so today i plugged in my note 5 to charge at work on the work charger i have which is a regular one. When I get home to charge my fast charger. I noticed at the top it says cable charging. Not fast charge, and says 2 hours to charge. WTF? how do we enable fast charge again?
    08-24-2015 04:41 PM
    so today i plugged in my note 5 to charge at work on the work charger i have which is a regular one. When I get home to charge my fast charger. I noticed at the top it says cable charging. Not fast charge, and says 2 hours to charge. WTF? how do we enable fast charge again?
    Try charging it with a different USB cable, had the same problem with my s6. So I just changed the charging cable.

SGS6
    08-24-2015 06:32 PM
    So along that note. Is it the charging block that makes it a "fast charger" or the cable or the combination of the two?

Posted via the Android Central App
    08-24-2015 07:17 PM
    So along that note. Is it the charging block that makes it a "fast charger" or the cable or the combination of the two?

Posted via the Android Central App
    My boyfriend and I argued about this issue the other night (he has the S6). We were both down to about 40%, I plugged my phone in with the "fast charger" he plugged his in with his old Samsung charger...of course my phone charged quicker. It's got to be the charging block, not the cord. You can hook your phone to any other charger but it will not " fast charge". It took forever for my phone to charge with my portable charger also. We also have a Duracell brand wireless charger, it doesn't fast charge either.
    08-25-2015 12:27 PM
    you were right. I changed the usb cord with same charger and it worked. Guess that cord doesnt support quick charge.
    08-25-2015 02:58 PM