How do I switch from Note 4 to 5? (Note 4 currently has 196GB of data on a 200GB MicroSDXC card, 27gb on internal memory)

I only want a white 64gb VZW Note 5, which nobody sells yet. (actually, I want the 128gb version, but it appears that Samsung will not sell one in the US, on VZW or otherwise)

Is there a really tiny MicroUSB OTG dongle with 200GB of memory. I've searched everywhere but but the biggest one I've seen only has 64gb. There is one 128gb OTG thingy, but it's made by a no-name company selling it on an auction website.
    08-24-2015 01:23 PM
    The biggest I've seen is 128 on the dongle. I guess you could cloud the rest.

Or figure out if ya really need to cart that much data around at one time, I mean for a card that has only been out for a couple montha, you sure filled it up quick. Wow. I couldn't imagine that much stuff. But I don't carry music and videos on my card, as I fulfill my needs between amazon prime music and video, pandora, netflix and vudu and most recently spotify(although I'm learning, I think spotify sucks)

Sent from my:

Beautiful Note V
    64 GB
    Black Sapphire
    Paired with Samsung Gear 2 Neo
    Sprint PCS
    Andrey Nazarchuk and MadAtMax like this.
    08-24-2015 01:38 PM
    I carry this USB 3.0 OTG drive with all my stuff. Personally it is there to pull if I need, I use it more on my laptop or at work than I do with my phone because I have most of my stuff in the cloud or available to me some other way.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...cUvbUpU4632251

I'm torn personally because I'm getting my Note 5 through Costco because of the deal and they have only a 32GB device. Honestly I store more on my phone than I need and just don't clean things off. When I had a Nexus 5, I had a 16GB version and just had a routine for managing things, weekly dumps of podcasts and photos I didn't need. Another person getting the Note 5 on my plan is going to use that OTG Drive above to store the items she has on her phone but don't usually access. If you have a tablet or laptop you carry, the Note 5 also has a lot of features to make it easier to share stuff. Plus something like pushbullet to move it between devices. Cloud storage, such as I have Office 365 which comes with 1TB per user for up to 5 users of Onedrive for $9.99 is a great investment as I've moved that to my normal windows laptop cloud storage and Google Drive/Google Photos are my longterm files that don't change.
    debdroid1a and dsignori like this.
    08-24-2015 03:28 PM
    What do you carry around that needs that much storage?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    08-24-2015 07:09 PM
    Really have to agree with Vamp's question. Mainly because I have a Note 3 and am kind of in the same boat with this question. The key though for me is what uses that mass storage. OTG is good for some things and not for others. What is best to get may depend on your use case. Have you considered a wireless drive like a Seagate satellite drive.

My use case has driven me to just move where I store the content that needs that massive storage. If I get a note 5 my 128GB card is going to move to my Dell Venue pro tab to serve almost the same function it does in my Note 3.

Posted via the Android Central App
    jimd1050 likes this.
    08-24-2015 07:42 PM
    Search out this...

Menova USB otg SD card reader.

Problem solved

Posted from my Galaxy Note 5
    08-24-2015 11:45 PM
    Or just get an OTG USB cable. It's micro USB male and regular USB female. That way you can plug in any thumb drive, microsd, or even unpowered external hdd. Also, they're like $3 a piece instead of $13. Take that $10 and put it towards another microsd or thumb drive.
    debdroid1a likes this.
    08-25-2015 01:14 AM
    Or just get an OTG USB cable. It's micro USB male and regular USB female. That way you can plug in any thumb drive, microsd, or even unpowered external hdd. Also, they're like $3 a piece instead of $13. Take that $10 and put it towards another microsd or thumb drive.
    I did a lot of searching when I had my Active and after buying the dual micro/standard USB flash drive saw those that I posted about. The smaller closer fitting external attachment you have in the micro usb port, the less strain will be put on it, so having a dongle to me, unless always being stationary isn't really a good idea. Sitting at a desk it's not a problem though.

08-25-2015 02:36 AM
    How about just finding a way to not need so much stuff on on your phone? Is it photos? Is it music? I can give you good ideas for both.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk
    08-25-2015 04:09 AM
    I did a lot of searching when I had my Active and after buying the dual micro/standard USB flash drive saw those that I posted about. The smaller closer fitting external attachment you have in the micro usb port, the less strain will be put on it, so having a dongle to me, unless always being stationary isn't really a good idea. Sitting at a desk it's not a problem though.

Along with those issues, not sure why the OP would want to go to the Note 5 IF media is a priority. OTG has weak app integration and can not charge while using. I keep my tunes, game roms (love oldschool) and Gear VR media all in one place, so no need to media juggle or deal with OTG (does not work with Gear VR anyway).

All depends on how and what you use with your device in regards to if the Note 5 is a better fit.
    08-25-2015 07:33 AM
    Along with those issues, not sure why the OP would want to go to the Note 5 IF media is a priority. OTG has weak app integration and can not charge while using. I keep my tunes, game roms (love oldschool) and Gear VR media all in one place, so no need to media juggle or deal with OTG (does not work with Gear VR anyway).

All depends on how and what you use with your device in regards to if the Note 5 is a better fit.
    True, but IMHO the phone is worth the hassle, just as those who have other phones without a SD card slot.

Right now it's the only solution to use.

debdroid1a likes this.
    08-25-2015 08:04 AM
    How do I switch from Note 4 to 5? (Note 4 currently has 196GB of data on a 200GB MicroSDXC card, 27gb on internal memory)

I only want a white 64gb VZW Note 5, which nobody sells yet. (actually, I want the 128gb version, but it appears that Samsung will not sell one in the US, on VZW or otherwise)

Is there a really tiny MicroUSB OTG dongle with 200GB of memory. I've searched everywhere but but the biggest one I've seen only has 64gb. There is one 128gb OTG thingy, but it's made by a no-name company selling it on an auction website.
    What exactly do you have on your phone that is taking that much space up? If you lost your phone right now would you be destroyed all that data is gone? Upload to the cloud is what I do.
    08-25-2015 08:16 AM
    Usb otg, wireless drive are currently the only options.

For the s6,there is a microSD battery case, though none is available on the note 5 now.

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 5
    08-25-2015 08:24 AM
    What exactly do you have on your phone that is taking that much space up? If you lost your phone right now would you be destroyed all that data is gone? Upload to the cloud is what I do.
    Good point. I hope you have that card encrypted along with all the overhead that involves.

08-25-2015 08:50 AM
    Most places that I travel to have no cellular signal from any of the major carriers. I also fly frequently, about 150,000 miles per year.(appx 80k TATL and 70k domestic) Most of the stuff on my phone are videos(720p and 1080p) and music(FLAC).
    08-25-2015 09:41 AM
    Why not carry on Android tablet? Something that allows for an SD card.

08-25-2015 12:05 PM
    True, but IMHO the phone is worth the hassle, just as those who have other phones without a SD card slot.

Right now it's the only solution to use.

Hence no Note 5 for us folks that prefer the convenience Not sure though how the OP has 196gb on a micro sd card. I have a 200gb card and max storage is in the mid 180gb range and technically impossible to have 196gb on a 200gb card. Format parameters take a lot more than 4gb, regardless of formatting exfat, fat, or NTFS.

OP must have made a mistake.

Added: For that matter, the OP shows no apparent Note 4 related posts prior to this either. Was the OP being rhetorical?
    jmy7213 likes this.
    08-30-2015 11:38 PM