galaxy note 5 lag?

victoryrules8

Aug 15, 2015
Visit site
Is it just me or does the note 5 have some lag in text messaging and while browsing the internet? It seems like it loads Web pages slow and sometimes while typing the typing lags behind. . I thought maybe it was the theme I was running but that wasn't it. Anyone else having these issues? This phone is awesome other then that. Just want this fixed. For the price is should have zero lag.

Posted via the Android Central App

russel5150

Jul 15, 2012
Visit site
I havent noticed anything, however i don't think i am as sensitive to lag. And what i mean by that is i expect a webpage to take a split second to load.

Some of what people consider lag is actually things like cell service.

As far as what i consider real lag, havent seen any on my phone.

victoryrules8

Aug 15, 2015
Visit site
Well for me it seems to come and go. Even on WiFi it seems as though my s6 loads up the same page much faster. It take a few more seconds sometimes to load up.

dasupaman23

Nov 24, 2008
Visit site
On chrome try to disable JavaScript when you don't need it. That seems to help. Also I use Google Messenger instead of the stock text app and don't seem to have issues.

One thing I do on Samsung devices is enable the developer options then turn animations off. Not sure if it helps but have been doing it since the s3 days.

Sent from my Note 5

itsnotmeitsyou

Feb 9, 2014
Visit site
I haven't noticed any lag. But I will say that with 4GB of RAM on a friggen phone, you shouldn't need to disable ANYTHING..

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

victoryrules8

Aug 15, 2015
Visit site
Totally agree. I don't use chrome and I use textra for sms. It just socks that you pay this much for a phone that you have to tweak so much to the point that the features you bought it for irritate you more then they are useful. I'm gonna give it a few more days and see if it works itself out . If not I will either return or exchange.

Dhawk1202

Nov 14, 2014
Visit site
I've experienced some lag on hangouts and Google messenger, but everything I've thrown at this phone has worked exceptionally well. Not the phone, it's the apps.

Paul Paradis

May 26, 2014
Visit site
This by far the smoothest operating phone I've ever owned. I literally had so many things running at once I lost track. Plus firefox, the native internet app, and text secure. Still zero lag or issues of any kind.

tanson1011

Feb 5, 2012
Visit site
Notice lag when using the keyboard. It was worse on swiftkey, not as bad on the stock keyboard. Gonna try Google keyboard. It is annoying.

Mahmoud52

Mar 17, 2014
Visit site
I agree the lagging issues started when I used samsungs theme's I noticed lagging so I quickly un-installed the theme now back to normal no lagging 😆 loving the note 5

victoryrules8

Aug 15, 2015
Visit site
I went and exchanged mine this morning. Night and day difference. This phone has ZERO LAG! Good to go!

E Padilla

Aug 20, 2015
Visit site
I haven't had any lag with browsing or texting at least thus far. This phone been a true champ.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

fredwardnelson

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
It's so sad to come back to the forums and read about Samsung phones lagging after all these years. The Note 5 does seem like a nice phone, minus touchwiz I'd get it.

Sep 4, 2013
Visit site
I haven't noticed anything like that, this phone is the smoothest I've ever used. I will say that I'm not using any Samsung themes and I installed Nova launcher prime (just like on all my phones). This thing is like buttah.

zmann

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
Loading Internet pages very quick.. May have something to do with the speed of the Internet connection.

Note 5 is DOPE

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thtknt