2 phones sitting right next to each other, both with the Sprint network. My iPhone 6 Plus is at -88 dBm while my Note 5 is at -105 dBm.

Anyone experiencing diminished reception over a prior phone they owned?
    08-24-2015 07:00 PM
    My Note 5 is much better than my iPhone 6 plus on tmobile. IPhone 6 has no reception in the building and the Note 5 has 3 bars. Guess different antennas make a difference.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk
    08-24-2015 07:05 PM
    I'm hoping I just have a faulty unit- Pandora won't even stream properly without freezing and skipping due to the connection sometimes.

These pictures were taken at identical times- massive difference:

08-25-2015 09:37 PM
    I find it necessary to update this thread as I've come across new information.

I took my phone into my local Sprint store, where an employee compared the signal strength to his 6+. The phones were right next to each other, and they both registered a near-identical signal reading.

In any event, there is a noticeable difference in loading pictures and social media streams. For example, Twitter feeds would pop up almost instantaneously on the 6+, however there is a pronounced lag on similar feeds on the Note 5. Any ideas as to why this is?
    09-11-2015 09:38 PM
    2 phones sitting right next to each other, both with the Sprint network. My iPhone 6 Plus is at -88 dBm while my Note 5 is at -105 dBm.

Anyone experiencing diminished reception over a prior phone they owned?
    I noticed the exact same problem on my phone and my wife's. We live about 1 mile from sprint tower. Bouncing from 0 bars to full bars up down inbetween it was crazy. Called sprint. Was on phone a good 45 mins. They have no clue. They say within 3 days i should get a call and get issue resolved. I highly doubt it. The guy even said i might live to close to the tower and it is causing a waterfall effect where the signal is going over me. That just doesn't sound right to me.
    Just crazy how two exact phones side by side can have signal bars high on one low on the other than flip flop to where they are just the opposite.
    I still say it's the tower but they say tower is operating just fine.
    32GB Note 5

Posted via the Android Central App
    09-11-2015 10:36 PM
    have you rebooted the phone? Power the phone off and then hold the volume button up , the home button down and the power button down all at the same time until it starts to reboot. After the phone reboots use the volume button to go down to wipe phone cache ,use the power button to select , when finished reboot the phone.
    09-11-2015 10:55 PM
    Just tried. No change

Posted via the Android Central App
    09-11-2015 11:11 PM
    64gb sprint here, incredible signal with this note 5. Almost full bars in my house where my note 4 would only get 1. Also the download speed it's crazy fast for my area. I'm getting 60 to 70 mbps when I used to get 10 max.
    BergerKing and Tommyboy660 like this.
    09-12-2015 07:51 PM
    64gb sprint here, incredible signal with this note 5. Almost full bars in my house where my note 4 would only get 1. Also the download speed it's crazy fast for my area. I'm getting 60 to 70 mbps when I used to get 10 max.
    I do realize that Im replying to a post that was posted a bit over 6 months ago, but Hopefully theres still ppl around that may be able to help me or guide me to someone or somewhere that can: I own a Sprint Note 5 64GB & before I had a Note 4 32GB (Same Network & Plan & still in my same location, now that I've upgraded to the note 5) but for some reason it seems almost as if I get worse signal on my 5 then what I did on the 4 & in saying that Im not only talking about LTE & 3G im also reffering to even wi-fi reception. Then when Im away from home & just on the Network its always really spiratic/patchy as in goes from full bars LTE down to 2 bars of just 3g & sometimes even completely either disconnects from the network or looses connection or whatever just when i look at where it normally shows LTE next to the bars it has a "!" Sign with either 1 or no bars at all & Im not traveling in different areas or taking different routes then what I've always done & I know that my entire city, county & surrounding counties have full 4G LTE Coverage with technically no low signal areas/spots unless you where to go into some buildings & structures but thats always suspected from any carrier or phone. With my Note 4 when I'd leave my house I'd have 4G LTE 85%-95% of the time & never really see my bars go below about 3 while on LTE. Does anyone know of anything that I could do to improve my reception? I live in SALT LAKE CITY, UTAH in Sandy so while its not a huge city like Los Angeles or New York it is far from being rural & like i said all around me in my County & surrounding counties have tons of Sprint LTE towers.

The back battery cover of my not 5 cracked & so I'm going to replace it myself (after watching how easy it is done by a Sprint store Technician "a suction cup & then a hot air gun to heat the adhesive & then it comes right off) so i've ordered a pack of those sort of gimmicky signal booster stickers thag most of you have probably seen at one time or another at a gas station (there stickers ie flat & have very thin copper lines throughout which make a small pattern) & even though i'm still not to convinced on whether they work or not, they're so cheap I just decided to buy a pack of 5 so I can put them under the back batter cover when I replace it, in hopes it may improve my signal even a tiny bit but if not it wont matter cuz there so cheap as long as they dont make it worse in any way. Plus this upcoming month im buying a new home wireless router that will be Tri-Band not that the Tri-Band will help any but the improved signal strength & speed via wi-fi will. I have family that live in Phoenix Arizona in a newer housing community & so cell phone reception is basically null & non existent so Sprint actually sent them a special like $400 box that is to allow them to have service while they're home & in very close proximity, but 1st I obviously know sprints not about to give me one of those for free 2nd I'm not willing to go out & buy my own for anywhere near that price, so while I am looking for fixes to my issue, Im not willing to spend very much just for that sole purpose so the stickers I have are a start but then i did just see something on ebay that looks like it sticks to the back of my phone & was about $9, so gonna get more info on that.

One very last question to anyone that may see this, ever since I bought my Note 5 I've loved how easy it is to hold in one hand due to the back being rounded on both sides rather then squared like the note 4 so I found a simple "case/protector" or whatever you want to call it that only surrounds the phone covering the outter bezel/rim but doesn't have any kind of back of front protector (plus I bought a tempered glass screen protector) & supposedly this Note 5 has Gorilla Glass 4 on front & back rather then Gorilla Glass 3 so supposedly way stronger yet this is the first time in as long as can remember that I've cracked/broken any glass on a phone (even though it the back. But that case even though it allowed me to still have the benefit of the easy ergonomics of rounded back edges i removed it because it was also making my signal worse, so does anyone know of any kind of protection case/bezel only/or anything that will still allow me to easy hold & handle the phone with one hand but not distort any of my signals??? It was made of Steel i believe & i think especially after only owning Spigen cases for my Note 4, that Aluminum DOES NOT interfere with any signal or reception, so anyone that knows of any or has a case or protector that allows you to still be able to comfortable hold your note 5 in one hand please share. THANK YOU SO MUCH, TOM C.
    04-12-2016 02:04 PM