galaxy note 5 lag?

alex217c

Jul 23, 2015
Visit site
The only thing that bothers me on android is scroll lag. When you scroll in apps like facebook and instagram and tap the screen to stop scrolling it doesn't stop right away making it seem like there's lag. It does that because the device checks if your finger is still sliding on the screen to scroll first before scrolling actually stops. I've notice not all apps do this on new devices but most of them still do and even though its something small it annoys the hell out of me.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
The only thing that bothers me on android is scroll lag. When you scroll in apps like facebook and instagram and tap the screen to stop scrolling it doesn't stop right away making it seem like there's lag. It does that because the device checks if your finger is still sliding on the screen to scroll first before scrolling actually stops. I've notice not all apps do this on new devices but most of them still do and even though its something small it annoys the hell out of me.

Not on my Note 5. Just tried that with the Facebook app. Flick to let it scroll, tap the screen to stop. Immediate stop. Only lag I've seen is maaaaaybe when switching from Rear camera to Front camera, but that's just me looking for something to lag.

bigjunior45

Jan 2, 2012
Visit site
I only experience lag when I'm on twitter. Browsing down reading each tweet and when I want to go back to the top of the page while scrolling fast, it'll hang up from time to time, but its really not a big issue. Other than that the phone lag has been flawless. Browsing websites are 10x faster than my iPhone 6+

chobits

Mar 21, 2012
Visit site
what about when you open the Gallery?
Note 4 takes forever to load the photos and lag pretty bad even though i use microsd UHS3

calicocat2010

Jun 22, 2013
Visit site
i don't know why people use chrome in android...in pc i use it but in android it's the worst...i used it in note 2 3 4 and it always so lag and have lot of problems...

in android opera and firefox are the best...

and please wait all for android M because lollipop is the worst android ever made in term of speed and no lag

I Use Chrome on Android because whatever tabs I have seen or are using on Chrome for PC, I can go back to those Same Tabs on Android Chrome. Remember, you can pick up where you left off on your PC using your phone.

zeuswsu

Feb 6, 2010
Visit site
what about when you open the Gallery?
Note 4 takes forever to load the photos and lag pretty bad even though i use microsd UHS3
The note 5 is way faster opening the gallery then the note 4. I'm guessing that is something Samsung focused on making speedy since everyone complained about that on the note 4. Or maybe not having a SD card makes it faster.

I do notice the scrolling lag in Twitter and YouTube, but I figured that was normal. Kinda wish I hadn't read this thread since I thought that was normal and it never bothered me before. Still it's not a big deal.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

glock115

Oct 7, 2013
Visit site
Dude , it does have no lag for the first month as my S6 edge
but after a month , you will find the heating problem , and lag will show up sometimes .

i have the Att version , it might because of att initial apps .

My mom's Nexus 4 has been used for 3 years , still have no lag at all .

what do you think ?

it is all about the kernel or rom

flash a pure android or cm12

that will keep your phone has no lag

peace
Unfortunately, you may be right.
I owned the s6 edge and, after about 3 weeks, it became painfully slow, like 5 seconds to open up a text message slow.
I will sell this phone immediately if that happens. Lucklily, at least for now, its still buttery smooth.

bassplayrguy

Trusted Member
May 3, 2013
Visit site
That makes sense on paper but I have several phones (Blackberry, iPhone 6, Nexus 6, Note 4, LG G4) and they all are relatively quick and responsive except for the Note 4. It has never been as trustworthy as my other phones no matter what.

I was expecting these type of threads to start about the Note 5. There are way too many about the Note 4 and most all Samsung phones. I think Samsung is becoming well known for having phones that while full of what some may consider useful features, they all have a lag that too many people notice. Especially after the honeymoon phase with your new phone.

I have had my Note 4 since launch and never have had any lag in it. My multitask button is quick, camera is quick and smooth, been a great phone all around.

giftedmd

Aug 29, 2011
Visit site
No lag. Occasional choppy scrolling certain apps that I didn't see on oneplus one or nexus 6. But I don't see lag. It is extremely responsive. Lag is when you touch the screen things don't happen right away. That doesn't happen on this phone, especially when you disable most of the bloatware

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

Coney718

Jan 7, 2015
Visit site
Unfortunately, you may be right.
I owned the s6 edge and, after about 3 weeks, it became painfully slow, like 5 seconds to open up a text message slow.
I will sell this phone immediately if that happens. Lucklily, at least for now, its still buttery smooth.

Yup, ssame thing happened with my S6. The first month was smooth after that it starting slowing down. I didnt get as much lag as others but it was definitely noticeable. Even in the Note 4 forums you can see how many ppl were saying it was "buttery smooth" when they first got it but 6 months later it became a laggy mess. Thats one thing I will give to iOS, my 10 month old iphone 6 and my sisters 2 year old 5s are both running just as smooth as when it was first bought. Never had to do a hard reset.

alex217c

Jul 23, 2015
Visit site
Yup, ssame thing happened with my S6. The first month was smooth after that it starting slowing down. I didnt get as much lag as others but it was definitely noticeable. Even in the Note 4 forums you can see how many ppl were saying it was "buttery smooth" when they first got it but 6 months later it became a laggy mess. Thats one thing I will give to iOS, my 10 month old iphone 6 and my sisters 2 year old 5s are both running just as smooth as when it was first bought. Never had to do a hard reset.

So why does android start to lag afterwards?? I too have noticed my S6 not opening apps as fast as before. the lag was very minor though and didn't have much effect on my usage

Coney718

Jan 7, 2015
Visit site
So why does android start to lag afterwards?? I too have noticed my S6 not opening apps as fast as before. the lag was very minor though and didn't have much effect on my usage

I think thats has more to do with Samsung phones and Touchwiz than Android itself because I've heard people with Nexus devices say their phones still run smooth after having it for a while. I think most will agree Galaxy phones are not as well optimized as iphones hence the slowdown over time.

AllPhones

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
My Note 5 does have a little lag at times, my note 4 did not. Which is quite interesting, because Touchwiz is lighter on the N5. N5 is also faster and smoother than the N4, but I see lags on the N5. My Nexus 5 and 6 never lagged at all and neither did my HTC M7 or M8. They were all super smooth and fast. So as result, I find that it is Samsung's Touchwiz that causes the problem. Even though the N5 it is much lighter.

N English

Dec 9, 2014
Visit site
Truest statement on the internet. So typical of Samdung phones to have to deal with changing everything stock just to make it work. I dumped my Note 4 because of this, and in waiting for the iPhone 6s to drop, my carrier let me have a note 5 and while the phone and hardware are gorgeous, the samdung software is still the same old BS. I should not HAVE to change stock apps to get proper functionality. The stock message app was so laggy, I would type a few words, then they'd appear in the text box as much as 10 seconds later....all at once .Then hit "send" and waiting 5 or so seconds to complete the action. Installed Google messenger and it's instant. Which means it's a samdung software issue. (also happened in safe mode)