11-02-2016 10:33 AM
54 123
tools
    Thanks for the effort in trying to help... I appreciate it.
    09-08-2015 12:12 PM
    I meant the notification. I use my phone primarily for business and I hate useless notifications. The only notification I want on my phone are Incoming Text messages, Email, Voice messages and Call log or missed calls. I should be able to accomplish this with every phone - in my opinion. Being bombarded with advertisements on just about every web page you go to, getting emails from every web site you sign in to (and pretty much all websites require "signing in" now...) I come from an iPhone where I also had all notification disabled besides the ones provided above. I realized that while starting up a Tmobile purchased Note 5, there are about 20 pre-installed apps that also provide you with those "useful" notification throughout the day.... The more the merrier I guess...

Of course some people might like them, some people don't care about them, some people don't know what to do about them and are simply forced to click or swipe to dismiss them every 20, 30 min. It is a waste of time to me, It is a waste of thought, waste of brain power (as little as it requires)...

I tak pics of properties throughout Chicago on just about daily basis... This pointless Video highlight feature puts my personal pics with pics of properties in a "highlight".... What exactly am I supposed to do with that highlight video... Other than delete it every day because it gets created without my intent or desire.

The feature of being able to create Video highlights is cool within the phone, but for the phone to create these highlights by itself, in no logical order or picture selection..... Forcing people do dismiss the notification and then again forcing them do delete the created file itself..... Stupid, pointless and time consuming...

But this is just my opinion...
    Yup, I can totally understand that in your situation. Hopefully you can find a way to disable them.
    09-08-2015 12:41 PM
    I am more worried about the battery drain this is probably causing since is it rendering a video in the background rather than the notification that comes up. Do you need root to use the Package Disabler program?
    10-05-2015 11:41 AM
    I am more worried about the battery drain this is probably causing since is it rendering a video in the background rather than the notification that comes up. Do you need root to use the Package Disabler program?
    Not according to the app description. $1.95.
    10-05-2015 04:22 PM
    No, you don't need root to use Package Disabler.
    10-05-2015 04:23 PM
    Rtuser

Well it seems that my possible solution, didn't work at all, I still get the video highlights alerts, sometimes not till the next morning. It's stupid not to be able to disable it, but it's also not that bad as I went on vacation recently and it put all the pics I took together and made a nice photo album
    10-06-2015 07:25 AM
    This happens to me but it's the google photos app that is doing it.

Note 5 is DOPE
    10-06-2015 07:58 AM
    This happens to me but it's the google photos app that is doing it.

Note 5 is DOPE
    I went into Google Photos>Settings and turned off "suggest new creations." Hope that does it and thanks for your post.
    zmann likes this.
    10-06-2015 08:47 AM
    Hey there guys,
    I am so glad I found this thread; I have the same ridiculous notification annoy the living hell outta me every morning on my otherwise sexy, edgy, shiny S6 edge+... GRRR!😠 I mean, who even comes up with such stupid stuff, especially w/ o an option to disable it? Ugh. Anyway, on my way to install the aforementioned package disabler. Will make sure to let you all know how this turns out...
    10-14-2015 08:34 AM
    I'm having the problem as well. Annoying as hell, in fact.
    10-19-2015 02:59 PM
    I'm having the exact same problem. I've spent a lot of time on the phone with Verizon and they haven't been able to figure it out. They called Samsung and the suggestion they made didn't work either. In the meantime, they have accidentally disabled something I was using and enjoyed...and I can't figure out how to get that back. I'm going to escalate this with Verizon on Monday. I love this phone but the video highlights file being created everyday is driving me crazy! Hope we're able to find a solution soon.
    10-31-2015 04:49 AM
    Same problem here, sadly dont see any way to disable it etc, think at this point we can only hope Marshmallow 6.0 drops this feature
    11-02-2015 06:18 AM
    Solution is to use Package Disabler Pro as suggested on Page 1 post #17 http://forums.androidcentral.com/sam...ml#post4669632

Along with getting rid of the annoying Video Highlights, Package Disabler Pro lets you (without rooting) disable bloatware that you cannot otherwise disable via the application menu.
    11-02-2015 07:49 AM
    You said it for me. Hopefully the promised Marshmallow app control will allow axing this intrusive crap natively.
    11-13-2015 12:29 PM
    We shouldn't have to pay $ to get rid of an annoyance like this on a $900 device...
    11-13-2015 12:33 PM
    You said it for me. Hopefully the promised Marshmallow app control will allow axing this intrusive crap natively.
    01-03-2016 08:20 AM
    Its a GOOGLE PHOTOS issue Not android issue .
    Go to Google Photos>Settings>Assistant Cards>UNCHECK

Also, UNCHECK>REDISCOVER THIS DAY
    01-03-2016 08:25 AM
    We shouldn't have to pay $ to get rid of an annoyance like this on a $900 device...

anon(605125) likes this.
    01-03-2016 08:26 AM
    Same problem here, sadly dont see any way to disable it etc, think at this point we can only hope Marshmallow 6.0 drops this feature
    01-03-2016 08:28 AM

Nope. I disabled that long long ago and I still get these stupid things.

And it's not just an annoyance peoples. It's taking up space from our already limited storage space.

Hopefully the Package Disabler Pro solution will work.
    01-08-2016 06:44 AM
    Don't think I've seen this suggestion. Of course, I found it after I got that disable pro. There's 2 bucks gone. Damn it.
    In gallery, upper left, click drop down (Time, Albums ,Events, Categories). Click Events. Upper right click More. Event settings. There you go. Turn off auto create events and image suggestions.
    Not sure if it'll work, like I said I bought that disable pro. Clicked them.off anyways.

Again, apologies if this was suggested.
    03-26-2016 10:03 PM
    Never even heard of this problem. Strange.

Posted via the Android Central App
    03-26-2016 10:24 PM
    Go to the event tab, rather than your gallery. More settings. Turn off auto create event.
    Anyone found a fix for this?

Posted via the Android Central App
    04-05-2016 04:30 PM
    Not sure if a solution was posted but this is how to disable it.
    Go to Gallery.
    In the top left-hand Corner hit the drop-down Arrow then select events.
    Then the top right-hand menu select more, events, event settings, turn off the auto create eventsome toggle switch.
    BAM!
    zmann likes this.
    04-07-2016 04:30 PM
    Just in case the developers are reading this, I actually love this feature! The music and pictures my phone picks to put together are amazing!
    05-12-2016 05:12 PM
54 123