I'm seriously considering upgrading to the Note 5 from an iPhone 5s. I told myself I was going to wait and totally pay off my phone till April 2016, sell my phone then buy a Moto X Pure or 2015 Nexus and leave Verizon.

So right now I'm paying $37/month payment for my 5s 32gb that I bought a year ago. So before the iPhone 6 was released. Stupid decision I know. So that's why I'm reluctant to upgrade now. Even getting a 64gb Note 5 would be $4/month cheaper than what I'm paying now.

Does anyone think this is a wise decision or should I just continue with my iPhone until it's paid off?

I'm on verizon and may just wait to see what my new payment will be next month after switching to the new data plans. We also have two lines on our plan and my wife just upgraded to the iPhone 6.
    08-23-2015 09:28 PM
    First off, the Note 5 is awesome! I am coming from a Note 4 and I take back all things I complained about before the Note 5 came out. Yes, you should "Try" the Note 5. It is definitely a lot better than the iPhone 5s, and if you don't like it take it back. Buy a cheap phone to trade in and get the 200 dollar credit. But keep the 5s in case you don't like the note 5. If you use the credit to put down on the phone, it might be even less than 34 a month.

Posted via the Android Central App
    08-23-2015 09:45 PM
    I'm seriously considering upgrading to the Note 5 from an iPhone 5s.
    Keep watching this site and you might be able to test drive a Note 5 for free (well, near free, $1) for 30 days.

http://promo.samsungpromotions.com/ultimatetestdrive/
    djroy03 likes this.
    08-23-2015 09:52 PM
    I went from the Note 4 to the S6, to the iPhone 6 Plus, then to the Note 5. I can honestly say this is the smoothest phone I have ever used. It's the first Android phone I've had that has that smooth and snappy feel of iOS.

I have owned about 25 Android phones since 2008 and never buy cases or screen protectors. After using this phone for a day, I went on Amazon and purchase both. I will be keeping this one for a while. Probably until the next Note.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk
    08-23-2015 09:59 PM
    Go with the Note. It is a better phone and you can do more with it.

Posted from my Galaxy Note 5
    08-23-2015 10:13 PM
    First off, the Note 5 is awesome! I am coming from a Note 4 and I take back all things I complained about before the Note 5 came out. Yes, you should "Try" the Note 5. It is definitely a lot better than the iPhone 5s, and if you don't like it take it back. Buy a cheap phone to trade in and get the 200 dollar credit. But keep the 5s in case you don't like the note 5. If you use the credit to put down on the phone, it might be even less than 34 a month.

Posted via the Android Central App
    The problem with early edge on verizon, I have to trade in my 5s in order to upgrade so I wouldn't be able to keep it.

I did see the promotion to test drive the Note 5. Not until I saw the awesome battery life that people are getting did I consider getting this phone.

Is it better to get the 64gb version than the 32gb? On Verizon it's $33 vs $29 a month. I'm thinking absolutely. But then I think about the overall price of the phone compared to the price of the Moto X pure. The 32gb Moto X will be $449 vs $800 for the 64gb N5. Is it really worth the extra money? If I factor in the amount I can sell my phone for in April,$200, that brings the cost of the Moto X down to $249. I really don't know what to do.
    08-24-2015 03:19 AM
    Well I picked up my Note 5 yesterday and I absolutely love it. It's taken me a little while to reacquaint myself with android. After only a year on ios you'd think I'd be able to hop right back in where I left off. It's funny how much we can get use to certain ways of doing things. Oh and I love typing text on this compared to my iPhone 5s with a 4" screen. Autocorrect is so much better and I have less mistakes and typos.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
    debdroid1a and Harlemknight like this.
    08-27-2015 07:11 AM