Samsung wireless charger problems (color)

schwartzki

Aug 25, 2015
Visit site
Add me to the list having problems with the black Samsung wireless charger that I got free from Best Buy. Woken up to blinking blue light and no charge with Pelican Defender case on. Last night had a thin clear case on and woke up to green charged but only 88%.

rustypixel

Aug 4, 2010
Visit site
There's definitely an issue. I started a thread about this a couple of days back. Since then I went to BB and replaced the puck with a new one (same charger) and it's been working as it should. I wanted to make sure it want' my N5 so I tried the first charger with my older Droid MAXX and the same thing happened.

bplink95

May 25, 2014
Visit site
I've had my black samsung wireless charger almost 2 months and never had this happen with my regular s6 edge. Got the new s6 edge plus Friday and now get the blinking blue light errors and it stops charging. My girlfriend kept her regular s6 edge and it will charge with no problem on it. Smh... this is getting frustrating.

Posted via the Android Central App

stanleybb50

Jan 20, 2011
Visit site
Posting this on all the wireless charger threads because I was so excited at how well it worked last night!

I got this one from Amazon yesterday and it worked flawlessly! Woke up and the red charging led on my phone was still lit, as well as the led on the charger saying it was connected. Phone was cool, and it was at 100%. I LOVE the fact that it's tilted/angled as well.

Wireless Charger, Spigen® [Wireless Charging Pad] 3 Coil Charger [F300W] Premium Wireless / Qi Charging Stand Only for Qi Enabled Phones Galaxy Note 5/Galaxy S6 Edge Plus/S6/S6 Edge/Tablets Only - F300W (SGP11480) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00UGIA0W...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUacUvbUpU4641264

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Imprzya

Nov 6, 2013
Visit site
Add me to the list having problems with the black Samsung wireless charger that I got free from Best Buy. Woken up to blinking blue light and no charge with Pelican Defender case on. Last night had a thin clear case on and woke up to green charged but only 88%.

I have the black Samsung from Best Buy as well and I have yet to wake up to a full charge. I've used it every night, made sure it's charging, and then it usually stops and starts flashing blue, which is pretty annoying in the middle of the night. The most change I've gotten out of it is 80%. Has anyone been able to return it to Best Buy for a different kind of wireless charger?

stanleybb50

Jan 20, 2011
Visit site
I have the black Samsung from Best Buy as well and I have yet to wake up to a full charge. I've used it every night, made sure it's charging, and then it usually stops and starts flashing blue, which is pretty annoying in the middle of the night. The most change I've gotten out of it is 80%. Has anyone been able to return it to Best Buy for a different kind of wireless charger?
I threw the packaging away for the charger the day I got it.... Or I would try.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

rsuthers07

Apr 24, 2011
Visit site
Picked up a black note 5 and the free black wireless charger from Costco yesterday, noticed as soon as I set the phone on the charger that my phone would trip out and start opening things and then all of my recent study popped up and the phone went haywire. Took it off and reset it on the base and it working fine, I also noticed the top right 25% of my screen is pink on white backgrounds like Web sites etc.....ugh

Aron Kropf

Sep 10, 2015
Visit site
I ordered a Note 5 and this Charger was recommended and I thought it would be nice to just set my phone down and have it charge. Well I got the black one and threw away all the packaging when I got it. Noticed that I was having this same issue the next day and called Samsung to find out the problem. They referred me back to Sprint. Am I screwed or is Samsung or Sprint providing a replacement for the defective charger?

fooferdoggie

Sep 6, 2015
Visit site
OK here is a fun one I bought three black ones on amazon and no problems two for me one for my daughter got another one and it stopped working the first night. But it was plugged into a 5 port power supply. The supply died I guess it was fine for months. The wireless charger seemed fine on the Samsung wall wart. I returned it just in case. It was on a plastic bag verses the box the others came in

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

jmy7213

Aug 18, 2012
Visit site
I got the free one from Best Buy. They were out of them when I was at the store. They shipped one to my house. When I opened it i saw it was the white one. Was a lil disappointed as I bought a black note 5, but said what the heck, a charger is a charger. Guess I'm glad they sent me the White one, as I have not had any problems with mine. Maybe it is just the black ones.

Sent from my:

Beautiful Note V
64 GB
Black Sapphire
Paired with Samsung Gear 2 Neo
Sprint PCS

phreddie04

Sep 2, 2015
Visit site
I also have a black puck I got for free at BB. Had the same problem. Returned it for another one, with the same problem (flashing blue light after 5 minutes of charging). However, if I have the phone on (streaming a baseball game or something) while sitting on the puck it works. It seems after a while of being on standby, the wireless charging shuts off or something. This would also give credence to the turning on of Daydream mode helping...

Jay G63

Aug 18, 2015
Visit site
I ordered a Note 5 and this Charger was recommended and I thought it would be nice to just set my phone down and have it charge. Well I got the black one and threw away all the packaging when I got it. Noticed that I was having this same issue the next day and called Samsung to find out the problem. They referred me back to Sprint. Am I screwed or is Samsung or Sprint providing a replacement for the defective charger?
I would contact Sprint. Tell them you just got it but threw away the packaging. Ask for a replacement but tell them you want the white one since nobody seems to be having issues with those. Tell them about all the negative feedback you've read about on the black one.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

nicrom72

Aug 16, 2010
Visit site
I've sent two back and am still having the issue . I guess this is why they were free

mach1man

Feb 19, 2013
Visit site
I was having issues with my samsung wireless charger, so I bought a brand new TYLT and still have an issue. Placed it on charge at 5% woke up to 77%.. lifted it off then set it back down and then it charged to 83% then beeped like I had just re-connected it.. I was doing this caseless I'll re-try with a case tonight.. its weird though bc for the first week or 2 it worked great with the stock wireless charger

bplink95

May 25, 2014
Visit site
I sent mine back to Samsung almost 2 weeks ago got an email last Friday saying this

Your Samsung accessory EP-PG920IBUGUS is currently On Hold for Part. We apologize for any inconvenience this delay may cause you.

If you have any additional questions, please call us at 1-800-SAMSUNG and reference ticket number

What part could they possibly be waiting for? It's ridiculous they are spending all this time and resources on this...

schwartzki

Aug 25, 2015
Visit site
Have all of you updated your firmware. Rumored to be fixes in one of the updates. Mine is better after the updates but still has issues sometimes.

kj11

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
Same deal, I used the black best buy one the day I got it, didn't work, haven't used it since. Guess I should return it, but with all the problems doesn't seem like a new one would help anyway

bplink95

May 25, 2014
Visit site
I think they made a revision to it. They sent me a new one and I got it Thursday and it works flawlessly. It will even charge it to 100 and keep it there till you take it off. The old one would shut off at 100 and drain.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nikoczzzz