How do I disable the video event that gets auto created from the gallery

sfla99

Apr 21, 2013
Visit site
Hi all,

I can't remember the name of it, but each few days it seems if I take a lot of photos an event is made and it's a video with zooming stills and music in the back ground.

How can I turn this feature off?

Thanks

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

lyingfromyou

May 5, 2011
Visit site
I believe it was Facebook that did that... I uploaded and tagged a few pics and it was showing me a memories video with the recent pictures

sfla99

Apr 21, 2013
Visit site
No the actual Samsung gallery is creating moments videos with music behind them, I do not ant them but can't figure out where the setting is to get rid of them ;)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

wwbubba0069

Mar 7, 2013
Visit site
I came here to ask the same question.

Got my Note 5 on Friday, and every morning I have woke up to a notification it has generated this slideshow of the images I took the day before. Bit annoying actually.

Rtuser1

Sep 1, 2015
Visit site
Has anyone found an answer to this?
I have the same problem. I teied calling samsung about it, going to best buy samsung rep., going to tmobile where I bought the phone and no luck.
I hard reset the phone and it seemed like it went away, now after 2 days it is back.
Apps notification of something i don't use every day.

Posted via the Android Central App

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Has anyone found an answer to this?
I have the same problem. I teied calling samsung about it, going to best buy samsung rep., going to tmobile where I bought the phone and no luck.
I hard reset the phone and it seemed like it went away, now after 2 days it is back.
Apps notification of something i don't use every day.

Posted via the Android Central App

What did Samsung tell you?

StevenJ_AK

May 9, 2014
Visit site
So from what I can figure out is that the video highlights is part of the gallery but they are under the events tab on the upper left. The gallery automatically groups the photos together there by time and place taken and then there's a "suggestion" for the video highlights. There's no where to shut it off but maybe when you get the notification next time you can shut that particular one off?

Rtuser1

Sep 1, 2015
Visit site
What did Samsung tell you?

We spent a little bit of time trouble shooting this issue and at the end they said they have no idea of what is going on. They advised me to go to Best Buy so one of their reps can try to solve it. That didn't do anything....

The weird thing is that after Hard Resetting the phone and setting it up as new, the issue was gone for 2 days. Out of nowhere today it came back again....

You can trigger the problem by going to Apps Manager in Settings and clearing Data and Cache for Camera App and Gallery App...
Then take a series of shots and wait for the stupid popup to show up.

I just found a process called com.sec.android.ofviewer in Application Manager in Settings and I disabled notifications for it.

For about 3 hrs I have not gotten a Video Highlight notification, I hope this fixes the issue... Will keep you posted.

Rtuser1

Sep 1, 2015
Visit site
So from what I can figure out is that the video highlights is part of the gallery but they are under the events tab on the upper left. The gallery automatically groups the photos together there by time and place taken and then there's a "suggestion" for the video highlights. There's no where to shut it off but maybe when you get the notification next time you can shut that particular one off?

I thought about that too but the issue is that you cannot disable notifications for GALLERY in APPLICATION MANAGER. It is permanently enabled by system...

NOPE - that didn't do anything..... PROBLEM STILL THERE

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
We spent a little bit of time trouble shooting this issue and at the end they said they have no idea of what is going on. They advised me to go to Best Buy so one of their reps can try to solve it. That didn't do anything....

The weird thing is that after Hard Resetting the phone and setting it up as new, the issue was gone for 2 days. Out of nowhere today it came back again....

You can trigger the problem by going to Apps Manager in Settings and clearing Data and Cache for Camera App and Gallery App...
Then take a series of shots and wait for the stupid popup to show up.

I just found a process called com.sec.android.ofviewer in Application Manager in Settings and I disabled notifications for it.

For about 3 hrs I have not gotten a Video Highlight notification, I hope this fixes the issue... Will keep you posted.

If it happens again, ask Samsung to escalate your issue and get you to a higher tech group and they will give you a ticket number and that will trigger it to go higher.

JanShim

Sep 3, 2015
Visit site
unnamed.jpg

The annoying 'video highlight' is a Samsung thing and I found the service and app that creates them on a daily basis or right after you've taken some number of pictures. I don't remember if the app and video entries are visible in Application Manager but I have them disabled along with dozens of other bundled apps and services using Package Disabler Pro.

Rtuser1

Sep 1, 2015
Visit site
I never found a fix for it. I thought it was maybe my phone that had this issue so i went back to Tmobile and exchanged the phone. New phone has the same issue. Since I complained to Samsung about the issue someone from samsung has called me back as a courtesy follow up call, saying that they have tested several phones and they all do the same thing. They said no fix for it at the moment, and they dont know what is causing it.

JanShim, i will try your solution, thanks for posting this....

PEOPLE PLEASE CALL SAMSUNG HELP AND COMPLAIN ABOU THIS!!!!

I CAN'T BELIEVE they made such a great phone as the Note 5 and implemented something This ridiculously stupid...

JanShim

Sep 3, 2015
Visit site
com.samsung.app.highlightplayer and com.samsung.app.highlightvideo are the definite culprits. If I remember correctly they're both hidden so it's impossible to remove them without the help of an app to disable them. I happen to have a screenshot of the apps I discovered before using Package Disabler Pro and did not see an entry remotely resembling "video highlights"

Screenshot_2015-08-20-13-05-00.jpg

Last edited:

Rtuser1

Sep 1, 2015
Visit site
com.samsung.app.highlightplayer and com.samsung.app.highlightvideo are the definite culprits. If I remember correctly they're both hidden so it's impossible to remove them without the help of an app to disable them. I happen to have a screenshot of the apps I discovered before using Package Disabler Pro and did not see an entry remotely resembling "video highlights"

View attachment 195550

You are absolutely correct again JanShim! I went through all apps and processes visible in Application Manager and found nothing that had " Video Highlight" in it. I downloaded PACKAGE DISABLER PRO the other day and there it is....

I am going to call Samsung right now and advise them on what needs to be disabled so that stupid process and popup gets disabled.... Since they claim they don't know what is causing it.

dsignori

Jun 25, 2010
Visit site
You are absolutely correct again JanShim! I went through all apps and processes visible in Application Manager and found nothing that had " Video Highlight" in it. I downloaded PACKAGE DISABLER PRO the other day and there it is....

I am going to call Samsung right now and advise them on what needs to be disabled so that stupid process and popup gets disabled.... Since they claim they don't know what is causing it.

What "popup"? Do you mean the item in the notification tray? I've never gotten a popup though. What problem is this causing actually? I agree that there should be a way to disable it, but I like that is does this actually, it seems pretty cool to me. You don't have to save any of them ...

pdub73

Dec 29, 2010
Visit site
Hey all, this happened to me a few days ago and after reading this thread tried to make it happen again but it didn't, because I disabled my location tags in the camera settings...I turned it back on, took 7 pictures and then the video highlights returned, see if this works.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nayminthuyain888