10-05-2016 06:56 AM
119 12345
tools
    I have not noticed one bit of lag. I had the Galaxy S6 and that had some lag but not on my note 5!! Happy camper here.

Posted from my Galaxy Note 5
    So when you scroll in Facebook or Youtube lists it's perfectly smooth? No stuttering?
    09-02-2015 02:53 AM
    No lag here either for me. This has been the smoothest Galaxy phone I have had.
    And I have had every "S" model and Note model....besides the S6 and S6 Edge/Plus.

Posted via my Samsung Galaxy Note 5
    SpookDroid likes this.
    09-02-2015 04:09 AM
    i don't know why people use chrome in android...in pc i use it but in android it's the worst...i used it in note 2 3 4 and it always so lag and have lot of problems...

in android opera and firefox are the best...

and please wait all for android M because lollipop is the worst android ever made in term of speed and no lag
    09-02-2015 04:22 AM
    I've been using iphones from 3gs to 4s and iphone6 (for 2 weeks), galaxy s3 to galaxy s6 and i can say that IOS is definitely smoother and much more snappy. Especially during scrolling in almost every apps I used. Right now I'm considering the note 5 but Im not 100% sure because of the lag and stutter from the galaxy series.. Does the note5 come even close to the scrolling and snappy experience that the IOS gives you? This is the only concern cause I'm anal about the user experience.
    09-02-2015 09:03 AM
    So when you scroll in Facebook or Youtube lists it's perfectly smooth? No stuttering?
    No lag for me in those (or any other) apps.
    09-02-2015 09:24 AM
    UC browser very smooth
    09-02-2015 10:20 AM
    I probably purchase anywhere between 4-8 phones a year and this is the smoothest android phone i've ever owned.
    I have not had a hint of lag, at least not yet. Love this phone so far
    SpookDroid likes this.
    09-02-2015 10:23 AM
    Well, I don't know if it's nothing serious, but the difference between this Note 5 and my Oneplus One is staggering.

Main issues I notice are when scrolling through lists in apps like Youtube (e.g. video subscriptions) and Facebook (newsfeed). On the OP1 it's always buttery smooth. On the Note 5 it's never smooth... it always stutters.

Can people share there experiences with these apps? It's making me think there's an issue with this device. Is scrolling perfectly smooth on your device in these apps>
    No lag, no stuttering. Silky smooth scrolling, even on FB Beta.
    scvette_7 likes this.
    09-02-2015 10:49 AM
    I've been using iphones from 3gs to 4s and iphone6 (for 2 weeks), galaxy s3 to galaxy s6 and i can say that IOS is definitely smoother and much more snappy. Especially during scrolling in almost every apps I used. Right now I'm considering the note 5 but Im not 100% sure because of the lag and stutter from the galaxy series.. Does the note5 come even close to the scrolling and snappy experience that the IOS gives you? This is the only concern cause I'm anal about the user experience.
    You can only tell until you actually try one for yourself, but so far, every iFriend I've shown the Note 5 to have all said the same thing: it's finally as smooth as and more feature-packed than an iPhone.
    09-02-2015 10:50 AM
    I came over from an iPhone and I have not had any lag. Lag was one of the reasons I left Android when I had a GS3.

Posted via the Android Central App
    09-02-2015 11:00 AM
    I have zero lag.
    SpookDroid likes this.
    09-02-2015 11:12 AM
    That's right. Facebook is smooth as butter for me. I'll have to try youtube to see if it's as smooth.
    09-02-2015 02:27 PM
    The only thing that bothers me on android is scroll lag. When you scroll in apps like facebook and instagram and tap the screen to stop scrolling it doesn't stop right away making it seem like there's lag. It does that because the device checks if your finger is still sliding on the screen to scroll first before scrolling actually stops. I've notice not all apps do this on new devices but most of them still do and even though its something small it annoys the hell out of me.
    09-02-2015 03:48 PM
    The only thing that bothers me on android is scroll lag. When you scroll in apps like facebook and instagram and tap the screen to stop scrolling it doesn't stop right away making it seem like there's lag. It does that because the device checks if your finger is still sliding on the screen to scroll first before scrolling actually stops. I've notice not all apps do this on new devices but most of them still do and even though its something small it annoys the hell out of me.
    Not on my Note 5. Just tried that with the Facebook app. Flick to let it scroll, tap the screen to stop. Immediate stop. Only lag I've seen is maaaaaybe when switching from Rear camera to Front camera, but that's just me looking for something to lag.
    09-02-2015 04:17 PM
    I only experience lag when I'm on twitter. Browsing down reading each tweet and when I want to go back to the top of the page while scrolling fast, it'll hang up from time to time, but its really not a big issue. Other than that the phone lag has been flawless. Browsing websites are 10x faster than my iPhone 6+
    SpookDroid likes this.
    09-02-2015 04:26 PM
    what about when you open the Gallery?
    Note 4 takes forever to load the photos and lag pretty bad even though i use microsd UHS3
    09-03-2015 10:01 PM
    i don't know why people use chrome in android...in pc i use it but in android it's the worst...i used it in note 2 3 4 and it always so lag and have lot of problems...

in android opera and firefox are the best...

and please wait all for android M because lollipop is the worst android ever made in term of speed and no lag
    I Use Chrome on Android because whatever tabs I have seen or are using on Chrome for PC, I can go back to those Same Tabs on Android Chrome. Remember, you can pick up where you left off on your PC using your phone.
    09-03-2015 10:08 PM
    what about when you open the Gallery?
    Note 4 takes forever to load the photos and lag pretty bad even though i use microsd UHS3
    The note 5 is way faster opening the gallery then the note 4. I'm guessing that is something Samsung focused on making speedy since everyone complained about that on the note 4. Or maybe not having a SD card makes it faster.

I do notice the scrolling lag in Twitter and YouTube, but I figured that was normal. Kinda wish I hadn't read this thread since I thought that was normal and it never bothered me before. Still it's not a big deal.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
    09-03-2015 11:23 PM
    The note 5 is way faster opening the gallery then the note 4. UC browser very good
    09-04-2015 01:05 AM
    Dude , it does have no lag for the first month as my S6 edge
    but after a month , you will find the heating problem , and lag will show up sometimes .

i have the Att version , it might because of att initial apps .

My mom's Nexus 4 has been used for 3 years , still have no lag at all .

what do you think ?

it is all about the kernel or rom

flash a pure android or cm12

that will keep your phone has no lag

peace
    Unfortunately, you may be right.
    I owned the s6 edge and, after about 3 weeks, it became painfully slow, like 5 seconds to open up a text message slow.
    I will sell this phone immediately if that happens. Lucklily, at least for now, its still buttery smooth.
    09-04-2015 07:15 AM
    That makes sense on paper but I have several phones (Blackberry, iPhone 6, Nexus 6, Note 4, LG G4) and they all are relatively quick and responsive except for the Note 4. It has never been as trustworthy as my other phones no matter what.

I was expecting these type of threads to start about the Note 5. There are way too many about the Note 4 and most all Samsung phones. I think Samsung is becoming well known for having phones that while full of what some may consider useful features, they all have a lag that too many people notice. Especially after the honeymoon phase with your new phone.
    I have had my Note 4 since launch and never have had any lag in it. My multitask button is quick, camera is quick and smooth, been a great phone all around.
    09-04-2015 09:02 AM
    No lag. Occasional choppy scrolling certain apps that I didn't see on oneplus one or nexus 6. But I don't see lag. It is extremely responsive. Lag is when you touch the screen things don't happen right away. That doesn't happen on this phone, especially when you disable most of the bloatware

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk
    09-04-2015 09:15 AM
    anyway , it will get laggy after a few months
    09-04-2015 09:22 AM
    Unfortunately, you may be right.
    I owned the s6 edge and, after about 3 weeks, it became painfully slow, like 5 seconds to open up a text message slow.
    I will sell this phone immediately if that happens. Lucklily, at least for now, its still buttery smooth.
    Yup, ssame thing happened with my S6. The first month was smooth after that it starting slowing down. I didnt get as much lag as others but it was definitely noticeable. Even in the Note 4 forums you can see how many ppl were saying it was "buttery smooth" when they first got it but 6 months later it became a laggy mess. Thats one thing I will give to iOS, my 10 month old iphone 6 and my sisters 2 year old 5s are both running just as smooth as when it was first bought. Never had to do a hard reset.
    saiyyasuka pon likes this.
    09-04-2015 12:21 PM
    Yup, ssame thing happened with my S6. The first month was smooth after that it starting slowing down. I didnt get as much lag as others but it was definitely noticeable. Even in the Note 4 forums you can see how many ppl were saying it was "buttery smooth" when they first got it but 6 months later it became a laggy mess. Thats one thing I will give to iOS, my 10 month old iphone 6 and my sisters 2 year old 5s are both running just as smooth as when it was first bought. Never had to do a hard reset.
    So why does android start to lag afterwards?? I too have noticed my S6 not opening apps as fast as before. the lag was very minor though and didn't have much effect on my usage
    DamienP likes this.
    09-04-2015 01:02 PM
119 12345