone figured out how to store a signature in stock messaging? I can't for the life of me find it.

Sent from my Galaxy Note V 64gb

sx4dude2013

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Who is your carrier?

Im on verizon wireless.
I will mess with textra settings but so far I haven't been Impressed :(
I had to go in and block the stock messenger notification in app settings cause I was getting double. I just want a simply, easy, quick reply on the lock screen and also while I'm using the phone.

I briefly used Google Messenger but didn't see an option to turn on the display for incoming text messages when the phone was locked?

SCXR

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
The stock messaging app works well few me. While in the messaging app, choose settings, notifications, and then turn on preview message.

co.ag.2005

Aug 28, 2010
Visit site
Im on verizon wireless.
I will mess with textra settings but so far I haven't been Impressed :(
I had to go in and block the stock messenger notification in app settings cause I was getting double. I just want a simply, easy, quick reply on the lock screen and also while I'm using the phone.

I briefly used Google Messenger but didn't see an option to turn on the display for incoming text messages when the phone was locked?

Did you not set Textra as default app? If you do that, you won't get double. I do like Google Messenger app as well but Textra bc all threads are the same color/theme. Messenger has each thread a different color.

Posted via my Note 5

dridas

Aug 15, 2015
Visit site
If you are on VZW have you tried the Verizon messenger app. It's a red messenger icon. Might be the one you are talking about, but stock Android messenger is different. If should have came with your phone.

co.ag.2005

Aug 28, 2010
Visit site
Last edited:

rsohne

Sep 26, 2011
Visit site
I am on AT&T. I haven't used it for awhile. I just liked the look of it when I bought it. It was one of the better looking sms apps at the time.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk