07-03-2016 07:12 AM
40 12
    I was a bit hesitant on this issue too, but I picked up a 64 gb USB OTG drive that fits on my key chain.
    08-26-2015 09:51 AM
    Moderator Note: Please keep the thread on topic. This is not going to devolve into a debate about SD cards, pengate, etc. There were other threads for those discussions - this is not one of them.
    Almeuit and tadpoles like this.
    08-26-2015 10:36 AM
    I can honestly say that this phone is the best overall phone I have ever owned.

I have owned the Note 1,2,and 3 before and each were very good devices and for one reason or another I was lured away from the series is hopes of finding the perfect phone. That never happened, since I had refused to give any phone without a removable SD card a good chance until my last phone which was the s6 Active.

I had a couple Windows phones and even a iPhone for a little while and then went back to Android with a HTC m8,and moved on to the LG g4..... and thought everything was excellent until a very nasty issue popped up with it and grabbed the s6 Active as a last resort. I figured that I might as well have a rugged phone with a great camera and it is that and a hellof a lot more, but... I wanted more internal memory and while it is a awesome phone I was just not 100% satisfied. I learned all about the external SD card solutions really quick but that old hardheadedness wouldn't go away until I read and re-read Andrews article about the Note 5 several times. I asked myself could I be perfectly happy with a 64 gig Note and a external SD card and the resounding answer was yes. I had already learned about the latest Touch Wiz from the Active and it's not as bad as most people believe. But could I learn to love it's fingerprint magnetic glass back... Well let's not go to far because even though it is top of the line it is what it is and for my own personal opinion there are better solutions to be had.

When my son insisted on having my working Active I put him off a few days to go and really look for a replacement or even another Active. Then Andrew wrote his article here and I had to go see for myself.

That was 2 weeks ago and the time has flown by. I have found a nearly perfect phone. It's not waterproof, but waterproof cases are available. It's got a glass back that draws fingerprints and smudges like a moth to a flame, but I have a awesome minimal leather case for it and I don't even see them anymore.

OK it's got a fixed battery and that really is the pits right... Not really because I can get a fast charging battery pack for it right from Samsung and never worry about being out of power for normal use.

The camera on the s6 Active was excellent, the camera on the Note 5 is even better. I am sure it will catch up sometime but when is the question.

The spen.. I love it and had forgotten how much but taking notes on it without having to unlock it makes it a no brainer now.

I like many others here seem like fan boys and that isn't it at all, it's just that this phone is all that and more. I am still po'd at Samsung for removing the SD card, and I know some have said it was because they wouldn't work with the newer controller, if that is truly the case they need to improve the interface and make it super easy to use the external setups and not just the cloud.

Having 2 of the free themes from Samsung's store running on top of Nova Prime, coupled with the Package Disabler makes this as close to a custom rom without rooting as you can get.

It's fast, beautiful, useful, and sounds great,with the display which looks awesome and it has a spen to use. I honestly don't know how it could be any better for me.

Samsung has built a near perfect phone that actually seems smaller than many but has a bigger display.

Yup I too love this phone

Posted from my AT&T 64 gig black Galaxy Note 5
    09-06-2015 03:41 PM
    09-06-2015 05:14 PM
    Got mine this afternoon MDM - thanks for all your input!
    09-06-2015 11:50 PM
    Got mine this afternoon MDM - thanks for all your input!
    Your Welcome...

Posted from my AT&T 64 gig black Galaxy Note 5
    09-07-2015 12:03 AM
    I was dead set against Samsung and Android but I fell in love with the Note 5 and bought one a week ago. I can't put this thing down!!!
    07-01-2016 11:24 AM
    I was dead set against Samsung and Android but I fell in love with the Note 5 and bought one a week ago. I can't put this thing down!!!
    Riki, I just got mine a week or so ago as well. I also have the s7 but broke the screen. So I decided to get something bigger. I have the gold one with a clear case on it and a tempered glass screen protector! I'm loving it so far!!!

Posted via the Android Central App
    07-01-2016 02:41 PM
    I've had my Note 5 since October. Absolutely loving it. My only complaint is the slow updates from AT&T.

Posted via the Samsung Galaxy Note 5
    07-01-2016 02:46 PM
    Thoroughly love my Note 5. Makes my Note 4 feel like a brick. (Still have a quiet respect for the Note 3. Quite a phone.) I can handle the battery issue by using a battery case when needed. SD card is not necessary as 64 gigs is sufficient for my needs.

I have had all the Notes and the 5 has finally overcome the lag problem.

But I need an IR blaster and hdl compatibility to cast to my TV. I'm aware of the alternatives and they are all inferior. Cannot comprehend why these features were eliminated.

Would very much like an option whereby I could listen to my TV through my phone earphones and eliminate keeping my wife up by the need to raise the volume. Just a thought.

Will be purchasing the Note 6 on release. Cannot ever use a phone without a stylus and related software.

My biggest problem with the nonremovable battery is twofold. First, the battery is eventually going to go bad which will most probably require some protracted replacement procedure. My Note 4 keeps plugging along and I expect to be purchasing batteries and going on forever. Next, pulling a battery essentially cures a myriad of problems that sometimes a factory reset will not remedy. Had an IPOD go bad because it got confused and I believe I could have cured it with a battery pull. Instead, it sits there inert and useless after less than a year's use.

Don't see switching from the best Samsung device available. But I can understand people being seduced by the Oneplus+3 and similar inexpensive offerings from the People's Republic.
    07-01-2016 11:43 PM
    A couple of months ago, my wife needed to upgrade out of her HTC one into something that suited her. She had been eyeballing my note 5 ever since I had my minimalist leather case on it and how slick the s-pen worked.

I made a switch to a LG v10 and gave her my note.

While the v10 does have a removable battery and SD card along with a awesome DAC and camera.... It's not a Note. It is a good phone but it just doesn't match up in everything that the note has going for it. Sure there are some little things that are annoying, but the same thing with the v10.

Someone started a thread and asked if the 5 is still worth buying and I can honestly say yes it is. The fit and finish is still better than any other phone I have seen including the new s7 variants and I owned a AT&T s7edge briefly and should have just got a 5, instead of another v10 but didn't...

Bottom line the note 5 even with it's lack of SD card and removable battery to me is the best note yet and leaps and bounds above most others.

I hope that Samsung makes a non-edge version with the better Soc and DAC for the US

So I just use my wife's 5 when I can... Lol

revtech likes this.
    07-02-2016 11:55 AM
    Can I ask which minimalist leather case you have?

07-02-2016 01:23 PM
    The Pierre Cardin case..

Love it BTW..

You can get them cheaper on eBay if you look for them but I have always had good luck with Amazon and get it a lot quicker..

07-02-2016 03:30 PM
    The Pierre Cardin case..

Love it BTW..

You can get them cheaper on eBay if you look for them but I have always had good luck with Amazon and get it a lot quicker..

I can agree. I have this case and love it. Just an FYI, it scratches very easily.
    07-02-2016 10:11 PM
    The light brown one does, but the black leather has worn like iron for me and you can hardly tell it's used.

I use a good leather conditioner on mine before using it and it helps

07-03-2016 07:12 AM
40 12