So I have my note 5 and I love it. I have tried textra and I don't like it. I'm looking for something similar to iPhone txt message. Where the screen lights up from the lock screen when a txt arrives. A FLUID quick reply option would be nice too

Any ideas on a simple txt app that works well with the note?

What are you using on your note?

Posted via the Android Central App
    08-23-2015 04:35 PM
    Google messenger?

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk
    08-23-2015 04:36 PM
    Who is your carrier?

08-23-2015 04:48 PM
    Just switched back to Android and really liking Google Messenger
    ladyc0524 likes this.
    08-23-2015 04:49 PM
    Which carrier are you with? Just an FYI if you're with Tmobile, I've never had luck with 3rd party messaging apps. On every phone I've had, and every messaging app I've tried, they will start to delay sending and receiving texts or just fail completely.

08-23-2015 04:49 PM
    I know you said you didn't like Textra, but it has the ability to wake your lock screen and you can have a floating notification (similar to an unlocked iPhone), tap that notification and it brings up a reply window.
    stanleybb50 likes this.
    08-23-2015 04:53 PM

Posted via my Note 5
    Attached Thumbnails Looking for a good txt app-2587.jpg  
    08-23-2015 04:54 PM
    I used Textra for a while and ended up back to stock messages.
    08-23-2015 04:55 PM
    Has anyone figured out how to store a signature in stock messaging? I can't for the life of me find it.

Sent from my Galaxy Note V 64gb
    08-23-2015 05:07 PM
    Who is your carrier?

Im on verizon wireless.
    I will mess with textra settings but so far I haven't been Impressed
    I had to go in and block the stock messenger notification in app settings cause I was getting double. I just want a simply, easy, quick reply on the lock screen and also while I'm using the phone.

I briefly used Google Messenger but didn't see an option to turn on the display for incoming text messages when the phone was locked?
    08-23-2015 05:11 PM
    Chomp sms
    08-23-2015 05:11 PM
    Google messenger?

I second this.

Posted via Android Central App (Moto X)
    08-23-2015 05:20 PM
    Check out Evolve SMS . Its a real good looking app.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...oid.evolve_sms

08-23-2015 05:21 PM
    Google messenger?

I second this.

Posted via Android Central App (Moto X)
    I am another for this --- I am really liking Google Messenger.
    08-23-2015 05:38 PM
    My order. Google Msg, Hangouts, AwSms, Chomp sms,Hello sms, Textra, evolve sms
    08-23-2015 05:38 PM
    The stock messaging app works well few me. While in the messaging app, choose settings, notifications, and then turn on preview message.

08-23-2015 05:46 PM
    Im on verizon wireless.
    I had to go in and block the stock messenger notification in app settings cause I was getting double. I just want a simply, easy, quick reply on the lock screen and also while I'm using the phone.

I briefly used Google Messenger but didn't see an option to turn on the display for incoming text messages when the phone was locked?
    Did you not set Textra as default app? If you do that, you won't get double. I do like Google Messenger app as well but Textra bc all threads are the same color/theme. Messenger has each thread a different color.

Posted via my Note 5
    08-23-2015 05:51 PM
    If you are on VZW have you tried the Verizon messenger app. It's a red messenger icon. Might be the one you are talking about, but stock Android messenger is different. If should have came with your phone.

08-23-2015 05:54 PM
    Check out Evolve SMS . Its a real good looking app.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...oid.evolve_sms

I love the UI and behavior of this app, but it seems like some VZW users had MMS issues. What carrier are you using?

EDIT: never mind. It rotates vertical pictures to horizontal when sending (similar to the old Hangouts bug). Deal breaker for me

Posted via my Note 5
    08-23-2015 05:56 PM
    I am on AT&T. I haven't used it for awhile. I just liked the look of it when I bought it. It was one of the better looking sms apps at the time.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk
    08-23-2015 05:58 PM
    Im on verizon wireless.

I'm also with Verizon. You should spend a little time learning about the Verizon Messenger plus. It is the default texting app on your Verizon Note.

It is endlessly customizable, the background can be any photo you want it to be. You have several choices for text box styles along with colors for sender and receivers. You can have a pop-up on the home screen and even on the lock screen. It will also tell you when your message was delivered and can be used on WiFi. It can also be installed on a tablet and/or PC so you can continue your conversation from your desktop.

Take a little time to learn what it can do and I think you will see, it is a lot more than most people realize.

Harlemknight likes this.
    08-23-2015 06:04 PM
    I'm also with Verizon. You should spend a little time learning about the Verizon Messenger plus. It is the default texting app on your Verizon Note.

It is endlessly customizable, the background can be any photo you want it to be. You have several choices for text box styles along with colors for sender and receivers. You can have a pop-up on the home screen and even on the lock screen. It will also tell you when your message was delivered and can be used on WiFi. It can also be installed on a tablet and/or PC so you can continue your conversation from your desktop.

Take a little time to learn what it can do and I think you will see, it is a lot more than most people realize.

Deleted textra and gonna try verizon. Never thought it might be good. As long as it wakes my phone while its locked we will be good
    Ry likes this.
    08-23-2015 06:30 PM