galaxy note 5 lag?

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Mod Note - Please stay in topic. If you don't care for this thread remember you don't have to post.

Thanks.

russ716

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
Is it just me or does the note 5 have some lag in text messaging and while browsing the internet? It seems like it loads Web pages slow and sometimes while typing the typing lags behind. . I thought maybe it was the theme I was running but that wasn't it. Anyone else having these issues? This phone is awesome other then that. Just want this fixed. For the price is should have zero lag.

Posted via the Android Central App

Lag? Are you serious this phone is a beast. If you are lagging it's your connection. No way in he'll it's the phone.

PP763

Sep 16, 2015
Visit site
Try buying an expensive huawei. I couldnt even use the messaging keyboard as it misses key presses

WeAreAllUnique

Sep 9, 2014
Visit site
Is it just me or does the note 5 have some lag in text messaging and while browsing the internet? It seems like it loads Web pages slow and sometimes while typing the typing lags behind. . I thought maybe it was the theme I was running but that wasn't it. Anyone else having these issues? This phone is awesome other then that. Just want this fixed. For the price is should have zero lag.

Do you have power save mode on?

Bluejayy

Sep 26, 2015
Visit site
Totally agree. I don't use chrome and I use textra for sms. It just socks that you pay this much for a phone that you have to tweak so much to the point that the features you bought it for irritate you more then they are useful. I'm gonna give it a few more days and see if it works itself out . If not I will either return or exchange.

And what do expect samsung with do with a used phone? Sell it again? Would someone buy a only few days used phone?

Jan 2, 2015
Visit site

I haven't noticed any lag, but then again I have the international version so mine doesn't come with all the carrier bloat ware that slows it down.
Same old story !!!!

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

anon(9652351)

Sep 18, 2015
Visit site
I'm in the same boat as you. Did using Google keyboard resolve the issue?

I LOVE Google Keyboard but at the same time I determined that is exactly what is causing the lag on my Note 5. It is a very consistent pattern. I install Google Keyboard and I have lag, I uninstall it and have zero lag.... Sucks because I think it's the best keyboard by FAR. I also have the N920i International version on AT&T

WeAreAllUnique

Sep 9, 2014
Visit site
I LOVE Google Keyboard but at the same time I determined that is exactly what is causing the lag on my Note 5. It is a very consistent pattern. I install Google Keyboard and I have lag, I uninstall it and have zero lag.... Sucks because I think it's the best keyboard by FAR. I also have the N920i International version on AT&T

I'm partial to the Samsung keyboard. I actually think it is really good. I love the top number row.

DamienP

Nov 8, 2015
Visit site
My Note 5 lags now and again while typing in any field text, internet, whatever. It also freezes temporarily on any screen (Lock screen, going in or out of apps, while in app, on home page, menu screens, etc.

I'm hoping that Samsung didn't produce a lot of defective phones, because I seem to have one. I'm in the process of getting a refund of exchange possibly. I'm thinking5 trying another note 5 again, but...

DamienP

Nov 8, 2015
Visit site
I haven't noticed any lag, but then again I have the international version so mine doesn't come with all the carrier bloat ware that slows it down.

I have a factory unlocked one on MetroPCS. My typing gets stuck, the phone freezes up a bit hear and there. That can't be my connection as far as I can understand. My LG G Stylo ($150) was more impressive performance wise in the first month than this note has been.

WeAreAllUnique

Sep 9, 2014
Visit site
My Note 5 lags now and again while typing in any field text, internet, whatever. It also freezes temporarily on any screen (Lock screen, going in or out of apps, while in app, on home page, menu screens, etc.

I'm hoping that Samsung didn't produce a lot of defective phones, because I seem to have one. I'm in the process of getting a refund of exchange possibly. I'm thinking5 trying another note 5 again, but...

I've seen a few reports of this, but it hasn't been my experience. One of the snappiest phones I have ever used.

Gray Area

Dec 5, 2012
Visit site
I've had a couple of typing lags when I'm running a boat load of apps but it doesn't last long. Other then that the phone is snappy and buttery smooth. Like any electronic device some people get a different experience. I've heard many iPhone users complain of app crashes, phone restarts and lag, yet the software is often advertised as being flawless. It just depends on the individual device and if it's faulty or if something is hindering the full potential of the experience and what the phone is capable of.

Posted via the modest yet efficient Lenovo Tab 2 A8 50f

DEVICE HISTORY (since they got smart)
PHONES: Galaxy Nexus, LG viper, Galaxy s3, HTC Evo 4g, Galaxy Note 2, Galaxy s5, LG G-Flex, Galaxy Mega 6.3, Galaxy s6 edge, Galaxy Note 5. TABLETS: Galaxy Note 10.1 gt-n8013, Galaxy tab 3 7.0. Lenovo tab2 A8 50 WATCH: Galaxy gear

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
planeboy