02-18-2016 06:37 AM
49 12
    I have the black Samsung from Best Buy as well and I have yet to wake up to a full charge. I've used it every night, made sure it's charging, and then it usually stops and starts flashing blue, which is pretty annoying in the middle of the night. The most change I've gotten out of it is 80%. Has anyone been able to return it to Best Buy for a different kind of wireless charger?
    I threw the packaging away for the charger the day I got it.... Or I would try.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
    08-27-2015 10:41 AM
    Picked up a black note 5 and the free black wireless charger from Costco yesterday, noticed as soon as I set the phone on the charger that my phone would trip out and start opening things and then all of my recent study popped up and the phone went haywire. Took it off and reset it on the base and it working fine, I also noticed the top right 25% of my screen is pink on white backgrounds like Web sites etc.....ugh
    08-30-2015 02:14 PM
    I ordered a Note 5 and this Charger was recommended and I thought it would be nice to just set my phone down and have it charge. Well I got the black one and threw away all the packaging when I got it. Noticed that I was having this same issue the next day and called Samsung to find out the problem. They referred me back to Sprint. Am I screwed or is Samsung or Sprint providing a replacement for the defective charger?
    09-09-2015 08:20 PM
    OK here is a fun one I bought three black ones on amazon and no problems two for me one for my daughter got another one and it stopped working the first night. But it was plugged into a 5 port power supply. The supply died I guess it was fine for months. The wireless charger seemed fine on the Samsung wall wart. I returned it just in case. It was on a plastic bag verses the box the others came in

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk
    09-09-2015 08:57 PM
    I got the free one from Best Buy. They were out of them when I was at the store. They shipped one to my house. When I opened it i saw it was the white one. Was a lil disappointed as I bought a black note 5, but said what the heck, a charger is a charger. Guess I'm glad they sent me the White one, as I have not had any problems with mine. Maybe it is just the black ones.

Sent from my:

Beautiful Note V
    64 GB
    Black Sapphire
    Paired with Samsung Gear 2 Neo
    Sprint PCS
    Jay G63 likes this.
    09-09-2015 10:17 PM
    I also have a black puck I got for free at BB. Had the same problem. Returned it for another one, with the same problem (flashing blue light after 5 minutes of charging). However, if I have the phone on (streaming a baseball game or something) while sitting on the puck it works. It seems after a while of being on standby, the wireless charging shuts off or something. This would also give credence to the turning on of Daydream mode helping...

Posted via the Android Central App
    09-09-2015 10:28 PM
    I ordered a Note 5 and this Charger was recommended and I thought it would be nice to just set my phone down and have it charge. Well I got the black one and threw away all the packaging when I got it. Noticed that I was having this same issue the next day and called Samsung to find out the problem. They referred me back to Sprint. Am I screwed or is Samsung or Sprint providing a replacement for the defective charger?
    I would contact Sprint. Tell them you just got it but threw away the packaging. Ask for a replacement but tell them you want the white one since nobody seems to be having issues with those. Tell them about all the negative feedback you've read about on the black one.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk
    09-09-2015 11:19 PM
    I've sent two back and am still having the issue . I guess this is why they were free

09-10-2015 10:26 AM
    I was having issues with my samsung wireless charger, so I bought a brand new TYLT and still have an issue. Placed it on charge at 5% woke up to 77%.. lifted it off then set it back down and then it charged to 83% then beeped like I had just re-connected it.. I was doing this caseless I'll re-try with a case tonight.. its weird though bc for the first week or 2 it worked great with the stock wireless charger
    09-11-2015 10:37 AM
    I have a solution. Place the phone on the puck, unplug the charge cord at the puck, plug it into the phone. Works every time.
    sirCLD likes this.
    09-20-2015 09:54 AM
    I sent mine back to Samsung almost 2 weeks ago got an email last Friday saying this

Your Samsung accessory EP-PG920IBUGUS is currently On Hold for Part. We apologize for any inconvenience this delay may cause you.

If you have any additional questions, please call us at 1-800-SAMSUNG and reference ticket number

What part could they possibly be waiting for? It's ridiculous they are spending all this time and resources on this...

09-23-2015 08:00 AM
    Have all of you updated your firmware. Rumored to be fixes in one of the updates. Mine is better after the updates but still has issues sometimes.
    10-03-2015 03:40 PM
    Same deal, I used the black best buy one the day I got it, didn't work, haven't used it since. Guess I should return it, but with all the problems doesn't seem like a new one would help anyway
    10-03-2015 03:58 PM
    I think they made a revision to it. They sent me a new one and I got it Thursday and it works flawlessly. It will even charge it to 100 and keep it there till you take it off. The old one would shut off at 100 and drain.

10-03-2015 04:00 PM
    same issue here
    10-03-2015 08:54 PM
    I enjoy the white ones so much i picked up a brand new one for $21 off ebay. That makes 3 for the house.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk
    10-03-2015 09:01 PM
    Correct me if I am wrong but I am pretty certain the issue is actually the way wireless charging is handled that you are seeing drain overnight, so if you put phone down at 9:00 and it takes three hours to charge it will run its full cycle by 12:00, the wireless charge sync then shuts it's self off when light goes green, now your phone is sitting in standby mode from 12:00am till when ever you get up and take it off the platter.

So assuming you are losing roughly 2% per hour and it sits idle not charging for 6-8 hours you would potentially pick up your phone in the morning and be at 88% battery roughly.

I think the issue is that once the wireless cycle ends it requires the phone to be reseated to start wireless charging again, the phone will not sense it's low and try and keep it topped off.
    That may be what's happening with some of the chargers, but if so it's a defect. I have the free BB charger (black) and it's been working fine. I use it overnight and I wake up to a green light and 100% charge.
    10-04-2015 07:50 AM
    I got the black one free with my phone. It worked fine with a temporary gel case I had on it until I got my UAG case. Due to the thickness of the UAG case, I imagine, it is hard to get it in the "sweet spot" to work. The screen comes on, pings and displays that it is charging then go out. A few seconds later the screen comes on again and it pings. If I get it just right on the thing it will charge during the night reaching 100% before morning. If I take the UAG case off and put the gel case on it works without problems.
    10-05-2015 01:16 PM
    Went to best buy to exchange mine today and the guy at the Samsung experience desk told me it's a known issue. He didn't even want to give me another one to try, but reluctantly did. I'll give the new one a go tonight...
    10-07-2015 08:39 PM
    I found the answer to this problem by accident BEFORE it got bad.

I dont think they took Otter cases (or any cases) into consideration when they designed these chargers. Took mine off and the blinking issue went away. Something to do with the distance from the charger and the phone. That extra several millimeters of distance your protective case puts between your phone and the charger makes for a poor connection and causes a condition that worsens over time. It works when you first buy it but its inevitable that you will begin to have this problem.

Solution 1

Remove case whenever charging.

Solution 2

Just use a regular charger.
    11-23-2015 09:36 PM
    I have 3 totally different wireless charges that are different brands at it is doing the same thing on all 3. All 3 were working fine when purchased. It seems to be a bigger issue than just one specific charger or color.
    02-17-2016 04:28 PM
    I've tried using air plane mode, daydream mode as suggested. I've removed any other possible interference from the area and tried with no case to no avail. I'm giving up on wireless charging. Get your act together samsung.

02-17-2016 06:56 PM
    I have the black charger from best buy and it's working fine ...

02-18-2016 01:37 AM
    I'll chime in with my experience. My Note 5 is about a month old, AT&T version.

I tend to read up on these things obsessively. I'd seen a lot of inconsistency in reviews about the Samsung Fast Wireless charger, so first tried the Choetech fast charger. It worked fine for a couple of weeks, then started having problems initially making a charging connection. (I'm using a thin clear gel case, very minimal.) Since I'm interested in wireless charging mainly for the convenience of just plopping the phone on the pad and being done with it, I sent the Choetech back.

I then ordered and received the Tylt VU from Amazon. Not a Fast Adaptive charger, but convenient design, well thought of in the forums, and expensive. Again, worked well for a few nights. Then it started the routine of "charging paused", "charging" (BEEP!), over and over randomly. Basically, it was losing connection and reconnecting. While I was sleeping.

I emailed Tylt, and received a prompt reply from a nice lady, saying that they'd be happy to exchange my unit for an updated unit. I told her that if she could assure me that the updated unit would solve the problem, I'd be happy to do that. Otherwise, I'd just send my unit back to Amazon for a refund. She replied that she wouldn't be comfortable with assuring me that the updated unit would solve the problem, because it's so new that it hasn't been released yet, and they don't do refunds, only exchanges. I said "thanks, but no thanks."

So, I'm sending the Tylt VU back to Amazon for refund, and will finally give the Samsung Fast wireless a shot. I am not, however, hopeful.

I used a Nokia wireless charger with my old S4 for a year and a half with no problems, but I'm afraid that wireless charging with the Note 5 is not yet ready for prime time.
    02-18-2016 06:37 AM
49 12