Need a new wireless charger - advice

sx4dude2013

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
So this OEM free Samsung charger is not working. It will charge for 2 minutes and then stop. Not sure if it's placement or what. I've tried with and without a case.

1) what other charger do you guys recommend?

2) any issues with using another charger? I don't want excessive heat.

I'm trying not to spend too much but simply want a charger that will work and always charge my phone.

I also want something larger than a hockey puck style that is known to work with Samsung's :)

Thanks! Need to get something asap cause I hate USB charging

Posted via the Android Central App

mhunter6378

May 15, 2013
Visit site
I ordered this one made by Spigen. Should have it in a day or two. I've tried the small one that I got free with the phone and it stops charging during the night. I'm presently using the larger qi charger Samsung used to sell and it works but the phone will slide around on it. Hoping this upright style will work better. It also has three coils allowing for better charger contact with the phone and no so finicky about placement. http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00UG...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUacUvbUpU4631318

Connert

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site
I have this one coming, should be here tomorrow. I plan to use it next to my bed because I like to use my phone as my alarm clock. I'll post back in a day or two if this works well.

Attachments

• 693.jpg
    693.jpg
    28.4 KB · Views: 170

sx4dude2013

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
I ordered this one made by Spigen. Should have it in a day or two. I've tried the small one that I got free with the phone and it stops charging during the night. I'm presently using the larger qi charger Samsung used to sell and it works but the phone will slide around on it. Hoping this upright style will work better. It also has three coils allowing for better charger contact with the phone and no so finicky about placement. http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00UG...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUacUvbUpU4631599

I don't know why the Samsung one messes up? :( it's a common problem :(

Wildo6882

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
Yeah, I was reading through a thread about failed wireless charging. I was dead set on this phone until I heard that. But I may get one and try it out with what I have at home. I'd love to hear from people who've gotten the charging to work correctly. I want this to be my next phone.

mhunter6378

May 15, 2013
Visit site
Yeah, I was reading through a thread about failed wireless charging. I was dead set on this phone until I heard that. But I may get one and try it out with what I have at home. I'd love to hear from people who've gotten the charging to work correctly. I want this to be my next phone.

It's not the phone, it's the free charger that's coming with them in the current promotion. Not everyone is experiencing this issue. I am, but I have a different qi charger bought through Samsung over a year ago that works fine with the phone. It's a great phone, the free charger not so much, at least in my case.

Wildo6882

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
It's not the phone, it's the free charger that's coming with them in the current promotion. Not everyone is experiencing this issue. I am, but I have a different qi charger bought through Samsung over a year ago that works fine with the phone. It's a great phone, the free charger not so much, at least in my case.
A friend of mine said he has some issues with a Nokia charger. And there are people claiming issue with other chargers over on XDA. I wonder what it is?

bojackr1

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
So this OEM free Samsung charger is not working. It will charge for 2 minutes and then stop. Not sure if it's placement or what. I've tried with and without a case.

1) what other charger do you guys recommend?

2) any issues with using another charger? I don't want excessive heat.

I'm trying not to spend too much but simply want a charger that will work and always charge my phone.

I also want something larger than a hockey puck style that is known to work with Samsung's :)

Thanks! Need to get something asap cause I hate USB charging

I use this with my Note 5! Works great. I got it durng their Black Friday sale for $25 so I got a great deal but its still worth every penny even at full retail price!

Attachments

• 629.jpg
    629.jpg
    30.8 KB · Views: 130
Last edited:

mhunter6378

May 15, 2013
Visit site
A friend of mine said he has some issues with a Nokia charger. And there are people claiming issue with other chargers over on XDA. I wonder what it is?

I haven't seen any reports outside of this forum but have not looked either. In the past I've seen reports of various phones and compatibility issues with various chargers. I've always just attributed that to wireless charging being somewhat finicky and their respective coils lining up properly. I have a Nokia qi charger at home, I'll have to give it a try.

bojackr1

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
I haven't seen any reports outside of this forum but have not looked either. In the past I've seen reports of various phones and compatibility issues with various chargers. I've always just attributed that to wireless charging being somewhat finicky and their respective coils lining up properly. I have a Nokia qi charger at home, I'll have to give it a try.

I've found that most of the time when using a wireless charger you have to find the "sweet spot" with the TYLT Vu charger you don't have to, just drop it on there and look for the status light at the bottom to turn green.

Wildo6882

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
That's the one I have. Let me know if you have success with it. I'd prefer to not have to run around hunting the perfect charger for this phone. Thanks!

sx4dude2013

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
I ended up getting a charger from Amazon. The chochtech 3 coil charger. I didn't want the stand style. it should be here Wednesday :) fingers crossed. and my new case should be here tomorrow :) pics to come

mhunter6378

May 15, 2013
Visit site
That's the one I have. Let me know if you have success with it. I'd prefer to not have to run around hunting the perfect charger for this phone. Thanks!

Ok so when I got home I had 73% battery remaining. Put the phone on the Nokia DT-900 at 3:55. It stayed connected and was charged to 100% at 4:55, one hour for 27%. While not a conclusive test given the amount of charge needed and the time it took, it did at least stayed charging the entire time in contrast to what I experienced with the free qi charger I got when I bought my phone. Hope this help.

Wildo6882

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
Ok so when I got home I had 73% battery remaining. Put the phone on the Nokia DT-900 at 3:55. It stayed connected and was charged to 100% at 4:55, one hour for 27%. While not a conclusive test given the amount of charge needed and the time it took, it did at least stayed charging the entire time in contrast to what I experienced with the free qi charger I got when I bought my phone. Hope this help.
That sounds much better than what I've been hearing. Thanks for the update!

johnmcd348

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
Where is the free charger offer? I was thinking of buying those wireless charger antennas for my wife and son's S5 and S4 phones so we could do away with some of the cables all over the house.

MeridianSun

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
I ordered this one made by Spigen. Should have it in a day or two. I've tried the small one that I got free with the phone and it stops charging during the night. I'm presently using the larger qi charger Samsung used to sell and it works but the phone will slide around on it. Hoping this upright style will work better. It also has three coils allowing for better charger contact with the phone and no so finicky about placement. http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00UG...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUacUvbUpU4632782
I got this charger and it works great. I wake up with 100% charge.

Sent from my Note 5 using tapatalk

johnmcd348

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
OH OK. I got mine through Sprint.

I'm looking for a large scale charging pad. We had one of the early Energizer(Non-Qi) models a few years back the my son used to recharge his Wi remotes and liked it.

Do they make any decent ones that will charge more than 1 phone? I found 1 3 coil pad on Amazon but it was more so that it doesn't require exact positioning to charge, not for multiple devices.